Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#26 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 1:41 PM
Mark, I like to see your updates and I'm also glad that you're having so much fun.

I might as well do this challenge for myself. I have never done any challenges before. But this seems to be fun.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 2:00 PM Last edited by marka93 : 30th Jun 2016 at 5:53 PM.
Well with the 4th promotion and Larry turning into a teen this is how it looks, Elizabeth will age up to elder in 6 day and if it all works out she may get 2 more promotions for she is at lvl 6 now but I did not check her days off yet.
I always allow them once they turn into elders to complete the job there in and then make them retire.

Elizabeth only was able to get 1 more promotion losing out to days off, here is a pic of Diane who flirted with Larry and now is his girlfriend and Larry has moved to collage now.

I also should put in that Vernon only has 1 or 2 days left so he will enjoy the last days doing what ever he wants to do.

ADD: There both back from collage and Lisa the 3rd gen is born.

ADD: After 14 days and getting two chance cards promotions, 1 each they have finish the first floor.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 3:48 AM
Two more entries in my little story:

Adrina becomes a child: She's super adorable!

Mote around the graveyard: The ghosts were driving me up a wall, so I built a mote around the graveyard. Ghosts can't cross water so now they leave my sleep deprived sims alone!

I think I'm done with the challenge that this point, it's getting a little boring. But I'll keep this one in mind next time I fee like starting a new family, it certainly was good fun!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#29 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 6:15 PM Last edited by marka93 : 11th Jul 2016 at 3:17 PM.
This is how Lisa looks as a child and what she got when she aged up.

Lisa first skill completed

Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 3:42 PM
This is my first challenge and I found it really fun! Before I played this challenge I always used to bulid big rooms and I never knew what size they should have been. Now I liked building and furnituring. At first I created the female which LW was to get to the top of Education career. She also found her soulmate and had 3 children. I was really happy when I built the second room. It was very hard to play when the sim who couldn't bathe without sending sleeping sim outside or when the babysitter needed to use the toilet and everybody had to stop what they were doing and go out. When first sim was elder, everybody died because of the disease. Then I created another female and she had only one daughter. Also her fiance didn't move in. She reached the top of the Journalism career and when her daughter grew up and she turned to elder she retired. Before she died she was looking after her grandchildren. Her daughter was on the top of the Athletic career and it was such a thrill to build another room! She fell in love with a lot of men and had two daughters and two (or maybe three) sons. One of the sons died due to an illness and this whole family would end up the same but the oldest daughter has learnt the recipe for the Grandma's soup. Now she reached the top of the two other careers and her oldest daughter reaches the second one. Now the house looks pretty well. They have the big living room with the kitchen, the two bedrooms and the bathroom.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 9:14 PM
God I loved that household but its gone now for I had a virus that locked up all 6 of my hard drives and I had to reformat my computer and start new.

I lost every thing and I do mean every thing I was playing and working on not only for the Sims 2 but all other games I had installed.

I will restart this again after I get my new GTX 980Ti video card installed and updated.

Mad Poster
#32 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 8:59 PM
Ok got my game reinstalled last night and started doing this challenge today.

Meet my sim James Flynn. (1st pic)

Who ever flirts with my sim first is the one he will marry and this downtownie is the one. (2nd pic.)

So I sent them of a date and here is the pic with the flower and later that night she gave him a tv which I sold to fix up the house. (3rd and 4th pic)

Had to change his hair color and give him a hat so they would have bolts and now they get 2 for the change. (5th pic.)

Last pic is of after selling the date reward he got some upgrades for the house, next paycheck or another date reward he will get a new table.

After he marries her I will have her change her turn on/off and change his his color back to blond.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 10:11 PM
Oh no, Mark, I'm sorry to read that

I love that downtownie, I'm sure James and her will be very happy. To them!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 1:24 AM Last edited by marka93 : 2nd Sep 2016 at 5:18 PM.
Well I forgot her name but here are some more pics.

Pic 1, another free TV.
Pic 2, first lvl 10 done.
Pic 3, shot of the 2 rooms and pregnant with Brandy.
Pic 4, this was a test to see if Fraps would take the pic.
Pic 5, Brandy is here.

Minor update, James grows up to elderhood and and Brandy grows up to toddlerhood.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 7:02 PM
I started playing this a few days ago and so far it's been quite a challenge! Usually I do rotational playing but I've been drawn into this house. Originally I was going to take screenshots and document what's going on, but casual posting about it seems like something more doable *grumbles*cursed retail job...] So that being said, I'm going to talk about what's happened so far while my game is loading. By the way @marka93 : I love your updates! I hope you keep doing them!

