Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 8:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default TS3 Store items vanished, but say they're still installed
I've notised the content from store venues has disappeared from my game. The venue is there, but all the objects that came with is are gone. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, playing around with the cache files and even tried revering to an older backup, but no good. Even if you don't have an answer, has this happened to anyone else? Even Google hasn't found anyone else with this specific problem.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 11:33 AM
I have the same issue happen to me and I can’t find the solution either! When I loaded up my save files last week, “Some objects could not be loaded and have been replaced" message came up even though I didn’t even tamper with my Mods folder for over eight months as it was working well before. Most of my store content seems to be missing now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2022 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by souldior
I have the same issue happen to me and I can’t find the solution either! When I loaded up my save files last week, “Some objects could not be loaded and have been replaced" message came up even though I didn’t even tamper with my Mods folder for over eight months as it was working well before. Most of my store content seems to be missing now.

Were you ever able to get it working? It's been iver a year and I've tried everything, including factory-reseting my laptop. Even that didn't make the items in the pet shop appear. The lot is there, but none of the objects with it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pixie_child
I've notised the content from store venues has disappeared from my game. The venue is there, but all the objects that came with is are gone. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, playing around with the cache files and even tried revering to an older backup, but no good. Even if you don't have an answer, has this happened to anyone else? Even Google hasn't found anyone else with this specific problem.

Did you update to the new EA app? Because this is an issue with it as it's not properly hooked up to the Sims 3 Store so the launcher is no longer able to properly read those files. Even if they where previous installed in the game
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittygirl255
Did you update to the new EA app? Because this is an issue with it as it's not properly hooked up to the Sims 3 Store so the launcher is no longer able to properly read those files. Even if they where previous installed in the game

Thank you KittyGirl. Are you aware of any solutions or work arounds?

I did recently update to the EA app, but did not give it a thought when I started seeing some issues with store content. I was trying to decide if the missing items were important enough to redo all my CC -- which I had assumed was the core of the problem. Thank you for at least saving me from that!

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 2:49 AM
Off topic but I am so glad to see you, @bluetexasbonnie! Just about my favorite Sims 2 creator. I keep hoping someone will convert those round ("tower?) windows to Sims 3. Recoloring those was one of my favorite activities!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 3:44 AM Last edited by bluetexasbonnie : 13th Dec 2022 at 5:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Off topic but I am so glad to see you, @bluetexasbonnie! Just about my favorite Sims 2 creator. I keep hoping someone will convert those round ("tower?) windows to Sims 3. Recoloring those was one of my favorite activities!

Thank you so much! Since I have started seriously playing Sims3 again, I have been wishing for the round windows -- both the tower and sphere ones. I don't know if I will find the time, but I have begun to read some Sims3 object creations.

P.S. I would welcome anyone who knows what they are doing, to remake those windows for the other sims games. hint, hint.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Dec 2022 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Thank you KittyGirl. Are you aware of any solutions or work arounds?

I did recently update to the EA app, but did not give it a thought when I started seeing some issues with store content. I was trying to decide if the missing items were important enough to redo all my CC -- which I had assumed was the core of the problem. Thank you for at least saving me from that!

Unfortunately the only fix I found was not exactly 'legal'. If the store and premium content was a .package and in your mods folder it worked fine, but doing it yourself could break it so it's best to find someone that has already done the work. I have found a site that works. Not sure if I can link it here but I can give it to you if you dm me.