Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 21st May 2013 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Apparently a Wii and Wiiu exclusive Sims game is being developed.

From Eurogamer:

Quote:
EA has clarified that it currently has "no games in development for the Wii U" in a statement to Kotaku.

I am sure they will consider TS3 franchise dead after Time Travel comes out. One more reason why not to buy it - they will not even try to patch the bugs it will bring.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 21st May 2013 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
From Eurogamer:

I am sure they will consider TS3 franchise dead after Time Travel comes out. One more reason why not to buy it - they will not even try to patch the bugs it will bring.

I'm not buying it because the whole concept just looks like a Fail to me
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 21st May 2013 at 1:30 PM
I really doudt that there would be anymore expansion packs after sims 4 realise although there maybe some more stuff packs for sims 3.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
#29 Old 21st May 2013 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I've been predicting for a while that they may actually launch the PC and console versions of TS4 simultaneously. That would be an interesting first for the series.

I wouldn't mind one more EP after TS4 comes out, but sensibly they need all the resources they can get to make TS4 as good as possible. Not to mention the whole marketing aspect that's already been mentioned. I've still been getting system updates for Windows 7 after Windows 8 released, but it's not really the same thing.

I wont be at all buying anything TS3 because i know better. If i buy the time travel EP:

"OMG EA GAMES ANNOUNCES FIRST SIMS 4 EXPANSION! LETS YOU GO BACK IN TIME HUR HUR HUR!" - IGN

90% of all Sims 3 EP is pretty much recycled objects from TS2 with very minor alterations.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 21st May 2013 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
From Eurogamer:

Very sorry for the DP, but i had to say this:

Thats likely a lie or false info. EA has not officially said anything aside from that frostbite wont make it to wii u or wii. Locking out frostbite games.

However, they have released several games on wii and wiiu already, such as mass effect 3.
They have *never* not released a nintendo sims game. Infact, there are more sims games on nintendo consoles than others.

That sims game is likely an accidental early posting, but its likely for TS4.
Like i said, EVERY sims game has made it to nintendo consoles. Why stop now?
Not to mention that The Sims dont use frostbite, and they always find a way to port the games to console. They always have and always will.
Instructor
#31 Old 21st May 2013 at 7:34 PM
First, it is becoming increasingly apparent that a deliberate decision was made to omit important features (e.g. Open for Business), so those features would be added to the Sims 4. Then EA marketing could say that those features are available again, but in their new platform. At some levels, it makes sense as a marketing tool; leave your current product in an incomplete and defective state so you can tout those elements in the next edition -- and people will buy the newer version to have those features.

On the other hand, it is a horrible way to market a product. For many people the Sims is a considerable investment. With the cost of EPs, SPs, store content, etc., etc. it is quite easy to have thousands of dollars invested in the game. This is especially true of one is doing modding and purchasing other programs, like Photoshop, to help with that modding. People don't like being told that they invested in an incomplete and half-assed game for marketing purposes. We are more forgiving if there are technical reasons something could not be done, or if they determined that there was no market for something and they knew it would not sell. But if it is an EP which they are technically able to do, and for which there is a demand, then it appears to be nothing more than marketing bullshit.

Personally, I do not take kindly to some slick marketing guru jerking me around and playing games with me. In fact, it strikes me as a good reason NOT to purchase the Sims 4. The obvious question is what will EA leave out of the Sims 4 that they will put in the Sims 5? Will they leave out Pets? Seasons? Big Cities? We really cannot be sure until the Sims 4 is completed and they have announced the Sims 5, five years from now. Of course, this assumes that Sims 4 will be a success -- keep in mind EA tends to release more failures than successes.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 22nd May 2013 at 2:44 AM
I agree with most people here. When EA releases the sims 4, it's over for the sims 3.

Some fans can still make new contents/mods/worlds for the sims 3 after the sims 4 is released.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Alchemist
#33 Old 22nd May 2013 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
If you followed the thread by the young lady that won the contest to go out to EA Salt Lake City, you would know that the Sims 3 game engine is not up to the things fans would like to see produced such as OFB.

Interesting - do you have a link to that thread?
Scholar
#34 Old 22nd May 2013 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Interesting - do you have a link to that thread?

Here's the link to that thread. It's a really interesting read. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=502431
Quote:
What I am really getting at is the limitations of The sims 3 engine

Which we never talk about really but it's because we didn't know just how limited we are.the fact that they were able pull off LN, just barely, and Island Paradise is true techinical feat pushing hardware limitations.The sims engine was made and finished in 2005. this hardware is so Ancient. In addition, they teams working the sims 3 never created the engine, they have to work with what they have.They can barely even make small changes to CAS UI or build mode features without completely borking the engine and causing problems that were suppost to be unrelated. They ask their engineers 1) what problem would that cause 2) can they fix it? Alot of things cannot be fixed or touched. its so fragile. like a very old car with an old engine. Even they could do /add it, that would take a huge over haul that would take like a month or more and that is if everything was to run smoothly;which realistically is time they dont have.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Here's the link to that thread. It's a really interesting read. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=502431

That explains so much, wow I never knew that! I always wondered why I felt like I was walking through a minefield whenever I played TS3 or added in a mod!

One wrong move and my game goes KABLOOOOM!!!!
Site Helper
#36 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
TS2 was awesome!

Every EP was a solid addition to the overall game play experience. Compare that to TS3's rushed EPs that adds more bugs & glitches every installment and you have a very rushed & incomplete game experience.

Also I do know that the Futuristic EP is the last announced EP for TS3, but how come information regarding it was removed from TS3's wikipedia article?

Keep this post. People were saying the same thing in Sims 2. Nightlife rehashed Hot Date (but gave us CARS!!!!), Pets rehashed Unleashed, etc. (And no, I'm not knocking TS2. I might be knocking EA, though. )

I suspect that about 6 years from now you could use this same post and just swap "3" for "2", and "4" for "3." (And replace "Futuristic EP" with whatever TS4 pack they implied was going to be the last one.)

They aren't going to keep encouraging people to play the "old" games because they don't have the resources to keep making both. It would be awesome if they would. But they aren't going to.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd May 2013 at 8:22 PM
I'm actually very intrigued by the Future EP, and glad we won't be receiving anymore Sims 3 EPs afterwards. Though I doubt EAxis will invest this, I really hope to see Sims 3's time travel delve back into the lives of Sims 2 characters and reveal why Bella disappeared, what will become of Nervous Subject, etc. If not that in depth, it would still be cool to travel back to Pleasantview and Strangetown, or even live there.

On the subject of EPs, my computer can't handle over five, and I highly doubt any of ours could handle more than twelve, plus mods, stuff packs, and store content. While we are missing many key features (home businesses, getting out of cars, babys with limbs, etc.), we can't expect EA to cram them all in by the end of Sims 3. Sims 4's got to make money somehow, after all.
Page 2 of 2