Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 9:32 AM Last edited by saphriel : 29th Jan 2022 at 11:27 PM.
Default (Solved)How to create/edit a default terrain replacement?
I've searched a lot and I haven't been able to find detailed information about this. I want to edit an existing default lush terrain replacement (the creator allows this), but I don't know where to start. Is this done in SimPE? I know the basics of recoloring objects, but I don't know if this works the same way. Is there a tutorial somewhere? Or if anyone even has advice on how to begin this (like how do I get to the texture files so I can edit them), it would be really helpful!

Thank you!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 10:40 AM
Creating content almost always requires SimPE. Defaults edit the original game resource. So for a texture default you would edit the textures inside of the terrain replacement package, using an image photo program (gimp, paint.net, photoshop).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Creating content almost always requires SimPE. Defaults edit the original game resource. So for a texture default you would edit the textures inside of the terrain replacement package, using an image photo program (gimp, paint.net, photoshop).

I understand that part, I'm just struggling to get to the textures. I tried doing it the same way I would with an object, it created a package but the option to extract the textures doesn't come up. I'm not sure how to get to them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 11:26 PM
Never mind, something must have gone wrong with SimPE. I reinstalled it and now the export option is back. Sorry for the trouble!