Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#9152 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 9:17 PM
It's been a long time since I sent someone to Boarding School and I'm wondering if it's still borked or is there a fix? Does Cinrict's suggestion still work?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#9153 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 10:33 PM
I'm curious, because I may upgrade my monitor in the future but not specifically for TS3. However....

Does anyone have a 4k HDR 400/500/600/1000/1400 10 or 12 bpc (bits per component/color depth) monitor and knows if that helps with color banding and dithering with TS3 or are the results the same?

I'm going to guess it may be the same according to the typical usage scenarios says "Applications need to be written with more than 8 bpc output, setting a higher value here will not improve the image of the application that does not support more than 8 bpc." I doubt TS3 supports more than 8 bpc, though I could be wrong.

Also according to the typical usage scenarios says "Using higher output color depth can help you display colors with high quality, especially for smooth color transitions and gradients."

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Scholar
#9154 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 10:52 AM
Hi, knowledgeable TS3 Simmers! Being an incredibly stupid TS3 Simmer, I must ask some very basic questions of you. Like: is it possible to force specific dress codes for community lot visitors? Any mods or NRaas settings I'm unaware as of yet?

Thank you!

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#9155 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Hi, knowledgeable TS3 Simmers! Being an incredibly stupid TS3 Simmer, I must ask some very basic questions of you. Like: is it possible to force specific dress codes for community lot visitors? Any mods or NRaas settings I'm unaware as of yet?

Thank you!

Hmmm, I wonder if either that ticket master thing in the Sims 3 store, or the velvet rope thing from uh, Late Night could implement this? The ticket thing from the store, I think you could use so only X type of sim could enter (gender, age, occult etc I think?) I wonder if you could maybe set it to "formal attire" for example?

I never tried it, but maybe there are videos of people testing it, or someone else knows.

My stupid question today is: can I put a "port"/houseboat moor on a residential lot? Lets say I have a beach lot-house, and I go to build and make a houseboat on a "port lot" etc. If I want to travel back and forth between mainland and my residential island, how do I go about that? Could I moor the houseboat on a houseboat-moor on a residential lot? Or will this mess up my game? (Adding a houseboat moor..) Will a houseboat moor to the normal motorboat-moors? Or can I only use those walkway-moors that you build houseboats on?
Scholar
#9156 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:27 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 9th Apr 2021 at 4:12 PM.

Thank you!

You should try this mod out. It will make sims dress in the dress code of your choice on any lot its placed.
https://modthesims.info/d/477049

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#9157 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
You should try this mod out. It will make sims dress in the dress code of your choice on any lot its placed.
https://modthesims.info/d/477049

Thanks, MurderPrincessK! Downloaded and in use. Now onto the next stupid question. (I feel I should know this, but... Brain fail. )

Anyone knows if we can turn off that hiding of trees and hanging objects and various in-your-way stuff, like we could in TS2? My trees are disappearing if I get too close and I don't like it. A mod possibly, or a hidden option somewhere?

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#9158 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 2:53 PM
Anyone knows if we can turn off that hiding of trees and hanging objects and various in-your-way stuff, like we could in TS2? My trees are disappearing if I get too close and I don't like it. A mod possibly, or a hidden option somewhere?

"fadeobjects off" cheat prevents that.
Using the "tab" camera by pressing tab on your keyboard also prevents objects from fading.
Scholar
#9159 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Affinity
"fadeobjects off" cheat prevents that.
Using the "tab" camera by pressing tab on your keyboard also prevents objects from fading.

Thanks!

Field Researcher
#9160 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 11:47 PM
I have about 250 pose-listed pose packages for... reasons. I'm wondering if there's a limit to how many I can use with PosePlayer. (I was going to just separate them into ones per play session, but...)

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Scholar
#9161 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 7:18 AM
I downloaded Kuree's save cleaner but...when I go to run it, I get the error message that "the given key was not in the dictionary." I can't copy-paste from the error message, so I hope I manually copy this correctly:

atSystem.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.,get_item (TKeykey)
atSims3.RegistryKey.TSCC_get_Sims3MyDocFolder ()
atSave_Cleaner.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Is this telling me that it can't find my serial numbers for my game?

It gives me the option to quit or to continue. Continuing results in a choice of no saves to clean.

The Simlogical support page for this mod is, of course, long gone. Thus I am not sure that I have installed it correctly, or in the correct place.

