Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Lighting (V7 1.19 patch)

by Shimrod101 Posted 8th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.19 patch

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 145 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Test Subject
#151 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:43 PM
Default Sims look dark (Possible temp reason)
Quote: Originally posted by XanderGC
While the lighting did change the Sims still look dark like they are walking around a dim house, unless they go outside then they are completely lit up. The only way around it for me is to turn Sims detail to low then they look somewhat brighter indoors.
It has to be the Laptop mode (but I really can't play the game without it.)

I was browsing EA sims4 Bug forums. Sims who look dark indoors is a "Laptop Mode" bug, which they're fixing now. I don't know if this is what you mean. If you have laptop mode on, try switching it off and see if it helps you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#152 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clonned
Will this work only with the last patch?

I think it will work fine with the patch from the 9th Sept. and higher, but on any patch below the Oct 1st patch it will still require the workaround unpackedmod business.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#153 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:40 PM
Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:11 AM
The update is great. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Should we remove the Unpacked Mod folder thing or no?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#155 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3gal1013
The update is great. Thank you for all of your hard work!
Should we remove the Unpacked Mod folder thing or no?

If you are on the Oct.1st patch I would advise removing that folder and removing the extra line in the Resource.cfg file, yes.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 6:43 AM
The update is wonderful. I love the lighting now. Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:21 PM
THANK YOU, Thank you. This was much needed. My Sims were almost black. I am running Parallels on Mac OSX. I thought I might not get the use of my Mac for one system. You saved the day.
Thanks 1 motherlode worth.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#158 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:25 AM
Thank you !
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#159 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:44 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#160 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 9:42 AM
With the files inside my mod you can increase the Sunlight Scale, which will make the sunlight outdoors brighter. This is in the GlobalLightSettings files, both the XML and Data.

On the color it's possible to reduce the BradyBunchBlue numbers further, to .001 or something, but the blue color in the sky starts weakening and also the blue water color starts changing. So it's sort of a matter of personal taste on this one.

If you are thinking along the lines of Sims3, the difference between the lighting at sunrise and sunset, where there is a lot more red color in the light; I believe that those corresponding settings are in the Renderer HSV Tweaker files, also the light blue shadows instead of gray shadows are in those files. I don't know how to do those files though, I experimented with one of them and successfully blew away the lighting and color in the game completely, everything looked like garbage, lol. So I simply put those files on ice and might come back later on some time to look at them again.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 9:34 AM
Excellent mod; improves the appearance 1000%. thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 3:57 PM
Great Mod! Thanks. :-)x
Test Subject
#163 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sesime
I really enjoy this Mod, but the lighting at night is all messed up and blue. I hope there is a way to fix this, I enjoy the mod and use it, but the only thing that bugs me is when the lights are off in the Sims house. It looks really bad. Please fix this!

This bothers me a lot as well. I love the improved lighting when the lights are on, but it all looks so terrible when the lights are off. Had to remove it. Hope it gets fixed!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#164 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 116thusername
This bothers me a lot as well. I love the improved lighting when the lights are on, but it all looks so terrible when the lights are off. Had to remove it. Hope it gets fixed!

But the screenshot from Sesime was on the earlier version of this mod. That issue is fixed in the V4, the newest one.

Test Subject
#165 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
But the screenshot from Sesime was on the earlier version of this mod. That issue is fixed in the V4, the newest one.

Oops. Did not realize there's a 4th version already. My bad. And yesss it is perfect (for me) now! Thank you so much.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#166 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:48 AM
I love this mod. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 12:30 AM
Where in game is the mod located?
Scholar
#168 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:45 AM
I love this mod so much! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working with this new patch. The lighting is all dark again.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#169 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:34 PM
The mod is fine with the new 10-21 patch. The files used haven't been altered in the patch, and I have tested for 4 or 5 in-game days and see no problems, it works for me exactly as before.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#170 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:18 PM
OK. Perhaps I did something wonky. Thanks for the quick feedback!
Test Subject
#171 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:11 AM
I have no visible changes with this. Latest game patch, latest ATI graphics drivers. Maybe its an nVidia issue
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:59 PM
Is it possible that there's something wrong with the rugs when using this mod? All of mine are much darker with this mod than without it, though everything else gets lighter like it should. It looks really weird, the rugs just don't fit in with the rest of the furniture.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#173 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:36 PM
It's possible the appearance of rugs and floors are altered when using this mod yes. It was a setting I was required to change because of the weird discoloration spots which are described in the first comments in this thread, and which can be seen clearly in one of the screenshots on the hardwood floor.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#174 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:11 AM
Thank you, I really needed this mod!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:57 PM
Thank you. I've always hated the black staircase, when it was supposed to be white :/
Page 7 of 12