Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#101 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 8:24 PM
I found an interesting world with a rather bad name

It's called Torburg, and it was created by Docsprock. It's on the exchange.

What I like about it -- Like Hanogi Bay, it has a different feel to it. It's not quite your typical foursquare world, with everying laid out in a grid. It does look like the author used a lot of different EA houses, but that's okay. THey are used rather intelligently and no where is hugely far from anywhere else. Nice use of subway!

It's also been updated for LN, a huge plus for me. (I didn't check to see if all the amb buildings were there, but I believe they were.)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/305698.page
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 8:37 PM Last edited by kiatyn : 8th Mar 2011 at 9:23 PM. Reason: forgot something!
Another that I liked - Doublemedion694's Constant Springs. It is a very wooded world with a northwest US theme. (Think Seattle. Sort of.

It has a savegame with lots of families, for those who like that

It's updated for LN, has space for amb lots and requires no CC but Riverview. Huge plus! The creator clearly spent a lot of time creating some really nice ambience here. There are a lot of flat spaces (yay!) so that you can expand.

The creator made many rabbitholes and such that you can download (yes I know, it's the exchange) to replace the current ones.

I've been playing it for about 6 or so real life hours, and really like it.

There ARE a lot of trees. Might be hard on some systems, but if you need to, you can delete them in edit world.

See http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/213874.page for all the details.
Instructor
Original Poster
#103 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 10:25 PM
Nice finds, kiatyn! I absolutely love Constant Springs! I don't really play smallish towns since LN came out, but I think I'm going to make an exception.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
Nice finds, kiatyn! I absolutely love Constant Springs! I don't really play smallish towns since LN came out, but I think I'm going to make an exception.

This thread so feeds my addiction. hehe.
Field Researcher
#105 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 2:58 AM
I love Niua Simoa, my only complaint being that hideous house that's used over and over again downtown. It's the only world I've bothered to download because I'm afraid of the Sims 3 and downloaded content for it taking up an even larger fraction of my computer's memory.

Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
As of late, I've started playing LA...my only complaint is that the land is too big. Depending where you life, you might spend four hours out of your day just travelling to and from work/school.

Just like the real Los Angeles.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qpldmff
I love Niua Simoa, my only complaint being that hideous house that's used over and over again downtown. It's the only world I've bothered to download because I'm afraid of the Sims 3 and downloaded content for it taking up an even larger fraction of my computer's memory.

Just like the real Los Angeles.

--The thing about custom worlds and content -- you can delete them! especially the small-to-medium worlds I have seen, nearly all do not require extra cc to play, or if they do, it's thing's like patterns or paint. Or maybe a roof.

So don't be afraid! Explore, have fun and if you don't like it, delete it.
Retired
retired moderator
#107 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 3:37 AM
Quote:
I love Niua Simoa, my only complaint being that hideous house that's used over and over again downtown.

Hehe, it's supposed to be hideous. Have you *seen* the apartment blocks in small Polynesian islands? They're far more hideous than I could even muster. The only things missing are pet pigs, stray dogs, and vicious feral roosters.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#108 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 9:11 PM
Love Niua Simoa! Does anyone happen to have an updated save game for LN? I truly suck at building. (Really. I try for hours and it still looks like a square.:P)
Retired
retired moderator
#109 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 10:32 PM
I've thought about updating it for LN, just uploading some lots that suit the world, but I just don't have time right now. I thought that Waka Subdivision was the perfect place for a club scene though.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#110 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I've thought about updating it for LN, just uploading some lots that suit the world, but I just don't have time right now. I thought that Waka Subdivision was the perfect place for a club scene though.

It would be wonderful if you did, but I was just hoping another player who had LN had updated it and would share their savegame

I showed this to my aunts and uncles who are Hawaiian and they thought it was the greatest thing. They laughed so much when I made the sims do silly things. And of course all the kids had to see what I was doing.
Field Researcher
#111 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 12:29 AM
I just furnished that empty boat-shaped building downtown to be a club of some variety. One or two clubs suit the Simoans just fine.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qpldmff
I just furnished that empty boat-shaped building downtown to be a club of some variety. One or two clubs suit the Simoans just fine.

Oh-good idea. I can put stuff into a pre-built building! It's always the outside that is the hardest. Thanks
Inventor
#113 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 10:14 PM
Ok - I have looked into many worlds and found two I like really much and which are good playable. I adore some large worlds but after playing a while my PC lags so much even though I have a good one. Anyway - these two worlds are:

San Biaggio:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/338597.page

It's a Venetian themed world and everything fits together and is beautifully designed. I especially like that the rabbitholes are in the cellar of buildings which fit perfectly for each rabbithole and add up to the Venetian look of this world. Unfortunately some rabbitholes are placed not properly and the Sims can't reach them, but I could fix this easily. Otherwise it plays smoothly and the world is purely awesome.

The next one is
Via Discovolo:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/237263.page

It's featured now and I can just say - it deserves to be featured. It's very beautiful and what I like most is that the houses are very detailed and look perfect inside and outside. In other worlds you get a beautiful landscape but the lots look boring inside. With this world I can definitely say that it's gorgeous as a whole.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Instructor
Original Poster
#114 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:27 AM
I'm so picky with worlds lately that I can never just... settle on one. I'm actually, shamefully, sticking to Sunset Valley rn. I tried messing around with stuff in CAW to make my own world, but I have very little patience and end up hating what I've created. Idk...
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:46 AM
I have Hanogi Port installed at the moment. I haven't had much of a chance to play it yet because I've been gleefully filling up empty blocks with houses from PralineSims, the Ambitions lots and adding in my own families. From the small amount I have played it, it is a very pretty town with lots of grey tones which I like, but some people prefer insane greengreengreen. There are some really lovely houses throughout and it has lots for every type of family. They clubs are really pretty too.

It's not perfect - the house information just has links to the creator's blog which is annoying. Also there's one house where Hanogi didn't add a gate through the fence, so the house is innaccessable until you add a gate, which is easy enough.

I'd really like to give Hanogi's e-Seoul world a go someday. Also I had a look at San Biaggo and it looks soso pretty! I wish I had Fast Lane :'(

I'm so picky with worlds. I'm not sure quite what I'm looking for, but one day the perfect world will appear, surely ><
Scholar
#116 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 6:40 PM Last edited by Night Racer : 13th Mar 2011 at 7:03 PM.
im so sad. I cant play Redciffs anymore due to the obnoxious freezes it gives me. Now im suck playing Sunset valley again. UGH. All the great worlds that i LOVE i cant play becuase they are more anoying to play with the freezes....Im so over sunset valley....And now i have to make it all over....AGIAN....

edit: ooohhh...whats over herree....Constant Springs you say? Ill try it..but it if freezes im just not gonna bother with custom worlds anymore.
Whoops. Neverind. CAnt downoad that world...Lancher says there was an error. It as woth a shot....back to Sunset valley...
Mad Poster
#117 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 7:26 PM
Night Racer, would the problem be the abundance of cars in sim's inventory or on community lots? I don't know if you used mods to help with the freezing or not, but I was able to play better using Twallan's Overwatch.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#118 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 7:34 PM
Ya i use that, and FPS limiter, i removed my CC and caches, and the problem is still there. I know its the hood since sunset valley plays PERFECTLY. but im not gonna worry about it, sunset valley is...ok...and its easy to play..so if im forced to play it...it wont be so bad.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
Ya i use that, and FPS limiter, i removed my CC and caches, and the problem is still there. I know its the hood since sunset valley plays PERFECTLY. but im not gonna worry about it, sunset valley is...ok...and its easy to play..so if im forced to play it...it wont be so bad.

It might not help for you, but I find if I clear the caches it helps. It makes it load a little longer, but the stuttering is not there. Also, you might have some bad cc :/ try delphy's dashboard (in the mts downloads) to at least check!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 3:31 AM
Redcliffs has known problems that the creator is aware of. Unfortunately the earthquakes in NZ has her a bit busy for awhile. I'd try a known non-problematic world like Niua Simoa for awhile and see if its as good as SV.

Unfortunately, I too am back in SV to try and track down some crashing issues. It isn't soooo bad, but I do miss the larger 'hoods.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 6:40 PM
Doodle Island - absolutely amazing.
Test Subject
#122 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
im so sad. I cant play Redciffs anymore due to the obnoxious freezes it gives me. Now im suck playing Sunset valley again. UGH. All the great worlds that i LOVE i cant play becuase they are more anoying to play with the freezes....Im so over sunset valley....And now i have to make it all over....AGIAN....

Nightracer, try to set the military point park to "no visitors allowed". That cleared my freezes right up. I also changed a few of the smaller parks to "no visitors allowed" as well and have noticed the world playing a lot better.
Scholar
#123 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 11:07 PM
Los Aniegos looks incredible.

I would like totally download it but I don't have Ambitions and World Adventures. Such a shame, I'd love to have the world without whatever made both EPs required.

And that's the problem, there are no worlds out there that I am personally interested in that only require base game and Late Night. Kind of hard to believe that I'm one of the only ones who's first EP was Late Night. =/

I'd just looove to have a neighborhood with a coast looking like this:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j...reenshot-34.jpg

I am just too incompetent with Create A World to get anywhere near making that. T_T

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#124 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:25 AM
bassoon_crazy: Have you tried installing a world even thou it was not marked as a base-game world? maybe it will just remove the items/lots that came with the EP's you don't have, but still leave it playable for you.
Scholar
#125 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
bassoon_crazy: Have you tried installing a world even thou it was not marked as a base-game world? maybe it will just remove the items/lots that came with the EP's you don't have, but still leave it playable for you.

I've read through some of the creator's topic on the official forum and he specifically notes that at least World Adventures must be installed.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 5 of 42