Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 9:04 AM
Default Organise Cc once it's in the game
Hi
I've been looking across the Internet for an answer but I keep having no luck.
My CC works just fine in game, placed in Packages and Download folders but when I'm searching for a specific item in CAS I find that some of the CC doesn't have the artist or description on it and the ones that don't have anything on them look very similar to each other. Is there a mod or something I could do to be able to see what's what in CAS without removing all CC and reinstalling it one by one?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 9:46 PM
Open up the packages in S3PE and you can see what they are and delete unwanted ones. This is one of many reasons I convert everything I can to packages.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Open up the packages in S3PE and you can see what they are and delete unwanted ones. This is one of many reasons I convert everything I can to packages.

Thank you. I'll try that
dodgy builder
#4 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 2:46 PM

Can you add description to them, so you can see it in game?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 10:43 PM
I have never tried so do not know. It would be great if we could. I also wish we could just delete packs directly out of the game. I think we were supposed to be able to do that in 3 or maybe 2 but I never got that to work.

Other than some patterns I could not convert and just a very few other items, all my CC is packages, so easy to remove. YAY!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 1:27 PM
I have never tried so do not know. It would be great if we could. I also wish we could just delete packs directly out of the game. I think we were supposed to be able to do that in 3 or maybe 2 but I never got that to work.

Other than some patterns I could not convert and just a very few other items, all my CC is packages, so easy to remove. YAY!

I really wish we were able to delete cc directly while in the game. There are some broken cc in my game (invisible clothing, messed up hair mesh) and I am unable to find their source no matter how hard I look within my Sims3 packs and package files. I can't even find them in CASP editor so that I can hide them from CAS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
I really wish we were able to delete cc directly while in the game. There are some broken cc in my game (invisible clothing, messed up hair mesh) and I am unable to find their source no matter how hard I look within my Sims3 packs and package files. I can't even find them in CASP editor so that I can hide them from CAS.

I just find it so frustrating when I've got 7 lipglosses that all look similar and I'm trying to figure out which one is my most recent download
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandie5582
I just find it so frustrating when I've got 7 lipglosses that all look similar and I'm trying to figure out which one is my most recent download

Either use Windows to sort by date created, or put them in game one at a time and see which is which

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 8:35 PM
I know, I'm late for the party, but I just wanted to leave this link here for later reference:

https://www.nraas.net/community/Finding-CC

In short: If you have nraas MasterController + Integration, you can get the unique ID from the CAS part (eg. lipgloss) by right clicking on it. If you prepare a list of your already accepted old CC, you should by able to find the new one by checking the IDs for something you never had before...
Inventor
#10 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 8:53 PM
You need to use MasterController + Integration to get the instance number of a CAS part by right clicking on its thumbnails. Once you have the instance, use NRaas Packer to search through your files and locate a package containing resources with that instance number
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
You need to use MasterController + Integration to get the instance number of a CAS part by right clicking on its thumbnails. Once you have the instance, use NRaas Packer to search through your files and locate a package containing resources with that instance number

I have some special problem ...
One of the Store Content AF Tops is broken in my game, but didn't figure out which it is. I used the MC to get the instance number, but how can I find out which Top it is?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Expect No Mercy
I have some special problem ...
One of the Store Content AF Tops is broken in my game, but didn't figure out which it is. I used the MC to get the instance number, but how can I find out which Top it is?

Just a random idea to try (haven't tried myself):

Is it possible to use Delphys Multiinstaller to extract your store sims3 files and find the id in the resulting package files? If you have sets of items I would perhaps try to extraxt them to a folder named like the set or try if it renames them with set1, set 2 etc.
Perhaps it is possible to exclude some items beforehand because you know that they are definitely in game and working?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
Just a random idea to try (haven't tried myself):

Is it possible to use Delphys Multiinstaller to extract your store sims3 files and find the id in the resulting package files? If you have sets of items I would perhaps try to extraxt them to a folder named like the set or try if it renames them with set1, set 2 etc.
Perhaps it is possible to exclude some items beforehand because you know that they are definitely in game and working?

Yes, I could do that. But I have a lot of Store content, so this will end in tons of packages and weeks of work to find the right one.
Maybe it's the only way, if i can't find it another way.
Thx.