Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2013 at 7:47 AM
Default An improved inventory system.
Inventory of sims tends to get rather messy, and I kind of would like to see it being similar as many RPG's.

First of all: Equipment screen added. footwear, socks, underwear, lowerbody wear, undershirt, overshirt, jacket, neck, wrists, hands, head and belt could be the available slots.

Through this system, work clothing could function so much better. Working in a lab could simply change the jacket to a lab coat and leave all other stuff like you equipped it. Same for supermarkets and such that would just require a shirt or such to be worn from the company.

Underwear could not be removed, just replaced. Mods could change it but to keep the rating as it is and americans being prude like that, it could be handled that way.

Under the equipment screen, would be the inventory screen. I'd like to see this divided into sub categories, placing related items together.

Sub categories could be: Equippable items, ingredients, consumables, useable items and miscelanious.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th May 2013 at 2:52 PM
Scholar
#3 Old 18th May 2013 at 12:32 AM
I hope they implement search function for Build/Buy mode and inventory too. It would actually be one of the best things ever because since Sims 1 I take ages to find stuff.
Inventor
#4 Old 18th May 2013 at 1:11 AM
Yes, I have wanted to search things forever. I started up Sims 2 again since Sims 3 is difficult to play on this computer without a $$$ upgrade and I'm going, "Where in the heck is the spice rack? Where are those dried spices? Those weren't CC were they? Were they store stuff? Where is the business cooking stove?"

I'm waiting for when we get a placement system similar to Fallout and Skyrim. Place those apples and oranges in the fruit bowl yourself or have bowls filled with dolls or puppy chew toys or bananas or whatever you want. And, oh man, the sims can interact with almost everything. And there's ownership on each item if you want. And you can make a pile of stuff and shift it around. One book can grant you a stack of books if you pile them and can recolor them. No need for a mesh that's crooked books or 15 books rather than 20 books or books that are large or books that are small or whatever have you.

I also agree that mattresses and bedcovers should be something that is added to a bedframe and, when added, they determine the comfort and such... not the bedframe itself.

Hide-a-bed couches.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Scholar
#5 Old 24th May 2013 at 7:29 AM
I'd really like the inventory to have sort modes so you could choose the order in which items are shown (oldest, newest, value, etc.). I'd also like to have separate tabs for gems, fish, produce, insects etc.
Scholar
#6 Old 24th May 2013 at 7:54 AM
Nope, no weapons
Instructor
#7 Old 24th May 2013 at 9:25 AM
Heck, might as well have the option to hide the helm/cloak and request the inventory to resemble backpacks with compartments. Add tailoring too and we can craft more bags to store the laundry list you just mentioned.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery