Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#501 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 1:45 AM
A mod that lets me kill my smith's apprentice in the most painfull way.
Advertisement
Instructor
#502 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 4:32 AM
Should I make a Thors Hammer interaction? I could probably pull it off knowing what I do now.
Test Subject
#503 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 10:14 PM
Slider multiplier hack.
Scholar
#504 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fargoniac
Slider multiplier hack.

Fairly sure Shimrod made one a while back.
Test Subject
#505 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:55 PM
Yes, but I'm not getting another account just to get it.
Test Subject
#506 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 4:49 PM
A new friendly interaction for Drunkards: Discuss Fine Drinks
Instructor
#507 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fargoniac
A new friendly interaction for Drunkards: Discuss Fine Drinks

A new interaction is a piece of piss. What should it do? I could make it do a lot. Give me something interesting, and I may do it.
Scholar
#508 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 3:13 AM
Is it possible to make chess, whittling, tactical map and other hidden skills work similar to TS1, 2 & 3 skill levelling?
I was sure I saw something ages back that would at least allow the hidden skilling to be visible, but I can't find it now, and think it might actually have been a left over TS3 file I saw ages back.
Test Subject
#509 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 2:55 PM
Work slowed down so I've had some TSM time, yay! Had a couple I'd love to see.

1 - Sailing Together - got two married hero sims that love the sea, be dope if they could go sail around the harbor or go on a pirate raid together.
2 - Woohooo in the bathtub? Or on a rug in front of the fireplace? C'mon missionary in the bed 24/7 is borning :D
3 -
Quote:
Should I make a Thors Hammer interaction? I could probably pull it off knowing what I do now.
- Yes indeed you should. That would be a trip.
4 - Tattoo's - saw your screen shots Grim, super awesome. Hope you continue working on that. That pirate outfit you can put your dude's in has some really sweat tattoo's on the arms, would love it if I can sport those or others on my sim all the time.
5 - Chickie - your claymore painting was awsum btw. More cool ass new paintings yeah?

As always you modders have my unending devotion. Who needs EA when we have you guys. :D
Test Subject
#510 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 4:37 PM
I have a quick question, more for curiousity's sake than anything else, but is it possible as of now to clone objects? I was wondering whether by cloning that hen and rooster deco it might be possible to introduce pets, if only decorative, like horses, etc. I apologize if this has been asked before and I simply did not see it.
Scholar
#511 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amaryll
I have a quick question, more for curiousity's sake than anything else, but is it possible as of now to clone objects? I was wondering whether by cloning that hen and rooster deco it might be possible to introduce pets, if only decorative, like horses, etc. I apologize if this has been asked before and I simply did not see it.

If it goes anything like the painting I made then yes, but to make them unique you have to use a hex editor. (I say have to, I don't actually know if any TS3 tools would work since I didn't try any.)
I wanted to recolor the horse statue at some point to make it more realistic looking and less statue like, so if you get round to it before I do, I'd definitely love to see it uploaded.

If you mean to make new meshes from them, then I have no idea, you'd have to ask Grim.
Scholar
#512 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dcstorm2012
Work slowed down so I've had some TSM time, yay! Had a couple I'd love to see.

1 - Sailing Together - got two married hero sims that love the sea, be dope if they could go sail around the harbor or go on a pirate raid together.
2 - Woohooo in the bathtub? Or on a rug in front of the fireplace? C'mon missionary in the bed 24/7 is borning :D
3 - - Yes indeed you should. That would be a trip.
4 - Tattoo's - saw your screen shots Grim, super awesome. Hope you continue working on that. That pirate outfit you can put your dude's in has some really sweat tattoo's on the arms, would love it if I can sport those or others on my sim all the time.
5 - Chickie - your claymore painting was awsum btw. More cool ass new paintings yeah?

