Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#9301 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 1:43 AM
Been Playing University Life and at the end of a semester I enrolled for a new term, but the game keeps making me go home... I thought you were able to extend your stay? Is it some Nrass mod, like traveler, thats making me go back to my home world?

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9302 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Been Playing University Life and at the end of a semester I enrolled for a new term, but the game keeps making me go home... I thought you were able to extend your stay? Is it some Nrass mod, like traveler, thats making me go back to my home world?

No, that's just the way it works, A term can be a single or a double and you can to an extent edit term lengths in advance, but you do have to go home in order to enroll for the next one. The only way around the trips back and forth would be to play a Homeworld University.

Someone has to deep clean the (publicly accessed areas)...the dorm rooms, sandwich trucks, lab equipment...the other students...heck, let's just say everything. That takes a bit of downtime.
Scholar
#9303 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 2:52 AM
Ah Thanks, It has been to long since I played anything but a home world university and I seem to have forgotten the rules. Its odd that it will let you pay for a new term and enroll on your phone/computer while there, but then kicks you out anyway.... Oh well, more traveling it is.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#9304 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 3:02 AM Last edited by igazor : 2nd Feb 2022 at 9:15 PM.
The ability to enroll in person is helpful at the beginning of a term (not at the end of one) when sims have to travel to Uni World the vacation way, by way of the Traveler mod, because they are bringing sims with them whom it would be impossible to enroll any other way -- such as babies, toddlers, children, and pets. Or anyone else who is meant to be tagging along in a non-student capacity. I can't now remember if teens and pregnant sims can enroll from a homeworld, but if the interface blocks them as well, then again they can do so in person before the term starts as long as the "vacation" is long enough to cover the entire term Sun-Sat or Sun-Sat x2 and Traveler's options have them unblocked.
Top Secret Researcher
#9305 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 5:23 AM
In Edit Town, can a newly placed lot be assigned an address?
Instructor
#9306 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 1:54 PM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 6th Feb 2022 at 3:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
In Edit Town, can a newly placed lot be assigned an address?

If by mean renaming the lot to address, yes you can. If by mean you want to set the community lot to an address rather than Maxis defaults, you'll need Tagger mod and its custom map tags, though I had no idea someone ever made address map tag.

Edit: if by mean you want to name an address to a brand new lot which by default cannot be done in Edit Town, you'll need Tagger mod as well.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Top Secret Researcher
#9307 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
If by mean renaming the lot to address, yes you can. If by mean you want to set the community lot to an address rather than Maxis defaults, you'll need Tagger mod and its custom map tags, though I had no idea someone ever made address map tag.

Edit: if by mean you want to name an address to a brand new lot which by default cannot be done in Edit Town, you'll need Tagger mod as well.

The latter. The reason I'm asking is because SP told me that one of my sims moved to X house at ....... with no address given. I placed that lot and the street has a name (it's in Riverview) but it didn't assign an address to it automatically. Thanks! I'll check out how this would work with Tagger.
Mad Poster
#9308 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Thanks! I'll check out how this would work with Tagger.

The Tagger mod puts the command on the Lots menu.

https://www.nraas.net/community/Tag...er-Interactions
Scholar
#9309 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 5:58 AM
Whilst playing today I noticed that two of my sims who were Best Friends Forever are now shown as Old Friends. I'm not sure when that happened, but they have just aged up from teens to adults, so I was wondering if that was a normal aging up thing, I've not paid much heed to that sort of thing before. But my real question is, is there any way to restore their BFF status? I tried using Master Controller to change their relationship, but the list only includes Friend and Old Friend - not even Good Friend or Best Friend. Perhaps I'm growing overly sentimental in my old age, but I always believed 'forever' meant just that.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#9310 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 6:35 AM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 8th Feb 2022 at 6:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Whilst playing today I noticed that two of my sims who were Best Friends Forever are now shown as Old Friends. I'm not sure when that happened, but they have just aged up from teens to adults, so I was wondering if that was a normal aging up thing, I've not paid much heed to that sort of thing before. But my real question is, is there any way to restore their BFF status? I tried using Master Controller to change their relationship, but the list only includes Friend and Old Friend - not even Good Friend or Best Friend. Perhaps I'm growing overly sentimental in my old age, but I always believed 'forever' meant just that.

did you redeem your lifetime points for long distance friends? if so, their relationship will become old friends eventually.