This is Hermine Chimpanzee, a Popularity alien that's decided to come to Exhaustion Valley and study the local human population. Her LTW is to be the top of the journalism career, and she's already on the way to getting there. She was fired from her first attempt, but now she's on the fourth? level of the career. Right after she moved in, she dug for treasure and found a treasure chest! It's decorating her only room right now and it'll stay there as a reminder to keep going no matter how rough living in a one room shack is.

A shot of her house from the beginning.

So my game's loaded and I'm in the house. so here's a current shot:

Try to ignore her fiance Ebubekir stepping on a dirty plate. The chest hasn't been moved but thanks to a brief and scary kitchen fire. there's now a smoke alarm.

A closeup of Ebubekir. He's trying to blend in with normal simkind, so he has a more perfect disguise. He's a popularity sim and wants to be The Law.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 2:11 AM
I'm going to have to try this out, but it will be incorporated into my BACC, so they will be limited on the careers they can top until the other families can open spots up for them. Marka, sorry to hear about your computer issue, but I am glad to see you are starting over.

I have been enjoying reading everyone's updates.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 11:11 AM
This challenge works really well for sims3 and is giving some new variety and texture to the whole notion of a legacy challenge.

Thanks, I hate it.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 2:27 PM
Sorry for the double post. I'm just letting you know that this works amazingly well for sims3. I'm on my sixth generation with a budding mansion built of earned 5x4 rooms. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a challenge as much as this one. I don't know what posessed me to look at sims2 challenges, but I am so glad I did. Thanks OP. This continues to be tons of fun.

Thanks, I hate it.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 6:08 PM
@floopyboo please if you are the last one to post in a thread just edit your post instead of making a new one.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 10:55 AM
Is adopting a child allowed?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 10:56 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 1st Apr 2017 at 11:04 AM. Reason: ETA
Created a sim? Checked! Build a Room? Checked!

ETA: I have a question thought. What If I do have an EP? (All except for Bon Voyage). Is there a way to change a LTW apart from completing the first one?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 2:26 PM
I gave this one a try. I only stopped, for now, because the game glitched when I was moving out her kids.

Amelia Fuentes

This is how it looked at that point. And it may seem weird,
but having that curtain placed in front of the toilet called my OCD about everything being in just one room. XD

After the babies came and Monty moved in

After she and Monty got promotions.

That's how it looked just before I closed the game. I couldn't save it though.

She had 3 boys, I really wanted a daughter heir that way I wouldn't have to move in anyone until Amelia or Monty Riot (from college), died. Two of her sons, Alexander and Ethan, went to college and met their wives there. Alexander's wife had quads and Ethan's had triplets. But among Alexander's quads there was a girl, Alicia. I decided to move everyone out except Monty, her husband, and Alicia, but Marcos glitched the game by not moving out. XD

Check out my ToT neighborhood Hoohoo. Last updated: February 2, 2020
Family Trees
Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 11:55 PM Last edited by twilight.garden.0 : 2nd Mar 2019 at 5:40 AM.
I'm going to try this, but I was also wondering if anyone knows if perihelion's challenge still posted anywhere? It's the one I was looking for originally, but this is similar and I'll give it a go!

Editing with some pictures, hopefully! They might be tiny, I will try to get better ones, but I'm happy with my work! With just a few mods/cheats this place is fully functional! Even the cribs. Each parent can even both go pick up a baby at the same time.

Theorist
#44 Old 13th May 2019 at 8:02 PM
My memory is turning into plum rubbish. The other day I was remembering how in Sims 3 I had a particular Sim in a particular town and how I had her doing some kind of challenge that involved building onto her house one room at a time. I'm so glad I looked in this thread because now I remember--it was a challenge almost this one, but not quite because in that case it was based on money, as in earn so much money and get a room. Now I'm going to have to add this to my neighborhood, although I'm not sure I'll stick to doing the careers, may just go back to doing it with every so much money earned. Either way I agree with Pescado's ancient post in that this isn't a difficult challenge but not everyone needs everything to be ridiculously hard to enjoy it.

I think I have just the Sim, a recent college grad. And she thinks her current house is small!
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd May 2020 at 11:14 AM
Looks fun! So questions:

1: Are 4x5 expansions earned if the LTW for a career appears multiple times? (So, if the family has had 2 Generals, did we get 2 4x5 spaces or only one)
2: If we have nightlife are we allowed to "put things in storage" (i.e the inventory) if we don't have room? If so are there any restrictions on this?
Forum Resident
#46 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by estarile
Looks fun! So questions:

1: Are 4x5 expansions earned if the LTW for a career appears multiple times? (So, if the family has had 2 Generals, did we get 2 4x5 spaces or only one)
2: If we have nightlife are we allowed to "put things in storage" (i.e the inventory) if we don't have room? If so are there any restrictions on this?

