Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 5:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
Default How do I uninstall just one Expansion Pack? (Mac)
I recently installed Late Night EP via Origin and I get the "Unknown Error Occured" when trying to load my Sims 3 game.

I didn't have this issue before installing it, so naturally I would just go and uninstall, but I'm not sure how to, and I can't find Late Night EP in my Sims 3 application file.

Computer specs:
MacBook Air 2015
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB Graphics

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 5:53 PM
This is the older 32-bit Mac version and not the new Oct 2020 64-bit one? As I recall, the "unknown error" thing was very common with some of the expansion/stuff packs and there are some tricks to silencing it and getting the packs to work (or uninstall if that is still required). Not complicated, but nothing anyone could guess how to do on their own either.

The best place to get help with that would be the AHQ board for TS3 for Mac . Again, the procedure either way isn't complicated but it isn't something one would naturally do. And be sure to mention that you have the 32-bit version if that is what you have so as not to confuse things; most players there are currently posting about issues with the newer one, but the helpers still know how to assist if they know which version is being worked with.

But let's also remember our prior discussions, if we could please. A 2015 MacBook Air is not well-suited for TS3 and too many expansions would be known to be too much for it. Late Night is probably okay, that one could be considered borderline once you do get it running again.