As always you modders have my unending devotion. Who needs EA when we have you guys. :D

Aw, 1 would be so sweet for couples, or nice for friends etc, I'd like to see that.
2 would be great but unfortunately would require a new animation. I was wondering the other night if something could be done with the TS3 woohoo in shower animation in TSM, but Grim would be the best person to answer that.
3 The apprentice respawns so you might get a lot of use out of Thor's Hammer :P
5 Thank you. I was thinking about doing more, or other objects, I really want to see the horse look less drab and more realistic looking but the hex editor etc are all on my other computer, I've yet to transfer any of that stuff over to this one.
Instructor
#513 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 10:26 PM
Wow Chickie, leave me to answer everything! (Just kidding, you're the best Chickie, my sim sister).

Objects, hard to do right now without software. It is possible to do by modding hexes as ChickieTeeta said, but as for an easy tool, no. I know some things to do, but I don't have the time alone. I need to get my CASP tool working better before I mess with objects. If you're a coder, and want to make a tool, I'll help you any way I can. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for me to make a tool and tutorial. It's on my list, I just don't know when.

New animation can be made the same way they are for TS3. If you load a TS3 animation the bones will be messed up, and converting to TSM you'll end up with problems in the skirt/tails area. Any animation from TS3 that doesn't need these 3 bones should be OK. Also, any animation you make in Milkshape should use the TSM rig file for the original positions, so they should work fine. Animations are something new I've been messing with, but these are my results. Still to mod these animations probably should have a tutorial. I'm working on a general TS3 to TSM tutorial, that I hope will cover a lot of what can be done.

Most of the other requests here require me figuring out more about what I've already mentioned.

My tattoo's I need to get back to. I'm ADD like I said. I self medicate, but it's only legal in Colorado. If you are really wanting tattoo's let me know. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I mess around with so much, if you don't keep me focused you'll lose me. So, if tattoos are really what you all are into, lets me know, and I work harder on it.
Scholar
#514 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 12:25 AM
Tattoos are very easy to convert from TS3 cc ones, you just need to edit the casp.
Since the TS3 ones are so easy to convert, it would perhaps be best for the time being (if anyone wanted to make their own), to make them for TS3 (since there are tools that will work for this) and then convert the casps for use in TSM. (This will only be a viable workaround if you have TS3 installed)
Test Subject
#515 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 6:10 AM
At some point I'm going to have to learn how do the casp edit/convert thing. If it's that easy then I spose we can have Grim work on other important things :D

I liked the drunks discussing fine liquor idea - they outta get into an argument about it that ends in a brawl or something:D

How about some of kind of "hang with friends" interaction so when I tell my freaking sim to sit down so I can have them all hang out in the same place they don't go wandering off like a towlie when he gets high I know I could probably just lower their free will but still.
Test Subject
#516 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
*bump*

I don't know if anyone is still modding for Sims Medieval but in the off chance they are - my monarchs servants consistently follow him/her around when they leave the castle, and I can't help but think it would make more sense if a pair of guards did that instead. Perhaps the cool looking heavy guards that come out if you choose the End The War: order in the kingdom quest. :D
Scholar
#517 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 12:45 PM
Use edit in CAS on your servants and/or a wardrobe call.

My servants / royal guard :P
Screenshots
Test Subject
#518 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:44 PM
I might have to do some troubleshooting then, because I've used the edit in cas function to try and change the guards and advisers a few times, but it won't take as soon as I'm done it just reverts back to the original. Works fine on villager NPCs but that's it.
Scholar
#519 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dcstorm2012
I might have to do some troubleshooting then, because I've used the edit in cas function to try and change the guards and advisers a few times, but it won't take as soon as I'm done it just reverts back to the original. Works fine on villager NPCs but that's it.

Change the clothes at the wardrobe. Use Edit in CAS if you want to make them more muscular or whatever.
Unless you mean facial or body changes are reverting?
I had one servant who kept the changes I made to his face for a while in game and then he'd revert back. Only that one time I've ever had that happen for face alterations though and just the one servant out of 12 in that kingdom. All the rest were fine.
Field Researcher
#520 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:10 PM
I would kiss the ground the modder walked in if he or she made a mod that caused the game to run smoothly without skipping, slagging, lagging, or hanging (slagging is allowed for sims only, lol), and perhaps making the mod 64-bit OS compatible intentionally.

