Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 2.8 (Updated Jan 31, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 19th Apr 2008 at 4:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:31 PM by Nysha

488 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 479 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 20
Site Helper
Original Poster
#201 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 11th Aug 2008 at 2:44 PM. Reason: fix grammar
Default Even slope across entire terrain
Quote: Originally posted by miros1
Silly question, if you've added to one or both sides of the lot and retained the neighborhood terrain, would it be possible to make the whole expanded lot slope evenly?
The LotAdjuster doesn't have the logic to do this. It shouldn't be too hard to implement. If enough people are interested in this option, I would consider doing it.
Test Subject
#202 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 5:10 PM
hello,

i built a great beach house but the lot was not deep enough to reach the water, i found this great tool and used it. but i still cant use the beach behind the house. the LA worked perfect i made the lot bigger, it reaches the water but no go, what did i do wrong, does the lot need to be longer maybe 6 in depth to work properly, or is it because it wasn't a beach lot to start with... what do you all know. it would be great to get my sims to frolic in the water and sunbathe while on vacation,,,,,
Mad Poster
#203 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
bubbajakecass,

until the architecture of the lot can be moved to a beach lot or a beach essences can be made available to a common lot, there's no way to make it so yet when the lot itself is not a beach lot.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#204 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 5:34 AM
niol is correct: the LotAdjuster will not change a non-beach lot into a proper BonVoyage beach lot. Have you tried using the buyable beach portals to make the beach usable?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251392

Note: I don't actually know whether this will work or not, so be sure to backup your save game before fooling around with this.
Test Subject
#205 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 3:57 AM
that is what i thought niol, but as the designer it is a great place, it just has to be across the street from the beach. actually, just like it is in real life....

hey moo , i love your stuff and your knowlwdge is just what i need, keep up the good work.

Thanks
Mad Poster
#206 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 7:10 PM
I guess Inge should have some more useful infos for the differences between bv beach lots and common lots in terms of lot objects.

may ask her to see what can be done so far.
Test Subject
#207 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:14 AM
I can't open one of my neighborhoods in Lot Adjuster, the error is attached. The other neighborhoods works fine and also i can open this neighborhood in Lot Expander.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  error.txt (4.4 KB, 9 downloads)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#208 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 30th Aug 2008 at 5:45 PM.
Thanks for the error report. I'll look and see whether I can determine what the problem is. It would be helpful if you could zip up your neighborhood package and attach it here; just that one file, there should be no need to attach any other files or subdirectories.

[Update:]
Looks like the LotAdjuster is having a problem with your neighborhood package. It believes that one of your lots is positioned outside of the neighborhood. The most likely explaination for this is that this package has an unknown version of the Lot Description record.

Can you tell me which EPs and SPs you have installed? If you've got Apartment Life, then the LotAdjuster hasn't been changed to work with this new EP, which would explain the problem.

I don't have AL yet, but if you attach your neighborhood package I can start working on the problem right away.
Test Subject
#209 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:13 AM
Yes, I have Apartments Life, as well as all other EPs and SPs. I attached the neighborhood package.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  N002_Neighborhood.rar (1.13 MB, 8 downloads)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#210 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:01 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 2nd Sep 2008 at 6:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Imp3774
Yes, I have Apartments Life, as well as all other EPs and SPs. I attached the neighborhood package.
OK, I have the neighborhood package working correctly, as far as I can see... just a couple of new version numbers with associated data.

Would you like to test this yourself? (Be sure to backup first!)

If not, then I'm hoping that the company store will have AL on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday)... I should be able to test my changes once I have the EP.
Test Subject
#211 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:34 PM
is it safe for apartment life?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#212 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 1:36 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 2nd Sep 2008 at 6:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by caIvin13
is it safe for apartment life?
Not yet. There are a number of new versions of various records within the neighborhood and lot packages which need to be handled. I'm working on it.
Test Subject
#213 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 6:19 PM
Well, I think I can test it. I've already made a backup before installing the AL.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#214 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 10:50 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 5th Sep 2008 at 12:30 AM.
Default New version available
The LotAdjuster has been updated to work with Apartment Life. I have tested it, but it hasn't gone through the rigorous testing that version 1.0 did. Please let me know if you have any problems with this new version.

Note that occupied apartment buildings cannot be modified yet. I am working on providing this ability. In the interim, the LotAdjuster will display a message if you are attempting to modify an apartment building.

If the building is lived in, say "no" (do not continue).
If the building has no one living in it, say "yes" (continue).

