Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 9:54 AM
Default [Req] Flat roof with height?
Dear all awesome mod creator,

I edited a house in bridgePort, and was 80% satisfied with my job. (long time ago)

However, I recently wanted to further improve my house with a half wall height flat ceiling. (Previously I just put the default flat roof.) but I searched all over the net and all I can find is using terrain cheat to build it.

That way is kinda impossible for me because I will need to nearly rebuild everything and I have build till the 4th floor. and the house was build in different terrain.

So I was wondering, can any creator please just create a simple flat roof with about a height of half wall.

(Or if that is impossible, maybe I can upload my house and hopefully some can help? Just wanted the roof on the top floor. Thanks)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 10:22 AM
Not sure if I am understanding right but why don't you use the place friezes cheat to get a taller/thicker flat roof.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 10:40 AM
What I sometimes do is place a fence around the top of the house, and CASt that to match the wall colours. It gives the same general architectural impression.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by romagi
Not sure if I am understanding right but why don't you use the place friezes cheat to get a taller/thicker flat roof.

Erm, I tried but I have built till the tallest possible (without any cheat) floor, which make me able to build half wall only.

But I can't place tiles on half wall...
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 11:10 AM
Moved from Discussion to Create > Building, where builders will be able to give you advice.

Please do not post requests for cc. There is a sticky post of creators who are willing to consider requests in the WCIF forum.
#6 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 11:16 AM
I've had another idea. How about raising the height of the top floor walls using CFE. The room inside will be taller of course, but the windows should stay at their normal height, making it look from outside as if there is thickness to a flat roof.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monky91
Erm, I tried but I have built till the tallest possible (without any cheat) floor, which make me able to build half wall only.

But I can't place tiles on half wall...

You can't build a half wall once you've reached the maximum number of allowed levels. If you want to build a higher wall, you can use the constrainfloorelevation cheat. Build a one square column, with the required height, near your building and then place flooring strarting from that point. The roof should reposition itself to the higher level.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 11:25 AM
@crocobaura,

can u further describe hwo to do it or mayb link me to a sample of tutorial?

I have uploaded my house screenshot..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
#9 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 12:29 PM
Looking at that picture, I'd say the CFE trick would be ideal for that large airy room.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Looking at that picture, I'd say the CFE trick would be ideal for that large airy room.

Would u mind to tell me in detail?
thanks
dodgy builder
#11 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 7:44 PM
Raise the ground using the terrain tool to the hight you want. Put a 1 tile foundation on top. Level the ground around the foundation. This gives you a very high wall. Put a regular wall beside it to see if it is the hight you want.

Then you build walls on top of your foundation. When you reach the same floor as your top wall you raise your house to the same level as your colomn.

Take a look at this tutorial to see how you can do that. Look at the step 4 picture: http://modthesims.info/article.php?t=358677