Master Controller only lists BFF status on long term relationship by categories for children and teens since they're the ones who are able to get it. If you want to revert to good friend or best friend, you need to set them to acquaintances first, then you will see the good/best friend options next time you click on master controller.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#9311 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 6:56 AM
Ah, I see. Yes I did get the long distance friend reward for both of them, I didn't know that be the result. Oh well, they must be content to be Old Friends then, I don't suppose it really matters, like I said it's just me being sentimental. Such a beautiful friendship it is too: never a cross word between them since he was a child and she was his imaginary friend... (sniff) ... where's my hanky?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#9312 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 11:17 AM
There are silver ships
There are gold ships
But there are no ships
Like friendships
Scholar
#9313 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 1:20 AM
They've gone back to being best friends now. That's better.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9314 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There are silver ships
There are gold ships
But there are no ships
Like friendships

This is why we love @Igazor
Inventor
#9315 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 1:11 AM
Does there exist a mod for TS3 as well to let Young Adult Sims stay living at home instead of moving out, thus traveling back and forth to uni?
Scholar
#9316 Old 3rd Mar 2022 at 11:42 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 3rd Mar 2022 at 2:16 PM.
When adding a rabbithole rug to a lot is there any way to keep the map tag from being for the rabbithole rug?
For example I put the fortune teller rug in my Occult/Supernatural store and would like to have the map tag stay as the store, but it keeps switching to the rug.
I though perhaps Nrass Tagger would do this, but I can't find a setting for it.

Top Secret Researcher
#9317 Old 3rd Mar 2022 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Does there exist a mod for TS3 as well to let Young Adult Sims stay living at home instead of moving out, thus traveling back and forth to uni?

Do you mean you want your sims to go to uni but travel back and forth from the homeworld. That seems cumbersome.
Better to have a homeworld university.

You will need to have a homeworld university and then have them go to uni there.
Some homeworld university lots. Make sure you have a student union lot as well.
http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Co...University.html
https://modthesims.info/d/500854/un...home-world.html

You will need NRAAS Careers.
https://www.nraas.net/community/Careers
Make sure to enrol at the rabbit hole, not at the computer.

You will need the university rabbit hole rugs.
I can't find any usable links. I hope someone else here might be able to help.

Here is a thread that discusses further setup.
https://www.nraas.net/community/car...ssion/topic8814
Instructor
#9318 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
When adding a rabbithole rug to a lot is there any way to keep the map tag from being for the rabbithole rug?
For example I put the fortune teller rug in my Occult/Supernatural store and would like to have the map tag stay as the store, but it keeps switching to the rug.
I though perhaps Nrass Tagger would do this, but I can't find a setting for it.

You need this Mod MurderPrincess https://modthesims.info/d/614360/cl...ty-changes.html.
Scholar
#9319 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 9:20 AM
Thank you, I had never seen that before. Works beautifully and great that it allows me to pick and choose which ones I need to install.

Instructor
#9320 Old 5th Mar 2022 at 7:04 AM
Your welcome
Alchemist
#9321 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 6th Mar 2022 at 11:50 PM.
Is there a a way or a cheat to unlock all the available shapes for gem cutting? The one mod here in MTS2 hasn't been updated and apparently don't work with the SN gem cutting machine.
Scholar
#9322 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 1:55 PM
So my sims has a Djinn Lamp in his inventory, which he had rubbed and met the Djinn inside, but made no wishes.
Then he traveled to Uni with the lamp in his inventory.
Now the Djinn that was in the lamp is gone and replaced by a different one he doesn't know.
Is there a way to restore the old Djinn or is this just an unfixable bug from EA.

Mad Poster
#9323 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 5:15 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 10th Mar 2022 at 9:52 PM.
Two mod related questions:

1. I remember there being a mod that let sims' conversations happen autonomously so I wouldn't have to keep filling up their queues with interactions. Long story short: I lost it and can't remember the name. Would anyone happen to know what I'm talking about? Lol

2. If anyone uses NRAAS' story progression, is there a specific way to populate your worlds with a larger range of households. I did the "rapid immigration" thing twice and it kept filling my world with couples and roommates. I'd like some actual families too. So far, for the children in my current household, their only classmates are their siblings

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#9324 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

1. I remember there being a mod that let sims' conversations happen autonomously so I wouldn't have to keep filling up their queues with interactions. Long story short: I lost it and can't remember the name. Would anyone happen to know what I'm talking about? Lol

2. If anyone uses NRAAS' story progression is there a specific way to populate your worlds with a larger range of households. I did the "rapid immigration" thing twice and it kept filling my world with couples and roommates. I'd like some actual families too. So far, for the children in my current household, their only classmates are their siblings

Not sure about #2, but the first one is probably Buzzler's Moar Interactions mod here. It adds a lot more than that, but I use almost everything it adds to varying degrees.

But the specific part you're wanting is the social macro interactions it adds. It adds a new menu option "Socialize" where you can then pick what conversation type you want (Friendly, Romantic). Then they'll keep talking until you cancel it.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#9325 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

2. If anyone uses NRAAS' story progression, is there a specific way to populate your worlds with a larger range of households. I did the "rapid immigration" thing twice and it kept filling my world with couples and roommates. I'd like some actual families too. So far, for the children in my current household, their only classmates are their siblings

For number 2 I would pop over the the Nrass forum, best place for advice on their mods. https://www.nraas.net/community/
Page 373 of 385