Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Skin Converter, version 1.2, 7/8/2019 - NOW OBSOLETE

by CmarNYC Posted 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:15 PM - Updated 9th Dec 2020 at 9:40 PM by CmarNYC

116 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#76 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joewig
Could this explain why skins don't automatically populate across all outfits? Do you have anything for Mac users?

There's no reason I'm aware of that skintones wouldn't be used in all outfits. Otherwise the sim would have no skin! If you mean skin details 'skins', which are overlays, they're a different kind of item.

Sorry, no Mac version. A lot of people use an emulator or a dual boot system.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:04 AM
Im trying to update the PXELBOX_IntoxicatedDefaultSkin_AllAges but it says no skintones found? why what do i do? Please help me
Test Subject
#78 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:05 AM
i mean yes thank you but i havent fixed ikt yet
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thebrandik
Im trying to update the PXELBOX_IntoxicatedDefaultSkin_AllAges but it says no skintones found? why what do i do? Please help me

Only skintones found in the skin color picker panel can be converted. The Intoxicated skin is a default replacement of the base body and face textures, not a skintone.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#80 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Are you saving over the existing package? If so that's probably the problem. You should save as a new package both because saving over the package you already have open can corrupt it and because you should keep the original intact just in case.

If that's not it, I'll need to see the text of the pop up you're getting.

You're right. I was replacing. It works now. THANKS!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 12:11 AM
Hello!
I can not get this to work for the custom skin tones I use! I don't get any errors or anything but they just won't tan... It says my sim has a tan, but it doesn't appear until I switch their skin tone into an EA one, and then when I switch it back, there's nothing again. Please help me!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#82 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RIPQuxxn
Hello!
I can not get this to work for the custom skin tones I use! I don't get any errors or anything but they just won't tan... It says my sim has a tan, but it doesn't appear until I switch their skin tone into an EA one, and then when I switch it back, there's nothing again. Please help me!

Please upload or link to the original skintones package and your converted package.

Test Subject
#83 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 1:39 AM
Please upload or link to the original skintones package and your converted package.

Sure, didn't know how to attach files so did it through SFS.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/75473/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#84 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RIPQuxxn
Sure, didn't know how to attach files so did it through SFS.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/75473/

The converted skins work fine for tanning in my game. Did you remove the originals from your mods folder?

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 6:33 PM
This is wonderful but I must be doing something wrong. When I put the converted file into my mods folder the game gives me an error message stating there are files missing and refuses to start.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#86 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaidenM
This is wonderful but I must be doing something wrong. When I put the converted file into my mods folder the game gives me an error message stating there are files missing and refuses to start.

Please upload or link to the original and converted packages.

Test Subject
#87 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 12:01 AM
I'm having some trouble with an older skin tone. When I try to fix it, it says there's no skintone in the package file. Which.. is weird. Please help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#88 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CierraKaye
I'm having some trouble with an older skin tone. When I try to fix it, it says there's no skintone in the package file. Which.. is weird. Please help!

If it's the kind of skin you apply as a skin detail, that's not the kind of skintone this tool works on.

Test Subject
#89 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 1:25 AM
I also get the missing files error. The file I tried to do is this one here: https://simfileshare.net/download/940452/ and I (think I) added the resulting file.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  noodlesremixestan.7z (1.87 MB, 9 downloads)
Description: The converted skintones.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#90 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenMercy
I also get the missing files error. The file I tried to do is this one here: https://simfileshare.net/download/940452/ and I (think I) added the resulting file.

I was able to convert the package you linked to without problems. The package you uploaded seems to be corrupted and the files inside don't have the correct id numbers to identify the type. No idea how that happened!

Test Subject
#91 Old 2nd Oct 2019 at 6:33 PM
I was able to convert the package you linked to without problems. The package you uploaded seems to be corrupted and the files inside don't have the correct id numbers to identify the type. No idea how that happened!

I think it saved wrong the first time. I tried again and it worked fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 9:50 AM
Thank you so much for this fix! T o T I was searching everywhere because all my preferred skins are customs.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#93 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 2:29 PM
Thank you for this! I use Ms Blue's Skintones and was so sad that they did not work with IL! Now I can keep using them! A question, though, can this tool be used to make custom skintones replace the original skintones?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#94 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
Thank you for this! I use Ms Blue's Skintones and was so sad that they did not work with IL! Now I can keep using them! A question, though, can this tool be used to make custom skintones replace the original skintones?

I'm not sure what you mean - it'll convert custom skintones for you as you know, but what original skintones do you want to replace? If you mean EA tones that don't have tan and burn states, you'd have to clone a default replacement and convert it, I think.

Field Researcher
#95 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 6:02 PM

I'm not sure what you mean - it'll convert custom skintones for you as you know, but what original skintones do you want to replace? If you mean EA tones that don't have tan and burn states, you'd have to clone a default replacement and convert it, I think.

Oh I mean I would like to stop new townies from using EA's default skintones and use custom ones instead. Like default eyes. I'm not sure if that's possible.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#96 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
Oh I mean I would like to stop new townies from using EA's default skintones and use custom ones instead. Like default eyes. I'm not sure if that's possible.

That would something to try with Skininator - as I recall skins that don't have any archetype tags are not picked randomly if there are any skins that do have them. You'd have to do default replacements of the EA tones with no archetype tags and add them to the custom tones you want to appear on townies. It's also possible that removing the randomization tuning might prevent a tone from being randomized at all, but I haven't tested this and you'd have to set the tuning link to zero in s4pe since Skininator won't do it. I'll look into that for the next version if it works.

Test Subject
#97 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 12:02 PM
So I have been trying to update MsBlue Skintone for IL and I did save it as a completely different name and in a different and yet when I try to open my game,it's unable to start due to "missing/damaged data" I have attached the message below.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#98 Old 2nd Feb 2020 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JennyXo
So I have been trying to update MsBlue Skintone for IL and I did save it as a completely different name and in a different and yet when I try to open my game,it's unable to start due to "missing/damaged data" I have attached the message below.

When I see that message it's because I have a tool open that uses game packages. Try closing everything. If that doesn't help, remove the converted package - if the game runs, maybe the package got corrupted somehow and you can try converting it again. If it still doesn't help, maybe you really have missing or corrupted game data and have to repair your game.

Test Subject
#99 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 12:17 AM
Hi, I've been trying to convert the MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3 skin and I've already made a lot of attempts and I can't get it to work in my game.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#100 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mc0r1
Hi, I've been trying to convert the MsBlue_SkintoneSetV3 skin and I've already made a lot of attempts and I can't get it to work in my game.

I can't even make a guess based on that information. Please explain exactly what you did and what happened.

Page 4 of 5