Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE 06-17-2005 - Clothes for my athletic guy + YA by Simsmaniac

by marvine Posted 27th May 2005 at 11:19 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2005 at 8:32 AM by marvine : update

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th May 2005 at 11:26 PM
Cinderella, no problem, I understand... Then I guess I'll have to work a little more!
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st May 2005 at 10:35 PM
WOW! Top and bottoms! I could make a lot of cool clothing now!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 4:13 AM
I guess there is a limit with the "Thankyou Button". It's gone! lol
We Broke It!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 8:04 PM
marvine, you rock!!! well done.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 1:27 AM
I'm not sure if it's already been requested.. but I'd love for a version of this body mesh for underwear, swimsuit, formal.. and so on. ^.^;; Umm.. please that is. XD
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 7:57 AM
Metalfenix, I love the sim in your avatar, the tattos look really good on him! :D

Lizzle, did you check the link in the first post? I made underwear, swimtrunks and another outfit before... I'm planning more of course, but it takes some time.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 11:21 AM Last edited by metalfenix : 6th Jun 2005 at 3:12 PM.
thanx marvine! The tattoos of the right and left biceps are the ones I have in the real life, and I made up the forearm's tattoos (But I'm gonna get one, maybe this month). It's a shame that I can't share that skin; I'll explain: It's a little modification of a hairy skin that I downloaded from TSR a long time ago, The tats were made by me, but that's all.

Ah, and by the way, I'll begin to make formal clothes using your mesh, I hope you don`t mind.

Keep up the good work marvine. :thumb:
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 12:03 PM
Er... Metalfenix? This is your self-sim, then? Or just kind of?... Because, um, wow! Did you make the outfit?

No prob, your can recolor and share as you like, as long as you put the link for the meshes here. Hey, I hope that you'll share!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 9:13 PM Last edited by metalfenix : 7th Jun 2005 at 9:16 PM.
jeje...just kind of, but without the guitar, the leather outfit and the face tattoo. I'm planning to get a tribal tattoo on both forearms, and the tats on the left & right biceps are exactly like mine. And I'm bald too :D

Yes, I made that leather outfit, but I'm going to upload it later, when I complete the entire set. If you wish, I uploaded some shirts recolors here, and one of them has the leather outfit, you can modify them if you like. the link is: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=67538

and don't worry, I'll upload the recolors based in your mesh as soon as I finish them, and of course, as you can see in that post, you will be given credit.

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Field Researcher
#35 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 1:37 AM Last edited by metalfenix : 9th Jun 2005 at 1:58 AM.
hmmm marvine? I got a problem, it's mainly with the meshes. I'll explain. All the formal meshes I've seen, comes with the jacket, and I want one without the jacket, using a vest. Here's an example in the thumbnail below.

Could you please consider it for a next project? I want an appropiate muscle mesh for that type of clothes. I thought that I could use your open shirt mesh, and it fitted well, but the open part of the shirt don't fit well, if it had the shirt closed, it would be perfect.
Screenshots

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 6:51 PM
Okay Metalfenix, I'll look if I can close this shirt, it should work... If it doesn't, would the closed shirt be okay for you? It'd just be an top, and the low rise pants mesh can be used for normal pants. Tell me!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 7:04 PM
Good idea Marvine!! It should work if you close the shirt in the mesh, and the low rise pants mesh would work too.And it doesn't matter if you make a top.

Thanx for the reply marvine! and I'll be expecting your mesh.
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marvine
Metalfenix, I love the sim in your avatar, the tattos look really good on him! :D

Lizzle, did you check the link in the first post? I made underwear, swimtrunks and another outfit before... I'm planning more of course, but it takes some time.

Ohhh! X.x;; Boy do I feel stupid. :sorry: Thanks! Finally got me a Buff Sim. ^.^;
#39 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 5:50 PM
<--- new here was wondering how you use these meshes in game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 6:08 PM
Cerebral_Kamikaze, these as clothing meshes, so as long as you download the mesh and at least one recolor, it will work like any outfit and will be found in Bodyshop, in CAS, and can be bought on community lots. These show up - um, at least in casual clothing... I think the full body outfits shows up also in formal clothing, I don't really have the time to check now.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 1:16 PM
Thank you. I like it. One Complaint too many win.rar's to open, I can not afford to buy the program cause I already have one the win zip, the win zip is better cause I can reinstal it always. Win. rar can not. Thanks anyway.
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:37 PM
Anglesims, this must be a problem since many people upload .rar files which are a little smaller... You should bo a search on the forums, many people have given links for free and easy to use .rar extractors, and they generally are able to extract many other formats.

Thank you for your comment anyway!
Test Subject
#43 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 9:49 PM Last edited by simsmaniac72 : 17th Jun 2005 at 9:59 PM. Reason: typo
ANNOUNCEMENT

I converted some of Marvine's clothing for YoungAdults. All I have now is the red open shirt, the white top, the black cargo pants, and the Worn Jeans. If there ones you've that seen you would like to see converted, just ask, and I'll do it!

Thank you Marvine for creating such a great mesh!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  5f36bf5c_MarvineAthYARed.zip (491.5 KB, 1934 downloads)
File Type: zip  5f1b05ce_MarvinesYAWhiTop.zip (136.3 KB, 1858 downloads)
File Type: zip  5fa66279_MarvinesYAJeans.zip (451.4 KB, 1859 downloads)
File Type: zip  5ffab78e_MarvinesBlkCargo.zip (314.4 KB, 1817 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:11 PM
... and a big thank you Simsmaniac for your work!

I put a link on the first post, okay?
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:55 PM
Thanks a lot Marvine!
Instructor
#46 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 6:58 PM
All I can say marvine is thank you, thank you, Thank You!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:50 PM
Thanks!

Hmmm Thinking....
#48 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 11:48 PM
I love this mesh! Absolutely fantastic in game. Would be great if there was more clothing, but I can live with that. Thank you!
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 12:06 AM
I have a lot more clothing. (see above)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Marvine'sOpenRecolors.zip (2.17 MB, 2069 downloads)
File Type: zip  Marvine'sSwim&Undies.zip (53.1 KB, 2169 downloads)
File Type: zip  Marvine'sTopRecolors.zip (268.3 KB, 2221 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 8:33 AM
Thank you so much Simsmaniac, I'll check this as soon as I get home!
Page 2 of 3