Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 2.8 (Updated Jan 31, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 19th Apr 2008 at 4:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:31 PM by Nysha

488 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 479 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 20
Lab Assistant
#451 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:09 AM
Default Question re: "building over a road" with LA
[QUOTE=Mootilda]Not a stupid question at all. There are a lot of tutorials which need to be written and this is one of them.

Lots which have been expanded "over the road" cannot be moved or placed in a neighborhood within the game, and therefore cannot be shared using the normal Sims2Pack method. This is because the game doesn't recognize lots where the road is not at the edge of the lot.

Let me give you some hints as to how to handle these lots:

1) If you are going to be expanding such a lot to the left or right, as well as "over the road", then expand to the left or right first, including the step to snap the lot to the neighborhood road so that the game will regenerate the roads correctly on the expanded terrain.

Once you have the road correctly placed left-to-right on the lot, you can run the LotAdjuster a second time to expand over the road. This time, be sure not to move the lot in the neighborhood within the game, or the game will attempt to regenerate the road on the edge (as you've seen).

2) If you want to move an "over the road" lot within the neighborhood, then use the LotAdjuster advanced option "move lot" to do this.

QUOTE]

Hi Mootilda.

Regarding the quote above (Post #177), I was trying to build an arched walkway across the road to eventually join-up with another building that'll belong to "my medieval castle". I couldn't place foundations atop the road so I created walls, levelled them to foundation height, then began the necessary steps to create the arched walkway effect. Everything turned out perfectly, until I wanted to level the road terrain to get rid of the hump that developed in the roadway when building the walkway. Will this still happen if I use the LA to "build over the road"? Will I be able to level the road flat in that process?

I'm also hoping someone might be kind and explain the procedures to create/move a roadless lot to create an inner garden square within the centre of my "castle". Eg. would be "Windleport by ingeli". (I'm recreating my medieval hood on her fantastic concept/creation). I don't quite grasp what needs to happen. I keep reading that lots cannot be placed or moved without a road in front within the posts I've read here. Or am I just misunderstanding them.

Thanks, to you and any that may reply. You are a fantastic creator .... luvin' the tools you are creating.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#452 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
Thanks, all your warnings (mainly corrupt lots) are making me worried more, but I might download it when I REALLY want a bigger lot for pre-made Maxis lots.
If you make a backup of your neighborhood before using the LotAdjuster, and keep that backup until you're sure that everything is working as expected, you shouldn't need to worry too much, because you can always restore from backup if things go wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by wawa180859
I was trying to build an arched walkway across the road to eventually join-up with another building that'll belong to "my medieval castle". I couldn't place foundations atop the road so I created walls, levelled them to foundation height, then began the necessary steps to create the arched walkway effect. Everything turned out perfectly, until I wanted to level the road terrain to get rid of the hump that developed in the roadway when building the walkway. Will this still happen if I use the LA to "build over the road"? Will I be able to level the road flat in that process?
You'll need to run the LotAdjuster twice: once to flatten the road and once to expand the lot over the road. For the first step, you should be able to just use the default settings, which will automatically flatten the road. For the second step, choosing "over the road" will automatically choose "allow uneven roads" (ie, don't change the elevation of the road).

Quote: Originally posted by wawa180859
I'm also hoping someone might be kind and explain the procedures to create/move a roadless lot to create an inner garden square within the centre of my "castle". Eg. would be "Windleport by ingeli". (I'm recreating my medieval hood on her fantastic concept/creation). I don't quite grasp what needs to happen. I keep reading that lots cannot be placed or moved without a road in front within the posts I've read here. Or am I just misunderstanding them.
You should be able to do this in one run; select "Add and remove roads", uncheck the roads in the left pane, select "Move lot" and specify the amount that you want to move the lot relative to its current location.
Lab Assistant
#453 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:12 PM
Before I download the Microsoft stuff... does all this stuff this work for Macs?
#454 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:14 PM
It does if your Mac runs Windoze....

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#455 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:51 AM Last edited by wawa180859 : 25th Jul 2009 at 9:54 AM. Reason: I didn't think my picture attachment would work .... I know, Such a Noob.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If you make a backup of your neighborhood before using the LotAdjuster, and keep that backup until you're sure that everything is working as expected, you shouldn't need to worry too much, because you can always restore from backup if things go wrong.

You'll need to run the LotAdjuster twice: once to flatten the road and once to expand the lot over the road. For the first step, you should be able to just use the default settings, which will automatically flatten the road. For the second step, choosing "over the road" will automatically choose "allow uneven roads" (ie, don't change the elevation of the road).

You should be able to do this in one run; select "Add and remove roads", uncheck the roads in the left pane, select "Move lot" and specify the amount that you want to move the lot relative to its current location.

Thanks Mootilda!

After several trials and errors, I finally got the interior section of the castle done. Now it's time for the outerwall section. While moving the lot, I did try to do it in the one step ... as you mentioned above. But I found I still had to enable shrink lot by -1 to get rid of the front road completely. Otherwise, I had a black "ghost" image of the road in the neighbourhood view even after entering, making the minor adjustment, then saving and returning to the neighbourhood as required. Next time, I'm going to try all three steps in one run. I didn't attempt the "over the road" action, since the mishapen roadway was taken care of when doing the first step you mentioned. I'm hoping that when I start the buildings for the outerwall section, my arched walkway will align nicely to the tower it is planned to attach to. Thanks again for the answers ..... plus to the General too.

Going to try to attach a pic of the progess so far. Being the noob I am, I hope it'll work (doubt it though).

