Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 3:32 PM Last edited by Caecilie814 : 30th Aug 2014 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Wrong category
Sim gaining skills extremely fast
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a search and nothing came up anywhere. :/

Anyhow, ever since I started playing Sims 3 again, after what feels like half a year, I noticed that my sim would gain skills really fast. Like unnaturally fast. I know people always want quick skill gain, but he learns a new cooking skill after every second meal he cooks or so and is now at level 7. He also gained a whooping 3 handiness skill points by just repairing his shower once? Any other skill seems to rise quickly as well, but I haven't had the chance to let him learn that much yet. Is this normal game behavior or a bug?

(Just to clear things out his traits include; can't stand art, good sense of humor, great kisser, cat sim and ambitious and the only custom content I have in my game is the house that he lives in).

I know most people would love fast skill gain, but my sims live very long lives and I find it boring when it's this easy (bear in mind only 1,5 - 2 sim weeks have passed by now), so if there's something to be done about it I'd love to know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 3:39 PM
Is a sim a vampire? I read somewhere that there is a bug with the way skill increase modifiers are applied for vampires and that can cause they to gain skills at an abnormally high rate.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 4:07 PM
Wow, that's odd.
I don't know a fix, but there is a mod that will help

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486247
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 6:36 PM
@ chaosme - No, my sim is not a vampire. The only expansion I've got is Pets.

@ CherryRose - Yeah it is, I definitely have no memory of it happening so fast in my past games. Thanks a lot for the mod link, though, I'll definitely go have a look into that. :D
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 5:11 AM
It's a bug I've seen before, and I know AwesomeMod's "fixall" stops it... but I don't know of any smaller mods that will. Possibly NRaas Overwatch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 9:04 AM
Oh ok then. Makes sense I guess. Thank you all for replying, I'll definitely try out any of these mods. :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 3:34 PM
I use Nraas relativity mod. You can change each skill gain factor. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+Phase+Five
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 4:56 PM
It's indeed a bug, skilling bonuses that gets erroneously added and never substracted. Only Awesomemod ('fixall' command) and Overwatch (immediate>bonus skills cleaning or something) can repair that.