I know there are MTS neighbors who use this mod, I wonder if anybody around here knows it well enough to tell me what to do?
Mad Poster
#9162 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I downloaded Kuree's save cleaner but...

What patch level is your game on?

Patch 1.67/Retail Disc can run Save Cleaner v1 or v2.
Patch 1.67/Steam and Patch 1.69/Origin controlled can only run Save Cleaner v1.

There's also a specific .NET requirement, but nothing will make v2 work on 1.67/Steam or 1.69/Origin installs.
Scholar
#9163 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 8:09 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 20th Apr 2021 at 8:10 AM. Reason: add link to save cleaner v!
Thank you so much, that's exactly it. I must have missed that information before (to be fair the link I found earlier only had v2, didn't mention v1). Found v1, downloaded & extracted it, & it seems to be working.

Edit: like for v1 is here,: https://mega.nz/file/rZME1ZKa#UMNPO...v7Gocr9ANKWb9G8

It's not entirely obvious to find currently.
Instructor
#9164 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 10:49 PM
Does sims 3 have any rules for how deep folders should/shouldn't go?
Mad Poster
#9165 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Does sims 3 have any rules for how deep folders should/shouldn't go?

That depends, which folders did you have in mind? If you mean in the Mods folder, the standard Resource,cfg file allows for nesting 5 layers deep. That can be increased, but it's not recommended to do so because it can add some delay to the files being read if the nesting gets too carried away. Or did you mean something else?
Instructor
#9166 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That depends, which folders did you have in mind? If you mean in the Mods folder, the standard Resource,cfg file allows for nesting 5 layers deep. That can be increased, but it's not recommended to do so because it can add some delay to the files being read if the nesting gets too carried away. Or did you mean something else?

Nope that's exactly what I meant. Deleted all my cc and am starting new and I like folders for organization but I didn't want to overdo it.
Scholar
#9167 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 9:53 AM
About pets and cars...
You know how you can sit a Sim in a car with their pets and go somewhere, but can't do the same when going back home?

Now, is that what it should be (bad design), or am I doing something wrong?

ETA: Also, why aren't my Sim's ghost friends (residents of Midnight Hollow) listed in her relationship panel? They are residents and playable Sims just like any other supernatural. They have a visitable house.

Scholar
#9168 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:31 AM
Is it just me or is Aurora Skies really laggy? Bad Routing? Is there a fixed world version out there I'm not finding?

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#9169 Old 1st May 2021 at 6:54 PM
Is it just me or is Aurora Skies really laggy? Bad Routing? Is there a fixed world version out there I'm not finding?

There should be one here that fixed that, as well as the snow as well:
https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...-was-one-of-the

However, it uses a decrappified Aurora Skies as a base, so you may have to reinstall with a decrappified version of the world first.
Scholar
#9170 Old 2nd May 2021 at 9:56 AM
Thanks, I skipped over that thinking it was just a snow fix, which I don't care about as I tend to turn off seasons. Reading comprehension, well, actually reading it at all would have been a good idea.

Mad Poster
#9171 Old 2nd May 2021 at 12:59 PM
Reading comprehension, well, actually reading it at all would have been a good idea.

The humor value of your posts is improving. You've been hanging around the forum's Funny People more, haven't you?

(This is a personal behavior observation so it has no business being posted on an open channel. But it's also a Stupid Question, so it's right at home here. The force of the second is outweighing the force of the first.)
Lab Assistant
#9172 Old 3rd May 2021 at 6:41 PM
When creating fuller figured female sims, how do I prevent her face from also becoming fuller? I've got sliders that adjust the waist, hips and bust but facial sliders are for micro adjustments when I just don't want her face to change.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Field Researcher
#9173 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:05 PM
I downloaded a lot that came with two gravestones. Is it safe to put in my game? I ran it through CUSTARD, but nothing "extra" came up. Thanks in advance!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Lab Assistant
#9174 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 8:07 PM
Can you move clubs, and lounges to Sunset Valley? If you can, how?
Mad Poster
#9175 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Can you move clubs, and lounges to Sunset Valley? If you can, how?

If you have Late Night and/or Showtime installed (are these the types you meant?), then there will already be a selection of them in the community lots bin in Edit Town. Or you could build your own or find some custom ones to download and install from safe places to download like here at MTS. Or you could load up a world that already has whatever you want and add the existing lots to the community lots bin to place in other worlds, again in Edit Town.
Page 367 of 385