Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 11:30 PM
Thanks alot for this tutorial! You're instructions are straightforward and simple. You made it possible for someone who can barely build a two-story building to have cool features that I thought I could only download to get.
Advertisement
#27 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 9:15 PM
I realy like this tutorial, thanks.
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 5:03 PM
Thankyou I am going to try this out but I dont know if my game will allow it, I dont know why but my computer and game will not allow any cheats or hacks cannot even have creator cars without crashing allthe time Lol just went through a crash where for 4 days studied each file until I didnt find the problem big delete and now reinstalling at day 5.....lol fun game this isnt it?
#29 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 8:20 PM
Hi, I think this is a good tut so far but like Cazkiwi, I am having serious issues with my foundation. After reading all of the replies about the issues she was having, I went back and retried it 3 more times. I even had my husband watch me to make sure I was following the directions word for word. I have no idea what I am doing. When I get to steps 15 and 16 I know I am doing the second floor first and then the underground (level 0). I have tried other different ways just to see if I can work it out. I have had no luck. Here are two screen shots showing my perfect domed roof and then my domed foundation
Screenshots
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 1:42 AM
There's red x's in the directions now.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 10:10 PM
I really appreciate this tutorial, thanks!

Hate the player...not the game. :)
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 2:38 PM
uhm... I'm having the same problem.... everytime time I level the ground floor my foundation gets a dome as well..... I don't get it >_< pls help
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 4:32 AM
It seems I can't get my roof to dome... I followed the directions... what else is there?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Studs
uhm... I'm having the same problem.... everytime time I level the ground floor my foundation gets a dome as well..... I don't get it >_< pls help

Quote: Originally posted by purpleeyedsimgirl
It seems I can't get my roof to dome... I followed the directions... what else is there?

may read about Numenor's tutorial on the cheat mentioned in post 24, then you may understand what might have been done undesirably.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 12:50 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 2nd Jun 2006 at 3:51 PM.
Actually that tutorial is hidden now ?

edit: yes, niol that's weird and absurd...

You will find my older and newest creations here
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 2:21 PM Last edited by niol : 25th Jan 2007 at 5:26 AM.
corvidophile2,

you're right, damn Maxis kicking some useful resources away...

Added: Cazkiwi, yeah, this way seems to be easier and actually the foundation behaves a little different from the default walls.

Amber Studs and purpleeyedsimgirl,

May try this:

1. Build the foundation and the walls and the roof. (the basic gazebo's struture)
2. delete the foundation of the gazebo but not the ones around it. (will be rebuilt later after deformation)
3. input "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" (to activate the cheat for deformation)
4. Just do the Gazebo shape "upwards" on the ground, unlike the original way "downwards". (remember not to rise or lower the edge of the gazebo or the walls or the gzazebo roof edge will be deformed as welll.)
5. input "boolprop constrainfloorelevation true" (to deactivate the cheat for deformation)
6. Use the "levelling tool to flatten the ground. (may also flatten the foundation level by dragging across the control foundtions around the gazebo.)
7. Rebuild the foundation of your choice.
8. Follow the rest of the tutorial.
Space Pony
#37 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 12:52 PM
Hehe, I knew it wasn't just me - I'm a sucker for directions and following to the letter and I did it for like 5 hours!! Yeah, I really found the only way was to delete foundation :D

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 5:44 AM
hi!
I'ts cool!!!!!!!!^^
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 7:34 PM
Thanks Alot Bud
THANKS
HEY ALL I HAVE 2 SAY IS THANKS THANKS THANKS THIS TUTORIAL IS GREAT..THIS GIZIBO THING IS SO COOL.....THANKS ALOT
Screenshots
Instructor
#40 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 3:21 AM
Default Thank you
For doing this! :D

"S"
V^^^^V

Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
I made this into a PDF file. Also, I got the pics.

THE TUTORIAL WAS MADE BY MOON_EZ, NOT ME!

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Test Subject
#41 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 1:46 AM
pictures wont show up
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 10:38 PM Last edited by sonydude : 13th Jan 2007 at 11:13 PM.
A good gazebo tute but...

There is a better and easier way to build gazebos
Mad Poster
#43 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:38 AM
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 5:38 PM Last edited by melbatoast94 : 24th Jan 2007 at 6:00 PM.
I've been having the same foundation problem. The problem that's been explained makes sense but I tried it again, properly for sure this time, and got the same results. I'm about to try again, deleting the foundation first. Just posting in case any other solutions have been found.

EDIT: Its ten minutes later, I just tried deleting the foundation and I can't even get my roof to dome. Will try the entire original process one last time.

EDIT: Well it didn't work the second time around, but after fiddling with every possible order in which to delete the foundation and lay it back down, I finally made it work! I now have a gazebo, and despite the problems you have put together a great tutorial, thanks so much.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 5:22 AM
melbatoast94,
may read back posts 22-24, 36. Surely, reading Numenor's bp-cfe cheat tutorial can help gain the insight on how to use the cheat.
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th May 2007 at 4:45 PM
Thank you so much, this is a great, easy to follow tutorial, I have wanted something like this for my houses for a while now and being quite clueless when it comes to more advanced building techniques, this has helped a lot. Thank you Moon_Ez.
Page 2 of 2