Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 2:09 PM
Making a core world playable
Hello fellow simmers!,
I am in need of some advice with using a CAW map from MTS. I have had a mess about on the CAW software myself but am in no way advanced enough to create a playable map yet so, I downloaded Simmington by SimmyRN (great map link to MTS DL below). The thing I need to know is this...

It is a fully built map, building and rabbitbholes included but, it is not occupied. How would I turn it into a playable map? What is a reasonable amount of families to move in that I won't play to make it work? and... When moved in will they just take up positions in the world off their own back? meaning, if I send my sim to a job, would one of my prior moved-in sims be my current sims boss?
Also, I know NPC's will spawn on their own but, is there anything else I would need to do to this map in order to make it playable, that I haven't mentioned?

Sorry If I seem a total n00b at this but, this is my first CAW DL map, been a simmer since sims 1 but only ever messed about with CC and mods, never maps

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, as I want to start making CAW maps that are pre-occupied and sort of, ready-to-play maps to upload for you all, as a thank you for all the free CC and mods I've gotten here over the years

Thank you in advance for any help

Happy simming!

http://www.modthesims.info/d/532525
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 2:36 PM
How many families to move in to make it functional would depend on the size of the map. If you have a small map you probably want to have 2-3 pre-made families, around 5 for a medium map, and 6-8 for a larger map. Story progression will automatically place the Sims in jobs, age children, and create random babies for sim couples (and sometimes even not for Sim couples since without awesomemod, Shimrods XML Story Progression, or NRAAS the game will often cause single men or women with no boyfriends/girlfriends to spawn children ). Also if you don't have enough families again Story Progression will function to simply move NPC/Townie families into empty houses.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 5:51 PM
Thanks <3
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
How many families to move in to make it functional would depend on the size of the map. If you have a small map you probably want to have 2-3 pre-made families, around 5 for a medium map, and 6-8 for a larger map. Story progression will automatically place the Sims in jobs, age children, and create random babies for sim couples (and sometimes even not for Sim couples since without awesomemod, Shimrods XML Story Progression, or NRAAS the game will often cause single men or women with no boyfriends/girlfriends to spawn children ). Also if you don't have enough families again Story Progression will function to simply move NPC/Townie families into empty houses.

Thank you, this is a great help, as have started my first CAW a couple hours ago and really want to make it ready-to-play. <3 <3 <3