Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 12:57 AM Last edited by [email protected] : 19th Jul 2015 at 7:39 PM.
Default The Old Times Challenge
Hello, and welcome to The Old Times Challenge. This is my first Sims 4 challenge so sorry if i make any mistakes.

Story: by partly by mama_text You grew up being in the wealthiest family in Willow Creek.You always wanted to be an artist/author.One day, you fell in love with the daughter/son of the most poor family in town.Your parents caught you with him/her and forbid you to see him/her ever again.But, you loved him/her.So you decided to elope with them and runaway.You would give up your money for her/him.Later that night,you took her/him to the docks and proposed.Sadly, she said no."Why why love can't you marry me?" You said holding in your tears.She/He said,"After your parents said no to our love,I met another." You walked home angry and depressed. The thing you didn't know was that your parents sent the butler to spy on you. They learned everything.They kicked you out with barely enough money to even buy a shack! So you left town.The job department wouldn't except you so you decided to do the most dreaded thing for you.FARM.

CAS
This challenge takes place in the 1800's. So, make your sim or sims look like there from that time. You can make a couple or just one. You can choose they're gender but except they or just your one sim have to be squeamish and lazy. The other trait is your choice. There aspiration can be anything in the Nature Aspiration section.

GAMEPLAY
Your sim or sims MAY NOT HAVE JOBS. They have to be farmers. If they get enough money they can be an artist or a writer(because you can't use computers use this http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545512).Also no cheating for money! You may start on a blank lot ( maybe the new world Newcrest would be a good choice ). You can build the house or get it off the gallery. NO ELECTRONICS!
You can use lights but they have to look like they are "old timey". You may use the stereo because it's sorta like a radio. Your main goals are to live off the land, find love, have children,and get money. You can join the artist career when you achieve $20,000 and have gotten have completed the 2nd part of your aspiration. Writer is 30,000 and you have to complete your aspiration. Also no moving people in and taking the money! You have to delete it! Use money amount here to do this.

I hope you enjoy!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:48 AM
I know this challenge is stupid, but please don't hate.
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:12 PM
It´s not stupid, to the contrary, living off the land is a very popular way to play!

For an added challenge you could rule that we have make our sims lazy, squeamish and generally unfit for farm life. They could be aspirering artists who are forced to make money from farming, because no one wanted to buy their early works. In addition to raising the money they´d have to complete one of the nature aspirations first, before they are allowed to take a writer or painter career.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 1:59 PM Last edited by mama_tex : 30th Jun 2015 at 3:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
It´s not stupid, to the contrary, living off the land is a very popular way to play!

For an added challenge you could rule that we have make our sims lazy, squeamish and generally unfit for farm life. They could be aspirering artists who are forced to make money from farming, because no one wanted to buy their early works. In addition to raising the money they´d have to complete one of the nature aspirations first, before they are allowed to take a writer or painter career.

I love your suggestion: A squeamish city boy who has to live off the farm until he can afford his dream of painting.I have played farming challenges in the past, but that would add a new dimension to it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 4:27 AM
Having nothing to do, trying to find something fun to start with and I def like your ideas! This is great one!!!! And it should be a hit! Thanks guys
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 7:16 PM
Thank you I am glad u like it! I thought nobody would I will add some of your ideas in!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 5:16 AM
Totally doing this. It'll be fun to have my spoiled rich girl trying to deal with this!!