It is harder, I think running the game in a 64-bit machine, than a 32-bit, since Maxis designed the game for 32-bit.

Make the game run like it was born to fly, mod guys, PALEASE! That is my greatest wish at the moment!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#521 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:35 PM
Dear all,
I know I am new to the forum, still, I do have some ideas. I am not sure if these kind of mods exist already or if they are even feasible, bit if yes, I would love to have the following ones so much:
-> a mod that enbales you to control more than 4 sims (let’s say, 8 or more) in Free time
-> a mod that lets you „build” (use moveobjects on) on areas that are by default unavailable in Build mode (like the bridge near the Clinic, etc.)
-> move/delete NPCs without making them active sims/having them engage in an activity with an active sim (moveobjects on + click - and delete - does not do the trick for me... please tell me if I am doing something wrong)
-> a mod that makes the „missing” walls of buildings (re)appear
I have been searching for mods like these for quite a while but to no avail. If they do exist and I have been searching at the wrong place or the wrong way, please let me know where and how to find them, they would make my TSM life so much easier. I would be eternally grateful to you. Thank you in advance!
Field Researcher
#522 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nita90
Dear all,
I know I am new to the forum, still, I do have some ideas. I am not sure if these kind of mods exist already or if they are even feasible, bit if yes, I would love to have the following ones so much:
-> a mod that enbales you to control more than 4 sims (let’s say, 8 or more) in Free time
-> a mod that lets you „build” (use moveobjects on) on areas that are by default unavailable in Build mode (like the bridge near the Clinic, etc.)
-> move/delete NPCs without making them active sims/having them engage in an activity with an active sim (moveobjects on + click - and delete - does not do the trick for me... please tell me if I am doing something wrong)
-> a mod that makes the „missing” walls of buildings (re)appear
I have been searching for mods like these for quite a while but to no avail. If they do exist and I have been searching at the wrong place or the wrong way, please let me know where and how to find them, they would make my TSM life so much easier. I would be eternally grateful to you. Thank you in advance!

Ya know, I often wonder if those so called UNAVAILABLE locations in build mode, or even in live mode are truly unavailable for building upon. I think their is a separate code or something for these other locations. My thinking is this, that when first playing the game locations available now that we can build upon such as the docks, the Judgement zone, the Cave, the Forest Clearing, a small section by the large bridge and a tiny section in front of the Barracks etc, but were not available at the first of playing the game, before one might have learned about testingcheatsenabled, and the cheats using the command prompt, so one had to make due, or continue dreaming...but I notice when I left click and hold the Shift button (or is it Ctrl) on my keyboard in order to BUILD ON THIS LOT in Live Mode, in some Unavailable (supposedly) locations such as you mention, and others, that this notice to build on this lot showed when I was playing the game in default mode without mods, and at that time I could not build on these lots, since they are made unavailable to be built upon by the games settings, UNTIL a player learns how to change these settings.

Why does the message to BUILD ON THIS LOT appear on those locations where it is not possible (supposedly) to build on even after one has made the locations formerly unavailable such as you have mentioned and I mentioned, but were previously unavailable to players playing in default mode of the game? I grasp that some of the areas in the game are flat though have a 3D appearance so nothing like furnishings can be placed within that frame, I am guessing the middle section of the kingdom where the Stone Man lay, and also the outside areas of the great surrounding wall, and back into the village. I got a character of mine to walk all the way out to the farthest tree in the hilly area near the churches, and got a glimpse of the flat terrain/screen but the inner kingdom areas that are obviously open areas should have an unlock code of some sort, since there MUST be a reason why the BUILD on this LOT message appears when shift/clicking upon the ground at them.

