Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Lighting (V7 1.19 patch)

by Shimrod101 Posted 8th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.19 patch

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 145 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#176 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:06 PM
Thank you !!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#177 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 2:15 PM
Thank you! Tired of those dark walls!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#178 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 1:44 PM
This mod is fine with the Nov.4th patch.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#179 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 10:41 AM
I did notice a bug with the latest patch,... When i have the mod ingame, i can (since the patch) no longer change the colour of the lights. I do still see the options, but the popup for light and intensity do not appear anymore.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#180 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 7:33 PM
The popup appears fine for me always, the intensity slider and changing the colors works fine. I think what you're seeing is caused by something else; it's been reported in the discussion forums that there are a few outdated mods which cause mess-ups with UI stuff, the STBL text ###### showing up instead of the actual text is the primary example.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
#181 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 10:32 PM
Hi! When using your latest version on my up to date game, i see the rugs really dark. When i place them outside, they are ok though. When removed the mod, and not change in graphic settings, the problem with the rug isn't visible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 8:01 PM
Спасибо огромное! (Thank you very much!)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#183 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
Hi! When using your latest version on my up to date game, i see the rugs really dark. When i place them outside, they are ok though. When removed the mod, and not change in graphic settings, the problem with the rug isn't visible.

Yes, they are all darkened, but are normal when outdoors. This is mentioned on the previous page in the comments. It's because of this setting I was required to alter because of that weird discoloration issue on floors/rugs/carpet which was in the first version of this mod, which can also be seen clearly in my screenshot which is from the first mod version.

It's impossible for me to revert this setting because that weird discoloration from the lights is always there; so this mod is going with the lesser of two evils, according to me anyway.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 1:48 PM
Great ...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 11:52 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#186 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:17 PM
love you soooooo much
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#187 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:03 PM
This mod is fine with the Nov.25th patch.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#188 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 7:15 PM
Thank You SO much for this!! So Awesome!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#189 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 2:51 AM
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#190 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 2:59 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:28 AM
lifesaver. I hate how you can't tell what the color of anything is with the default lighting
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 12:56 PM
Thanks! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#193 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 1:52 PM
Brilliant, just what I needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 6:55 PM
Hello at first I would like to thank the mods, I would also like to make a suggestion that I believe is within this area of illumination. A mod of rhythmic lights that piscassem and change of color on the rhythm of the music from the stereo, and also a strobe, to animate more parties. Awaiting the news as much as possible.Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 1:42 AM
Thank you Shimrod! I think this will be necessary and helpful!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#196 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 4:48 AM
just now trying this one for the first time. and loving it... thanks for all the cool stuff you've provided for sims4!!
Test Subject
#197 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:22 PM
After today's patch, the lighting appears to have changed. The interiors have a more even light and the outdoors are brighter during the day. I removed your mod because I don't know if it would generate any glitches, do you know what has changed and if an update is needed?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#198 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:15 PM
They haven't altered the files used in this mod, so it shouldn't cause any problems using it. I haven't found how they did the changes to the lighting, but everything is too bright now with my mod installed, so I will remake this when I'm done checking my other mods to compensate for the alteration they've done.

Test Subject
#199 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 7:00 PM
um. can someone help? I have installed the mod and the lighting in the rooms is brighter but the sims are still dark.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#200 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 7:30 PM
This mod is updated as V5 for the December 16th patch. The issue with the darker rugs is resolved, so rugs are the normal EA rugs when using this mod now.

Quote: Originally posted by lolipop100
um. can someone help? I have installed the mod and the lighting in the rooms is brighter but the sims are still dark.

Are you using Laptop Mode? If so, that is the reason for the darker sims, as if they are in constant shadow, when indoors.

Page 8 of 12