Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:20 PM
Default New Trait ideas/suggestiona
This is just for a bit of fun. But I think it would be good to have a few more traits etc.

One I would love, as there are people I know who are like this:

Caffine junky - If there is a possible source of caffine nearby your sim will bee line for it. Always carries their energy pills to pop. - If energy gets to halfway has a 5% of crashing without caffination! they also shake a lot....

Insomnia - Your sim has trouble sleeping. But has learned to cope with less sleep. Spends 20% less time to recover energy but can only sleep for a maximum of X hours (not decided)

Busybody - Your sims is far busier getting the gossip and pointing out faults in others than they are in developing relationships. (not fully developed)

Any other ideas?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:26 PM
The insomnia sounds a lot more like a lifetime gift - is it just me or do the sims lack energy?

Clown - Your sim is the life of the party, never tells a bad joke and laughs at other sims misfortunes, your sim doesnt take life seriously and laughs at inappropriate times

Quote: "The sun feels cold today"
Stupid people are stupid
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naja
The insomnia sounds a lot more like a lifetime gift - is it just me or do the sims lack energy?

Totally agreed. Must be one of the first hacks to be made. Sims Sleep Less or something.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:37 PM
Whenever an expansion that has pets (that's considering they do release one and I figure they will) they should have something like a crazy cat lazy or just animal obsessed would work. o.o

But for the time being with the current base game my suggestions are the following:
Gothic (This would work well for my teen sims lol)
Farmer
Hillbilly

I like the insomniac idea, it would fit many of us well! lol.

I can't think of anymore. I'm tired.

Btw, I don't expect all my ideas to be something implemented into the retail game just something someone could eventually create for us who want as much diversity as possible and realism if this is even possible.
(I know nothing about programming so I have no idea what is possible and what isn't.)

Also, please don't get upset if any of these are already in game. I don't remember EVERY one that is in game. Feel free to tell me about them though of course!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:37 PM
It is just for fun really. But I really hope we get more traits added with the various expansions.

Part of me wonders what the first expansion will include!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:09 PM
Me to, but I know somehow along the lines there would be nightlife inspired expansion LOL

My Main concern is ironing out the annoyances I want that to be sorted more than an expansion coming out

Quote: "The sun feels cold today"
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:14 PM
I'm really interested to see the new traits that will likely come with expansion packs. So far I'm really happy with the ones in the game.

I can't even think of a trait I'd like to have that's not there! Caffeine junky is a cute one, but imagine how much they'd have to go pee! LOL
Alchemist
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:15 PM
First, just wanted to point out this thread, since it's basically the same.

Also, I think some additional moodlets would be really cool. I bought some new clothes the other day and was walking around town in them feeling cool, and then I realised if you give a Sim new clothes, they should get a "New Clothes!" mood boost.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Also, I think some additional moodlets would be really cool. I bought some new clothes the other day and was walking around town in them feeling cool, and then I realised if you give a Sim new clothes, they should get a "New Clothes!" mood boost.

Agreed! They get a "New Stuff" moodlet after all.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:06 PM
-Shopaholic
- Braindead (to counter genius)
- nosey (good for law enforcement sims or self declaired busybodies)
- natural leader (sims flock to you, follow requests)

just off the top of my head. Also daredevil needs a 'Streaking' function.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:41 PM
-Annoying
they should make one that talks alot and gets on people's nerves. they should also make a Hippy trait - that would be good for my hippy character. the hippy trait would probably make them do yoga alot randomly or something and they would hate loud music.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
the hippy trait would probably make them do yoga alot randomly or something and they would hate loud music.
I thought hippies were all about rock 'n roll.