As most likely know now, this same message appeared on locations in which we now can build upon, but could not some time before now. I have noticed in more situations than just the building scenarios that this game seems to have at least 3 levels of allowance abilities if you will. Stages might be a better way to put it. Just as furnishings and clothing becomes available to a player after certain events have passed, or levels been earned by the gamer, certain aspects unlocked as game play continues, the same goes for other hidden aspects of the game such as building and more. This is my heartfelt belief.

Just as when the game builds the fountain in the town square when the war has been ended and one chooses the side of the Guild, it was not possible then for me to lift objects in any mode, kingdom, live or build, or place them near each other in order to make a different object, but the game could. I knew when I saw that fountain that there had to be a way for me to do the same, as its obvious the game took columns and placed them together to make one single side, and even placed items on top of each other as if playing BLOCKS..

There is all of those pieces for walls, and parts of wall frames in build mode, which I have been able to use little of, but I understand some of their uses, just can't place them with any great dexterity...LOL Readers get my gist, I hope.

Perhaps we don't need a mod for these things to be unlocked, perhaps we may just need the code?

Xeny

Quote:
Test Subject
#523 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 1:48 PM Last edited by Nita90 : 4th Nov 2014 at 9:01 PM.
Thank you for the answer, Xeny.
Actually I made some „experiments” yesterday. I discovered that, for example, you may not see the „squares” (that indicate that the area may be „built” upon) in front of the palace (or maybe I need to consult an ophthalmologist asap :D), but you are still able to move objects and sims there. My other finding is that the area in front of the catherdral can be built upon (the „squares” are there), and certainly, so can be the interior of the cathedral. However, you can not move the objects from inside to outisde. I made an attempt to bring the Jacoban pulpit out of the building, but the game would not let me, it got „stuck” about two rows in front of the line of the wall. (I hope I am understandable...) I am almost sure this could be „fixed”. Just like you, I do suspect that the „unavailable” locations (at least the ones in the interior part of the kingdom) could be built upon, one of my sims did leave a used plate there (do not ask why and how) :D. If the plate could be placed there, then other objects should also be, just the game won’t let us. It would be so awesome if someone discovered the little „trick” behind this. Maybe someone will hear us and investigate :D
I still have some (more) requests/ideas
I read that special objects such as the Messenger posts (maybe also the Tactical map, the Jacoban pulpit, etc. that are not present in the Catalog) – and also sims – can be deleted, or at least, in the past, there used to be a way to delete them somehow. Was this option removed with the patches, or simply I do not know the trick (the delete button won’t work even though I use testingcheatsenabled.) What I would actually need is to be able to „clone/copy” some of these objects and place them to locations where they could normally not be found (like, a Tactical map in the Tavern, or a Jaocban pulpit in the Peteran monastery). Is there any cheats/mod to make this? Maybe a mod to add these objects to the Catalog as „normal” items?
I also wonder if there is a way to make sims use their „own” cool swords in the Threaten for money and Execute by sword animations? It is so annoying to watch them use that ugly default one all the time even though they possess for example the Doomsword... :S
And last but not least, my best Christmas gift would be a Medieval Pose Player (like the one for Sims 3) with beautiful poses. I know this will stay a dream forever, but still.

The reason why I am searching all these stuff is that I am currently in „stroyteller mode”, I have been working on a Sims Story for... months, and being a masochist, I am illustrating it with Sims Medieval pictures. All these mods I am searching for in vain would greatly decrease the amount of tranquilizers I need to take everytime I need to deal with a more „complex” picture. ^.^
Field Researcher
#524 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nita90
Thank you for the answer, Xeny. can be deleted, or at least, in the past, there used to be a way to delete them somehow. Was this option removed with the patches, or simply I do not know the trick (the delete button won’t work even though I use testingcheatsenabled.) What I would actually need is to be able to „clone/copy” some of these objects and place them to locations where they could normally not be found (like, a Tactical map in the Tavern, or a Jaocban pulpit in the Peteran monastery). Is there any cheats/mod to make this? Maybe a mod to add these objects to the Catalog as „normal” items?

Sounds great what you are doing. A few here are working on making new custom quests which I am so excited about, I can barely type this out for thinking of them.

