Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Lighting (V7 1.19 patch)

by Shimrod101 Posted 8th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.19 patch

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 145 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:39 AM
Now it works perfectly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:38 AM
Players may clinges to the screen for hours a day at the release of favorite series.
So, player friendly mods like this may assit long play(Yes by me).
Thank you and very timely.
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:39 AM
this mod is not working for me at all
All my sims look darker and the lighting in the room is kind of weird

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/...zps1840dcec.png

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/...zps73a175c8.png
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carepuppy
this mod is not working for me at all
All my sims look darker and the lighting in the room is kind of weird

Try turning off Laptop Mode; someone mentioned this in the discussion forum.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leeahna
I have this same issue aswell, and in middle of rooms not directly under light aswell. It's really weird. I have a geforce 860 gtx, maybe its a gpu issue?

You have tried the V2 mod version?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
I tried the mod in my game and I noticed if I have it in window mode all the objects have a weird color tint but when my game is in full screen everything is fine

I tried my game in Windowed Mode right now and it looks exactly the same as in Fullscreen Mode.

THANKS POST
#57 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:53 AM
Works great! White things are white!
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Try turning off Laptop Mode; someone mentioned this in the discussion forum.

I did that but it looks the same
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#59 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 12:18 PM
Yes! I'm so excited to see people posting cc for TS4! Thank you so much for this!
Forum Resident
#60 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 12:26 PM
Thanks for this great mod, really improved the game. But I have a question, right now with your V2 mod installed, the unlit room (the room without any lamp / windows / all lamps turned off) is quite dark imo. Is it possible to make the unlit room little brighter?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Thanks for this great mod, really improved the game. But I have a question, right now with your V2 mod installed, the unlit room (the room without any lamp / windows / all lamps turned off) is quite dark imo. Is it possible to make the unlit room little brighter?

I don't know how to do that with the settings in this file. Doesn't mean it isn't possible though.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carepuppy
I did that but it looks the same

Have you tried all the things mentioned in this thread? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533595
I don't know anything myself about this issue, only what I've read described by others.

Forum Resident
#63 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
I don't know how to do that with the settings in this file. Doesn't mean it isn't possible though.
Okay, if you manage to do that, it will be great. Thank you for the answer.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:12 PM
Thanks for Sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM
Nice work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:06 PM
This is exactly what I needed. Now my houses are bright and perfect, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:33 PM
in my game no matter what settings I use I get looks like objects have weird painting look instead of like the sun showing through leaves or like this photo...

Weird Lighting

will this mod fix this at all????
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:36 PM Last edited by Sognatrice : 10th Sep 2014 at 9:12 AM.
Thanks for this mod, good work!
Unfortunately, it doesn't really look that good in my game. The second version is much better than the first, but still there's too much blueish light for my taste, for example some objects in the bathroom are shining pure white and others are still much darker. The curtain thingy above the staircase also looks unnaturally bright and blueish, I think (in contrast to the floor, the table, ...)? However, it does brighten the rooms a lot, which is great.

(edit: I tried to attach a picture but it won't work. I can see it in my Attachments but even after waiting for hours now it doesn't show in my post. Hm.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:07 PM
Sweet, no distance blur and now improved lighting! I look forward to trying this mod! :o)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:28 PM
Thank you, I was looking for this everywhere! You're awesome Shim!
Test Subject
#71 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:52 PM
Need help! Downloaded your Mod yesterday and the lights really looking better, but if I want to take an indoor-picture the ceiling is gon. It looks like an open sky. If I remove the mod, the ceiling is showing normal! What can I do???
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:23 PM
Thank you, very much needed!
Could you probably split the DATA files in two packages? I would prefer to simply alter the indoor lighting, not the outdoor lighting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:31 PM
Okay, now this is perfect.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
This is awesome. Thank you very much
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:28 PM
A new file is uploaded which fixes the issue with the large discolored spots on floors under the light source. Throw the first version in the trash can.

To my eye it looks a bit better with the increase, the world and objects and everything doesn't look so washed out. And I don't really see 'thick dark edges' everywhere.

Thank youuuuu
Page 3 of 12