Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tevlik
You can't judge a book by its cover.

There are a lot of worlds (but I won't name them) that have great screen shots, but are completely unplayable. Some of these worlds were not meant to be played in.

which would be why I said "just from the pictures" . I haven't downloaded it, so I can't comment on the playability. That said, if I was to download a recreation of a very specific, fictional place, I'd likely be doing it for storytelling purposes...so the appearance would trump playability. *shrug*
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:32 AM
Hi..
Can someone give me Los Aniegos download link.. I have searched but found nothing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#153 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimahrv
Hi..
Can someone give me Los Aniegos download link.. I have searched but found nothing.

Top of page 6.
Inventor
#154 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:54 AM
Try this link along with reveiws, its totally helpful and as far as I know gives credit where credit is due.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279596.page
Test Subject
#155 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:11 AM
Tanx.. But i'm in iran and all host sharing websites are filter here.. Ex: mediafore,sendspace,4shared.. And i cant even access the sims 3 website.. I hope if anyone had a direct link downloading of Los Aniegos updated on 2/4/2011
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:11 PM
I've never been able to get used to custom worlds... Until now. I've checked this thread recently and came into smacksim2's review of Redcliffs that caught my attention. And I definitely don't regret downloading this world (Late Night version + Save Game)! It's truly amazing! Can't wait to try new interactions and to add all new features that are coming with Generations! So excited! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#157 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 7:16 PM
Oh man, I'm new to Redcliffs as well, and my is that place gorgeous. I just built a generation house for my new legacy girl, and now I'm just waiting for Generations to really play it. She'll be on hold until Generations, and I'll really check out the world with a temporary family.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Test Subject
#158 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:17 AM
Finally i've downloaded the los aniegos.. Very big town.. I like it. For me the bigger towns are better.. Is there any bigger city?!
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:59 AM
Simrealtor created a new word called "Brooklyn Heights" it's beautiful! :D
Theorist
#160 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimahrv
Finally i've downloaded the los aniegos.. Very big town.. I like it. For me the bigger towns are better.. Is there any bigger city?!

Yes, Red County is made by the same guy, has a neater layout, is less reliant on shells, and is larger by about 25%. I ditched LA for Red County.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
Original Poster
#161 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestie Freehawk
Try this link along with reveiws, its totally helpful and as far as I know gives credit where credit is due.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279596.page

Some people have issues with the exchange; it doesn't work properly for some people. That or they're just pirates.

I choose to believe the former.
Alchemist
#162 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emilymarie0201
Simrealtor created a new word called "Brooklyn Heights" it's beautiful! :D

I loveeeeeee Brooklyn Heights
Inventor
#163 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 7:57 PM
I dunno what my deal is but I just can't get used to playing any worlds outside of those created by EA. Maybe I just haven't found one that grabs me yet lol I have Los Aniegos, I explored a house or two and haven't used it again for whatever reason, need to go back and maybe make my own Sim and move them in somewhere and start out that way. I also downloaded Brooklyn Heights but haven't installed it yet.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 4:13 PM
Been playing Georgia Falls for the last month and I'm really liking it.Especially as the lots aren't huge and there is room for custom ones
Test Subject
#165 Old 17th May 2011 at 12:34 AM
I never really got into los aniegos. It is too spread out for my liking and I dont like the way the roads are layed out. I have been using Oakwood City by the sims3town. In my opinion it is one for the more realistic neighborhoods avalible for download.
Scholar
#166 Old 17th May 2011 at 8:26 PM
I'm curious, does anybody have any recommendations for some smaller towns that are easy on the computer? Riverblossom Hills is the only CC town that my computer can stand so far, heck my computer hates Bridgeport and I can't play it at all. I liked Red Cliff or whatever it's called, but it kept on crashing
Mad Poster
#167 Old 18th May 2011 at 8:21 PM
I may have a new favorite by Friday. Jasumi's Oahu is too gorgeous. Lots of trees are bad for lower end computers, but I have to look around and try it with all the trees. Please release it by Friday!

If there is serious lag with all the trees, world editor will be helpful. :D

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 18th May 2011 at 9:23 PM
I've been usually going back to Hammond Island its a cute smaller town, and after adding in some residential and community buildings (office, salon,stadium,lounge,hangout,big park, pool and laundromat ) I really enjoy playing it. Its just large enough to fit in most things and small enough not to take forever to get from one side to the other.

It has a homey feel to it so I usually always end up playing it

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=404080
Theorist
#169 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:27 AM
I just wanted to mention that the simmer who was maintaining the World Index on the EA site had to give it up, so now Rflong7 is maintaining it at this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/372366.page

Also, Rflong7 has a thread listing her worlds. She makes great worlds that are very playable and they come in all sizes; small, medium, and large! http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/374366.page

If anyone is interested in a large world to play, or is into sparkle vamps (which is not required since the world is empty!) GLachaille released PortLaForks here on MTS on the 14th. Due to the file size limitations here, you have to download 9 files though. I haven't tried it yet but I understand it's been extensively play tested on the EA site.

I would also like to share a really nice little woodsy little world by Johnnywr called Matkooskee. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279427.page (direct link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/?y9wl9bz05pi1mkf).

He also made an amazing little tropical world called Mariner's Reach. The only community lot is the city hall, and it's tiny, so it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's beautiful and has some terrific lots by the creator.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3857746

I have probably tried over 30 worlds; there's only a few in this thread that I haven't tried. My favorites are Longview (not sure if she posted this under Rflong7 or Rflong13), Broken Heart Island (Rflong7), and Los Aniegos (Coasterboi made a masterpiece - there are several editions to this world: Los Aniegos - Late Night edition has some of the rocks and decos removed for better performance), and Riverblossom Hills. Shoot, now I am thinking of others I really liked. The sculpting on Neverglade is flawless and Fort Sim is fun to play. I think think the key to enjoying a world is to play it for awhile.

Oh, and if anyone wants to try a cutting edge type world try Exotic World by Stw402. He really experiemented with lighting, colors, and building. This wasn't a world that really fit my style but it was awesome to look at. And if you have a lower end PC try simrealtor's worlds or some of the smaller worlds by Rflong7.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Theorist
#170 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I may have a new favorite by Friday. Jasumi's Oahu is too gorgeous. Lots of trees are bad for lower end computers, but I have to look around and try it with all the trees. Please release it by Friday!

I'm looking forward to this one, too! It looks gorgeous. :lovestruc

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#171 Old 19th May 2011 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

WOW.
This looks amazing. Pretty good replica.

Do want. Thanks for bringing it up :lovestruc

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Mad Poster
#172 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:31 AM
You're welcome!

Yes, Mariner's Reach is another favorite of mine. I did use the rabbithole doors to add to existing buildings, and made a school, but I adore playing that little world when I want a slower pace. It looks good and really enjoyable if you like having sims being self employed, living off the land. Johnnywr have some amazing worlds, just started exploring them. His builds are very impressive, kept a few in my library. Usually I am not into other simmers builds, but some of the homes and the community lots look good. The fusion bar, The Green Room is one that I use in some of my other worlds.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#173 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:24 PM
I like Queenstown pretty well now, I've not used anything else since I downloaded it as far as playing goes.

Lab Assistant
#174 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:20 PM
I'm enjoying Riverdale right now, but when Jasumi finishes that town, I think I am going to download and populate, it looks crazy amazing and EXACTLY what I have always wanted.
Inventor
#175 Old 19th May 2011 at 5:23 PM
I downloaded Finnington by Armiel and downloaded her first batch of community lots for it yesterday (still have to go in and place them) So looking forward to starting to play that one at some point as well.

Page 7 of 42