Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Storage *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 14th Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:46 AM by treeag

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:53 AM
Banned
#3 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 1:22 AM
Hey that's pretty cool, thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:09 AM
This is very cool! It's like the WA buyable treasure chest, for everyone.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:04 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keleya
This is very cool! It's like the WA buyable treasure chest, for everyone.

Better, with the option to store all items of a type at once :O
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:28 AM
Can it go into the (sim, not family) inventory? If it not, then it would make a great update.

Really awesome though. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:19 AM
This is awesome!!! Thank you very much, I've been wanting something like this for my game for ages.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:22 AM
Very cool! Nice job
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:49 AM
Thanks! What a neat idea!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:41 AM
Sometimes the treasure chests from WA don't match my decor, so this is great. Thanks!
Instructor
#12 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:20 PM
Fanubertastic! Thank you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:53 PM
Thank you very much for coming up with this! I have a request inspired by this idea of yours: Would it be possible to make a simular object, small in size like this and able to sit on surfaces, and then mesh it like a fruitbasket, and place slots, so that the fruit will even sit on top of eachother in a layer with fewer slots differently centered than the layer below? This way we can finally use all our fruits and vegetables as decor in the house
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 1:11 PM
Wonderful!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:25 PM
Cool Idea! It's a really handy item!
Instructor
#16 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mayah
Thank you very much for coming up with this! I have a request inspired by this idea of yours: Would it be possible to make a simular object, small in size like this and able to sit on surfaces, and then mesh it like a fruitbasket, and place slots, so that the fruit will even sit on top of eachother in a layer with fewer slots differently centered than the layer below? This way we can finally use all our fruits and vegetables as decor in the house

There's a free crate over at TSR that sits on the floor and has nine slots that might look good with vegetables in them.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:59 PM
Ohh! Thanks so much for this storage box! Now I have a place to put all my seeds! :D

Also, for the record, this is the crate that fxchrfxchr was referring to:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ants/id/982825/
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:33 PM
I have no idea what I would do without your mods. Thank you!
Inventor
#19 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:49 PM
Thank you for sharing this and the info on how to make other objects to be like this one. I tried your script on a counter and it worked, but the counter couldn't be used to place things like an appliance on. If I can figure that one out, it would be even better.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Scholar
#20 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:24 PM
Do sims open this up like the WA chests or is it just a box?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:18 PM
When I buy it... and place it... the game crashes... =(
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:43 PM
What's your game version? Also, are you using the new mods folder under Documents or Program Files?

pare321, it's just a box with no open animation so we can use the script to any deco objects.
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:26 PM
This is so great! Thanks.
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:01 PM
I'm having a slight problem with this download. When I open it with WinRAR to get the files it gives me an error. It says: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File\Content.IE5\460ESJ6W\MTS_treeag_1103847_Storage[1].zip The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
I researched a little and I updated WinRAR but nothing fixed my problem. Any help?
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:06 AM
I just had the game hang on saving indefinitely for the first time ever and wasn't sure what caused it, but just reloaded and saved (with no trouble), then placed this box and used the "Store... Gems" function. Saving right after this caused the same hanging save problem (circle icon keeps spinning but never stops). I'm using WA+HELS+Ambitions and the latest patch, with mods in the correct folder and this was my only script mod active since Ambitions hates scripts. I really love the ease of this mod but unfortunately won't be able to use it if I can't save =/.
Page 1 of 8