Edit: Wow, the picture worked!!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#456 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:07 PM
i tried it and it said "the application failed to initialize"
help is very greatly appreciated
Site Helper
Original Poster
#457 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:54 PM
Do you have .NET 2.0 installed? Have you extracted everything from the zip file into a separate folder on your hard drive? Are you running the EXE from that folder? Which operating system are you running?
Lab Assistant
#458 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 3:06 PM
~squees with delight~ I had this big idea to package up some of the EA community lots and put them in my Anygame to modify to my hearts desire, and was worried when I downloaded this tool that it was going to automatically browse to my 'Full Game'... The squees of delight ensued when I found the 'Browse' button after clicking 'Start'... Now I can browse to any of my Anygame neighborhoods and adjust lots to my hearts content, and test them *before* I put them in my full game!! ~squee + Yay!! + happy dance~
I didn't see info about 'browsing' when I was reading the 'Lot Expander' tutorial - so many thanks for that feature!!

Off to renovate!!
Lab Assistant
#459 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 4:08 AM
I was just wondering, would there be a particular reason why a neighborhood would not show up on LotAdjuster? I mean, it shows the name, but when I click on the name of the neighborhood, it tells me there is no lots for choosing. Yet it is a nh that I play often, and it does have lots on it?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#460 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 6:22 AM
I've never seen anything like that before. I wonder whether you could attach the neighborhood package here, so that I could take a look at it. For now, just zip up the one file; I don't need all the subdirectories.
Banned
#461 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 11:56 PM
This is fantastic, I only just realized you can use it to move houses away from roads. It's very interesting to have a lot that is off the map, away from all the roads.
Test Subject
#462 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 1:13 AM
when i try to extract the .zip file it says "no files to extract" so how can i fix this because i really want the program.

note im installing pets at the moment could that somehow interfere (sorry bout bad spelling) please help

or can i download it without it being compressed????

please help.bye
Site Helper
Original Poster
#463 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 6:14 PM
I had no problems with the file when I downloaded and extracted it just now. So, you probably had an incomplete download. Try again.
Lab Assistant
#464 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 7:50 AM
Wonderful perfectly
Thanks,you is the best
Site Helper
Original Poster
#465 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 2:19 AM
New version V2.7 available: fixes a problem when updating the neighborhood terrain.
#466 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 6:52 PM
"New version V2.7 available: fixes a problem when updating the neighborhood terrain."
::nab::

Thanks, Mootilda!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#467 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 7:17 PM Last edited by SimSanta1992 : 25th Dec 2009 at 7:57 PM.
Default Compatibility with custom filename prefixes
Moin folks,
I haven't played TS2 for about a whole year (was more busy with working on a BTTF Mod for GTA:VC, but am now again for a week. I now had the wish to adjust the size of a lot, so I updated this tool to the newer version and ran it, having run into two problems:

On the list of neighborhoods mine didn't appear, so I chose browse and navigated manually to the file WAABS_Neighborhood.package and then chose my lot. Finally I configured how to enlarge and started the progress. But the LotAdjuster returned an error to me and said the lot was unoccupied and couldn't be modified.
But it indeed is occupied.

So I ran a batch renaming tool and replaced the prefix WAABS with N004 and retried -> Success: LotAdjuster showed that neighborhood in the list and the lot could be changed.

Now to my question:
Is there any possibility to make the tool compatible with custom prefixes in future? Cause for better organization I like to give them easy recognizable names (my nhood in this case is called Waabs) and the game has obviously no problems with them (but if I remember correctly, SimPE does).

Greets, SimSanta1992 aka. Mini-Me

If I was able to use img-tags here, you would see my personal 275px × 42px signature...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#468 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 10:17 PM
I had no idea that anyone named their hoods with anything other than the standard <letter><3 numbers> naming convention. I can certainly look into this.
Test Subject
#469 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 11:17 PM
wow! I loved that part!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#470 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimSanta1992
Is there any possibility to make the tool compatible with custom prefixes in future? Cause for better organization I like to give them easy recognizable names (my nhood in this case is called Waabs) and the game has obviously no problems with them (but if I remember correctly, SimPE does).
I've found the problem. Just a check for a "valid" hood prefix which expects 4 characters; I assume that it was added to exclude the Tutorial neighborhood. Should be an easy fix.

Can anyone tell me whether the Tutorial neighborhood is named "Tutorial" for all languages? If not, I may not be able to exclude the Tutorial neighborhood when allowing longer hood prefixes.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#471 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 9:20 PM
Default Version 3.1 released
Quote: Originally posted by SimSanta1992
Fixed in V3.1. Available for download here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384656
Site Helper
Original Poster
#472 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 8:41 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 1st Feb 2010 at 5:59 PM.
Default Version 2.8 Released
New version 2.8 now available. Resolves an error, "can't intersect other objects", which could occur even when there is no such object.

This bug has existed in all previous versions of the LotExpander and LotAdjuster. The new version of the LotAdjuster will avoid creating this problem, but will not fix any existing problems created by running previous versions of LE or LA.

If you currently have this problem on your lot, it can be fixed by using SimPE to delete the VERT (vertex layer) record within your lot package. The record will regenerate, but will only contain information for new objects, or existing objects which are subsequently moved.

Because of this, I would recommend that you backup before editing your lot package in SimPE and that you test thoroughly before sharing such a lot.

[Update:]
For anyone who wants more information about this bug, please look here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...293#post3041293
Field Researcher
#473 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:26 PM
Do you have a version of this program that can handle lots saved with the expansion called "the sims 2 store edition"?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#474 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 8:12 PM
I don't have the Store Edition, so I have no way of testing it. Could someone please backup their save game and try adjusting a Store Edition lot, then let us know whether it works. If it does, are you receiving a warning that your version is later than the LotAdjuster can handle? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#475 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:23 PM
How do i get this to work with the Base Game/ AnyGame Starters???

flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madelinep/

[{call me maddie}]
Page 19 of 20