Please be sure to backup your neighborhood before modifying any lots.
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:49 PM
Well the problem that prevented me from using lot expander when it came out is still here. I expanded the lot, made some structure changes (added a fence), saved then attempted to move the lot. Except the lot won't fit anywheres, it won't let me set the lot back down, even on areas that it would fit. What am I doing wrong?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#216 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 12:19 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Sep 2008 at 12:59 AM.
Default Can't snap lot to road in neighborhood view
Is your lot edge very hilly? Is your neighborhood very hilly? If so, would you consider using the "Lot Edges: Flatten" option? This will flatten the edges of your lot to the same level as the road, which should make it easier to place.

Sometimes, the problem is a very slight difference in neighborhood elevation when there is no space between adjacent lots. The game requires one or more squares to resolve elevation changes. If this is your problem, then I've found it helpful to move lots out of the way temporarily, then move them back after you've snapped your expanded lot to the road.

Another thing which can cause problems is neighborhood decorations. Things like flowers and trees can be in the way of your lot, even though they don't appear to be. Try moving all decorations out of the way temporarily, to see whether it helps.

While working on the neighborhood terrain improvements, I developed a theory that blank terrain at the location of the road can cause problems when placing a lot... I have an idea for a solution to this problem and will try to implement and test it soon.

If you'd like, I could try expanding your lot for you and see whether I can figure out what's wrong. You'll need to attach a copy of your neighborhood package and the lot package that you want expanded. Let me know where you want the lot expanded (ie, 2 right and 3 back) and any advanced options that you want. Be sure to tell me which EPs and SPs you have installed, so that I can be sure to return a compatible lot.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#217 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 1:19 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Sep 2008 at 1:32 AM.
Default Another new version available
I figured out how to tell whether apartments are occupied or not. So, I've removed all occupied apartments from the list of lots. If you select an occupied apartment using the "Browse" button, you will get an error message.

Version 2.1 should be safer than 2.0, since there is no possibility of accidently modifying an occupied apartment. I would recommend that anyone who downloaded 2.0 get the newest version instead.
Alchemist
#218 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 7:23 AM
Thanks Mootilda!
Mad Poster
#219 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 7:23 PM
Site Helper
Original Poster
#220 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 10:15 PM
Ooo... a thanks-fest! What fun!
Test Subject
#221 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 10:50 PM
Excellent program, the number of different creative lots you can make using it is amazing. Thanks!
Test Subject
#222 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 7:51 AM
is there an uninstall?
trying to find the problem for the error msgs i am getting
"person date field is out of range"
Site Helper
Original Poster
#223 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 3:42 PM
There is no install, so there is no need for an uninstall; this program doesn't change anything in your system configuration. If you want, you can delete the directory where you unzipped the program.

Which version of the LA are you running? Only 2.1 (LotAdjuster21.zip) is compatible with the new Apartment Life EP.

Sounds like you are having problems with your neighborhood package. I assume that you get the error before you see the "Choose a Lot" screen? If so, please attach your neighborhood package here and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

If you get the error later in the process, then there is also some person data in the lot package itself. Attach the lot package here instead and I'll try to track down your problem.

If you're not sure, you can attach both the neighborhood and lot packages... I shouldn't need anything else.
Field Researcher
#224 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 4:31 PM
I am about to explore the new "value" of lots - is it possible to use something similar to the Lot Adjuster to adjust these values?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#225 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 2:16 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Sep 2008 at 7:09 PM. Reason: Moved discussion to the research thread
Default Value of lots
Since this isn't really related to the LotAdjuster, I've moved this discussion to the lot and neighborhood research thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...534#post2024534
[End update]

Quote: Originally posted by ingeli
I am about to explore the new "value" of lots - is it possible to use something similar to the Lot Adjuster to adjust these values?
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you explain what you mean by the "'value' of lots"?

If the data that you want to change is in a package file, and if we understand the format of that data well enough, then it should be possible to write a program to change it.

I seem to remember seeing something about properties surrounding your lot affecting something about your lot (the "value"?). Can't seem to find the reference right now (can anyone help me out?), but...

If this is what you are talking about, then I assume that the "value" of a lot is completely determined by the purchase price of the lot or, in the case of apartments, the rental prices of the apartments on the lot.

Is this what you mean by "value" of a lot?

[Another update:]
Finally found a reference in a survey that EA sent out:
"Different living experiences based on the surrounding communities impacted by rent and noise"

Survey links:
http://www.infinitesims.com/feature...4-survey-7.html
http://www.snootysims.com/infoindex.php?id=survey5

So, is this what you were referring to? I haven't seen any indication that this feature was actually implemented.
Page 9 of 20