Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 2:59 PM
Default Help placing multiple slots in the same tile
Sorry if it looks like I'm spamming, but this is a completely different project. I'm trying to make an armory-thing that can hold 4 phaser rifles stacked vertically. I managed to position the first slot about where I need it. I followed the tutorial for adding a slot as closely as I could, but I must have missed something. In-game, only the original slot is enabled.

I've included the object (it doesn't look like much at this point, I haven't meshed it yet) and the accesory I'm trying to stack on it. The armory is in Surfaces/Misc and the rifle is in Electronics/Small
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Modular Armory.rar (121.2 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:54 PM
can you tell me exactly what steps you followed to add the slot? If you tell me what you did, i can tell you what you missed.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 2:10 AM
Hey, Rap. Long time, no see

1. Cloned SLOT resource, changed instance number and changed I10 values to next consecutive numbers higher

2. Cloned OBJD resource, gave it a new instance number, in tab 07 of RAW Data, slot id, changed the hex code to correspond to the instance number of the new SLOT

3. Cloned OBJF resource, changed instance number to match the new OBJD

4. In the CRES, selected 0x6: slot_table_std_0 in the Edit Blocks tab and added a node. The node is numbered 0x16. Changed the Translation values in the cTransformNode and cleverly renamed it Slot_2 in the cObjectGraphNode.

5. In 0x4: [Joint1], added a child node and changed its unknown value to 0x0001 and child index value to 0x00000016

6. Back in the Edit blocks, added 0x8: rte_table_std_0_se and added 8 nodes. Returned to 0x16: Slot_2 and added 8 child nodes, with an unknown value of 0X0001 and child index values from 0x00000017 to 0x00001E, consecutively..

7. In the cObjectGraphNode of each new child node, changed the node name to values from Slot_2_SE to Slot_2_S. In the cTransformNode I adjusted the Translation and Rotation values as per the tutorial.

8. In the STR# labeled Model-Bones, added 2 lines. Changed 0x9 to Slot_2 and 0xA to Slot_2_SE,Slot_2_E,Slot_2_NE,Slot_2_N,Slot_2_NW,Slot_2_W,Slot_2_SW,Slot_2_S. Went to the newly created SLOT, and changed the I9 value in Container to 9 and in Routing to 10.

Those are all the steps I took

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com