Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#227 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 2:22 PM
I tried to do another one. I imported a Mesh with 3 subsets, one I called base, one is glass and the other is the original filename, tabledining. The glass and the tabledining are showing up correctly but, the texture for the base isn't showing up. I've gone through it many times and I can't figure out what I missed. Any help would be much appreciated.

here is what I'm talking about and the file is attached just in case someone would be able to take a look for me.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SGF_MLDining_Table.zip (128.5 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#228 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:12 PM
Look in the xxx_base_chrome_TXMT. Your listing texture names xxx-base-chrome (or xxx_base_chrome) when the texture name is just chrome. Changing all the references to just the chrome should work.
Field Researcher
#229 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:30 PM
Yup, that fixed it. Thank you! I can see I have to be extra careful with this am going to have to do many more before I get the hang of it.

Should I delete the file now?
Test Subject
#230 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:44 PM Last edited by amovitam : 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:52 PM.
Hello!
Can anyone help me please? I used this tutorial, but my subset is flashing blue. What am I doing wrong?

I fixed it! Yeah! Of course, I messed up with names))

Thank you very much for the tutorial!
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 9:08 PM
Sorry to revive this thread, but I need help.

I have seven different mesh groups, each with its corresponding texture.
Is it possible to create an object with all of these groups?

Here attached a picture to understand about what I'm talking:
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#232 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 3:14 PM
You can have as many subsets (groups) as you like, so you can absolutely make an object with seven subsets. Just remember that only two of the subsets can be recolourable.
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 6:32 PM
Thank you very much for the answer Nix!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#234 Old 29th May 2015 at 1:17 PM
Thank you so much for this easy-to-follow tute...I've managed to create my first re-colourable subset for the first time!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Instructor
#235 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:28 PM
Great tuto !
It is still very usefull.
But can you animate the subset separatly after you have added it ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
#236 Old 8th Apr 2023 at 2:59 PM
This thread may be 7 years old, but I just wanted to say thankyou, this was easy to follow and I have created my first object with a new subset.
Page 10 of 10