Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Script Mod] enable advanced debug/cheat interactions

by clown Posted 13th Sep 2014 at 8:19 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2014 at 11:53 PM by leefish

829 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 560 Feedback Posts, 268 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 34
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:50 PM
Hola podrías hacer un mod para no tener que escribir todo el rato testingcheats true es que es muy cansado eso,perdona por no escribir en ingles es que no se y el traductor lo hace mal,muy buenos trabajos
Test Subject
#77 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gellenduo
do i have to do the steps? cause this mod not working for me when i unzip it but there is two in there so which one do i need to unzip in Oder to work?

As it says in the updated description, you don't unzip anything. Just drop the zip file into your "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods" folder. Also, you have to make sure "Script Mods" is checked in the Settings of your game. If it isn't, you will have to check it and restart.

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:29 PM Last edited by synysterxdave : 14th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM. Reason: wrong post reason
i dont know whats going on but i've dropped the .zip in my mods folder and started up the sims 4 with scripts enabled in the options menu but im still not able to shift click sims and get the new debug options
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Reinette : 14th Sep 2014 at 11:11 PM.
I really appreciate your work, but I play the spanish version of the game and I noticed that some options are missing. I guess it is a translation issue. Is there any thing I can do? Thanks.

Edit: I've also noticed that modified relationships still remain the same after the modification via de option mod when you see at them in the relationship panel.
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by synysterxdave
i dont know whats going on but i've dropped the .zip in my mods folder and started up the sims 4 with scripts enabled in the options menu but im still not able to shift click sims and get the new debug options

You still need to set testingcheats to true. Press Shift + C, type testingcheats true then Shift + LMB on the desired thing and it should pop up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
i have did everything correct and even typed in testingcheats i still dont get all the options just the basic ones
Test Subject
#82 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jinxhoney1113
I had to remove the thing, which sucks because the mod itself worked. The problem I had was that once my sim started an action, there was no way to cancel said action. So if it wasn't a short term action they never stopped. It's to bad too. I really loved this mod.

Hi
Sorry for my English,
I have the same problem, German version.

Thanks for the mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:35 PM
This is awesome, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:36 PM
thanks man.

Mods like this are why I love this community
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:39 PM
im not sure why, but even though all the debug commands are available for use when I shift click, but for altering needs (ie. disable household need decay), I still need to put in testingcheats on command for it to have effect.
Test Subject
#86 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightinparis
im not sure why, but even though all the debug commands are available for use when I shift click, but for altering needs (ie. disable household need decay), I still need to put in testingcheats on command for it to have effect.

Same here. :/
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#87 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:47 PM
testingcheats true is needed to get the alter needs to work, although the option exists when you shift click the mailbox without typing it in.
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 12:17 AM
If you're irritated from having to type it in so often, you can edit default.ini in the bin folder to set up your hotkeys. I made four my testingcheats on shortcut. :P
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siuni
If you're irritated from having to type it in so often, you can edit default.ini in the bin folder to set up your hotkeys. I made four my testingcheats on shortcut. :P

What did you type to make it work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 1:49 AM
yeah this mod is ESSENTIAL for all you advance hardcore SIm Players! tired of always reactivating testincheats True?
this is for you!
Props to the uploader and all who helped make this possible and the people leaving feedback further helping
Test Subject
#91 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryVann
What did you type to make it work?

I believe you can just type (whatever hotkey you want to use) = testingcheats true under [GameplayKeys] in Default.ini.
Test Subject
#92 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Star Treker
I believe you can just type (whatever hotkey you want to use) = testingcheats true under [GameplayKeys] in Default.ini.

I tried that but it didn't work.
Test Subject
#93 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:36 AM Last edited by The Star Treker : 15th Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM.
I tried that but it didn't work.

Yeah it didn't work for me either but it looks like it almost work I open the console window when I click on my hotkey where I put in testingcheats true shows up but it says it's invalid or unknown command. Oh maybe you need to add | after = and a space between like the other hotkeys above try that.

Like this:

[GameplayKeys]
tilde = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
zero = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
one = |clock.setspeed one
two = |clock.setspeed two
three = |clock.setspeed three
four = |testingcheats true

[Edited] It finally work! :D
Test Subject
#94 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 3:09 AM Last edited by MaryVann : 15th Sep 2014 at 3:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by The Star Treker
Yeah it didn't work for me either but it looks like it almost work I open the console window when I click on my hotkey where I put in testingcheats true shows up but it says it's invalid or unknown command. Oh maybe you need to add | after = and a space between like the other hotkeys above try that.

Like this:

[GameplayKeys]
tilde = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
zero = |clock.toggle_pause_unpause
one = |clock.setspeed one
two = |clock.setspeed two
three = |clock.setspeed three
four = |testingcheats true

[Edited] It finally work! :D

That's exactly what I had but it didn't work for me and still doesn't.

[Edited] Apparently my KB decided to stop working while in game. This does work when my KB decides it wanted to work again. Thanks so much for the help!
Test Subject
#95 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 3:28 AM
That's exactly what I had but it didn't work for me and still doesn't.

[Edited] Apparently my KB decided to stop working while in game. This does work when my KB decides it wanted to work again. Thanks so much for the help!

You're welcome! Now we don't have to type anything except clicking. I even add the Money cheat (with maximum amount) as a hotkey as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM
i found that sometimes it can be case sensitive so i always have to put testingcheats True if i put true it wont do it unless its 'True' hope this helps/ it was a problem for me till i thought it was prolly case sensitive adn tried the capital T
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:28 AM
YES! Thank you so much! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:13 AM
One of my favorite Sims 4 mods!
Deceased
#99 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:48 AM
Apparently my KB decided to stop working while in game. This does work when my KB decides it wanted to work again. Thanks so much for the help!

I've had possibly the same issue, where the number keys and tilde don't work when I start the game. I've found that hitting ESC twice fixes the issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:29 AM
I've missed something like this since the transition to Sims 4, so thank you!
Page 4 of 34