Based on what lauratje said in post #19 of this thread, you should be able to get two rooms if you hit the top of the military career twice. That's how I interpret it. And based on what she said in the first post laying out the rules, I think storing stuff in inventory is against the spirit of this challenge, if not the letter. But I've seen her post recently so she's still around. Maybe try @'ing her to draw her attention back here.
Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 12:52 PM
love this! thanks for posting!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Borja20 : 11th Nov 2021 at 9:25 PM. Reason: idk, I just feel like rewording stuff after all this time
Wow, this challenge is old. I hope it's ok to still post here.
This is my first challenge! This one grabbed my attention because it looks really fun, and the rules are quite simple, no pages of rules to remember is a good point for me.

I thought 2100 simoleons wouldn't be that bad. How wrong. After just building the walls for the room, I'm left with just 840. I don't know how but I survived with just the cheapest bed, the mini fridge and a sink. I had to let my sim pee himself and then spam wash hands for hygiene, until the sink broke, literally.
Eventually I got money for a toilet, then a better bed and then a shower. After that, it wasn't that hard.

I have to say that I was pretty lucky at the beginning, I was promoted to level 2 and then 3 with chance cards. But then a thief came and took objects worth around 400 simoleons... A mirror, a library and an armchair.

I moved a townie in, then married her and had a kid. (The wedding party was a chaos, everyone wanted to be inside the room, so when someone wanted to use the toilet...)
I planned to have a second room before the baby was born, but I miscalculated, and here's when the real challenge started! 2 adults and a baby inside such a small room, don't try this at home. The kid is now a toddler and the dad is still stuck at level 9 of his career. This is how my house looks now.

Coming up with a good layout to have all objects I wanted was really a challenge. I would never imagine so many objects can fit in a 4×5 room while being usable.

I have to say that I limited a lot of things that are technically not forbidden, they would break the fun of the challenge. Like using the inventory to switch items in and out, crafting snapdragons, becoming a witch (that throne is broken), digging outside to find items to sell, etc.

Despite the initial suffering, it's being really fun. Someday I'll have a big, hard earned house where my sims can live comfortably!

UPDATE 1:
The second room really makes life so easy compared to before. First generation already died of old age, they could only top 1 career each, the dad was a Dancer and the mum in Law Enforcement.

About their son, he's already adult. He didn't go to university but I had him study hard in his adolescence so he can top more than 1 career during adulthood. He already did in Culinary and is now working hard as a Musician. He married a townie that was at max level in Business. I didn't count that for an extra room but I happily took her career reward.
And they had twins! A boy and a girl. I wasn't ready for that, now my house, with 4 rooms, is a bit of a chaos again.

UPDATE 2:
The house didn't change much today, just one more room thanks to the father. Now it's a bit less cramped and everyone has their own bed.
But I made a community lot with a 4×5 room.

I adopted a dog for the kids. The dad is already elder, and now that the twins grew up to teens and can take care of themselves, mum started working for the next room!
I'm liking this family a lot.

I wonder when I'll finish this challenge. Maybe when I'm happy with how the house looks?

UPDATE 3:
Nothing strange here, just a werewolf with his alien baby, next to a scary-looking picture and a ghost wandering around.

2nd generation: gone. The third one (the twins) are having a really busy life. They are both werewolves. The sister topped 3 careers already, must be my record! The brother married a male townie and then, instead of adopting, had an alien baby. This must be my weirdest family ever.
With so many rooms, my house is finally getting a decent shape. But I have to rearrange it, I even have some empty rooms, so I'll take pics in the next update.

UPDATE 4:
Probably the last one. I already unlocked more rooms than I know what to do with. I finished rebuilding everything and it looks pretty decent.

I didn't send anyone to the uni at first, since that would make it too fast to top careers, but I did send the alien, I don't need rooms now anyway, just for fun.
Guess what. Yes, he lived in a 4×5 house in uni. I kind of missed the cramped room I started with.
The wolf siblings are now close to dying of old age and the alien is married.
Results: 4 generations, 9 sims, 13 rooms (I used one of them for uni) and 600,000 simoleons I'll never use. Not bad, right?
Page 2 of 2