Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:27 AM
Default sims 3 caw necessary base game community lots
Hello i am finishing up my world andd scince i am not able to use EIG I would like to know what rabbit hole lots are REALLY necessary for base game play?
Thanks
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:14 AM
Judging by World Adventure worlds I'd say a Mausoleum is highly necessary. Otherwise Sims who die when you don't play their households will be deleted by the game and not have an urnstone transferred to the mausoleum instead. (It's a problem with the University world because of that, because there is no Mausoleum and dead Sims are permanently gone then.)

Regular gameplay would, I think, at least require a City Hall and School, If there's no school children cannot age up such that you can choose their traits and City Hall offers several services, like name change and registering for self-employment. But they are not really necessary and some things can be done without the rabbithole.
All other rabbitholes are only needed if you want the respective careers available or the specific services they provide (Science for resurrecting ghosts, for example, restaurants for the Omniplant opportunity, and the various skill classes in most rabbitholes).
If you place a Hideout for criminals, for example, you'd probably need a Police station, too, because playing a criminal has a chance of getting arrested and I don't know where prison will be when there's no Police station around.

The base game rabbitholes are: City Hall, School, Bistro, Grocer, Theater, Bookstore, Diner, Police Station, Spa, Criminal Hideout, Science, Military Base, Mausoleum, Business building, Hospital, Stadium.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 2:14 PM
Thanks very much Don_Babilon Have been trying to get a good answer for this for ages