I know well the locations one can build upon as I have played the game for 4 years nearly every day, perhaps missing no more than two weeks spread out throughout these 4 years. I'm wacko for TSMP&N, and my Sim Babes.
You can use Treeag's Auto Buy Debug mod -----> http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=419129 , if you do not yet have all the furnishings, decor, and clothing unlocked. Buy de Bug can also be accessed using the command prompt in game play live mode, but beware, it can act a little funny sometimes, and it is possible that your game could crash to desktop, so if you use this option first save your game before entering buy de bug. I believe the HELP menu in command prompt (open command prompt and type HELP, then hit enter key), will list Buy De Bug, same as it does many commands that can be used to have events occur.
Using Buy De Bug, you can purchase more tactical map tables and place them where you want to, any building or outside buildable area you wish, however my game sometimes has a hissy fit if I place the ACTUAL tactics map table my monarch uses for political tasks in more than 1 location, so instead I use the other map tables. There are two others. One is piratical looking, made of wood, the other is nearly the same as the monarchs tactical map table. I place these in my knights barracks, two in the training yard, and on occasion one in the forest clearing during quests where one or more of my sims must wait there for a long while for others to join them in a task.

You can also purchase more Jacoban pulpits and place them wherever, too. They are also available in Buy De Bug. You will be surprised what is available in it. The castle's frame even, lol, good luck at finding a place to set it down, and even if you did, your game is a guaranteed CTD !!!CRASH!!! There are also some items that once placed you cannot delete after setting it down. I have learned a trick though that not many seem to have realized, even here. Miss ChickieTeeta does not seem to have realized it either. If you place an item in an unusual spot yet still buildable, lets use the sand lot at the docks for instance. I sometimes have my blacksmith make Legendary armor for the NPC squire's, and guards of the Throne Room, and Reception Hall, so they will look nice, but I have to get rid of their armor by game default, and it cannot be sold. So the only place to hide the ugly attire so it does not get it the way, is to hide it in a Forge, or crafting table, but they will not go away there, and will be in my way when I am looking for another item inside, so I buy a single forge or crafting table, and place it in the sand lot at the beach neat the docs, and place all the ugly armor of those npc guards and squires inside of it. Most think these items cannot be gotten rid of, but they can. One must just wait until they play a quest where the game will decorate the area for a specific quest. Surely you have noticed when you decorated outside in some lot, but did not remove your decor, that in some quest you later played after decorating that location, the game decorated over your decor, or rather your decor was removed and the quests decor added for a specific quest. Mine in the sand lot is usually during The Incident or the Shipwreck Sailor. The game decorates this area as you know, so BYE BYE ugly armor! The game takes it away! I feel kinda like a genius! LMAO!

Look about Dear, and ye shall find many mods here that come close to meeting some of the desires you have for your game. Good Luck to you!

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#525 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Change the clothes at the wardrobe. Use Edit in CAS if you want to make them more muscular or whatever.
Unless you mean facial or body changes are reverting?
I had one servant who kept the changes I made to his face for a while in game and then he'd revert back. Only that one time I've ever had that happen for face alterations though and just the one servant out of 12 in that kingdom. All the rest were fine.

I am sure he means the sims he edits in cas change back into their default clothing, Chickie. This happens when editing a npc in cas, but not at the wardrobe or chest. The reason is because when a npc is taken to cas he or she is given an extra clothing choice, not just their default armor'outfit and sleep wear, very exactly like a hero sim. You have noticed I am certain that after changing your hero sims clothing many times throughout the game, he or she retains every clothing set they have worn in that game, which you can see when you click on them and choose change outfit. They will not be given an extra outfit if changing their clothing is done at the chest or wardrobe. I learned all of this by trying to dress up some pretty ugly dressed children that were npc's. Considering the filthy look of almost all the default clothing in the game, I gave up on this endeavor, and later thanked the stars for Shimrod's NO Townie Kids mod! LOL

Xeny

Quote:
Page 21 of 23