Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 2.8 (Updated Jan 31, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 19th Apr 2008 at 4:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:31 PM by Nysha

488 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 479 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 20
Forum Resident
#101 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:04 PM Last edited by Winterhart : 8th May 2008 at 7:06 PM. Reason: add text
Default Zipped size of neighborhood
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The best thing would be if I could see the entire neighborhood, but I imagine that it's quite large when zipped.

It is 15mb zipped. Is there anything I can remove to make it smaller?
I don't think using LotAdjuster is causing the problem. The first time I got a corupted lot was before I ever heard of LotAdjuster.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#102 Old 8th May 2008 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
It is 15mb zipped. Is there anything I can remove to make it smaller?
Are you zipping just the one neighborhood and its subdirectories? If so, you should be able to remove the entire Storytelling directory, and I think that you *might* be able to remove the Characters subdirectory, since I won't actually be trying to play the game. I assume that there are already a minimal number of lots.

Is the problem in the main neighborhood, or in a subneighborhood? If it's in the main neighborhood, then I believe that you can also remove all of the subneighborhood packages and pngs.

Of course, do this with a copy... don't delete these in your actual game directory.

I don't think using LotAdjuster is causing the problem. The first time I got a corupted lot was before I ever heard of LotAdjuster.
I'm glad to hear that it's not the LA, but I'd still like to help if I can. I've seen a lot of these blue areas during my work with the LA, so I have some ideas about what can go wrong.
Forum Resident
#103 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:19 PM
Default Here's the neighborhood
I deleted the storytelling and character folders. Let me know if this works.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  N003.rar (1.53 MB, 5 downloads)

Site Helper
Original Poster
#104 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:12 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 9th May 2008 at 1:18 AM.
Default Corrupt Lot
I deleted the storytelling and character folders. Let me know if this works.
I looked things over in SimPE and couldn't spot any obvious problems. I had no problem running the game and seeing the lots, which are all at the "right" elevation (ie, no blue squares). I ran your lots though a debug version of the LotAdjuster, which checks for errors; it couldn't find any. (This doesn't mean that there *are* no errors, just that there are no errors which the LA knows how to detect.)

Next, I'm going to try loading the various lots and see what happens.

Is it possible that you have some bad custom content?

Update: I notice that the main house doesn't have a mailbox. I believe that a residential lot requires a mailbox to function correctly. Community lots require a phonebooth. However, I don't believe that this would cause the blue square.

Loaded all lots; made structural change; save and exit to neighborhood. No problem. Removed fence from all lots; no problem.

Removed roads from lots. Blue square where the road used to be (see picture). Resolved by editing the lot and making a structural change, then saving. I assume that this is not your problem?

OK, I'll admit it: I'm stumped. I can't seem to reproduce your problem and I can't see anything obvious that would be causing it.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#105 Old 9th May 2008 at 5:10 AM
Winterhart, did you go through the motions under this link?

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem

If it's bad CC, that will find it. Glad the Tab key helped.
Wiki Wizard
#106 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:34 AM
Just incredible useful, thanks so much!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#107 Old 11th May 2008 at 4:41 AM
1st, thanks, great app.

I have a problem and would like to see if anyone has an answer for. The LotAdjuster application window, on this PC, is truncated / clipped in half. The X for closing the window appears over the "ju" in "Welcome to Lot Adjuster" on the first screen, so something is resizing the window and cutting off the right edge.

Each subsequent window is also clipped in the same way. I have seen this in one other App on my PC, NovaStor's NovaBackup, but that window can be resized by dragging a corner, these windows are static so that won't help.

In LotAdjuster if I just press enter the Start / Next buttons have the focus so I have worked around the issue by just pressing enter.

I can see enough of the window to choose lots and then in
the resize window if I press Advanced it opens the window, and clips the advanced area to the right, allowing me to see the left side. (This tells me that if LotAdjuster had a resize option I could solve the problem by dragging it further open.)

I know it is likely NOT LotAdjuster, given I can see it on another app. But I've goggled myself purple trying various word combo's, with a -Vista as I'm on XP PRO, but I can't find any help there.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Is it related to .Net framework? (I'm 99% sure that Novabackup is a .Net app as well.)

Oh, and I am running the latest Nvidia drivers that pertain to my, now badly aging, 7800 GS. I have all of .Net installed from 1.1, with Hotfix, 2.0 with Service Pack 1, 3.0 with Service Pack 1, XP was last updated 4/30/08, all fixes and patches applied. (ie, Windows Update, auto turned off, was fully cleared.) I have no other known issues on this PC at this time.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. This and portals are really great apps, not to mention technically impressive. :}
Alchemist
#108 Old 11th May 2008 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VaSims222
I have a problem and would like to see if anyone has an answer for. The LotAdjuster application window, on this PC, is truncated / clipped in half. The X for closing the window appears over the "ju" in "Welcome to Lot Adjuster" on the first screen, so something is resizing the window and cutting off the right edge.
This sounds like a problem someone else had. Check this post for a possible fix.
Test Subject
#109 Old 11th May 2008 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
This sounds like a problem someone else had. Check this post for a possible fix.

Thanks for the reply.

First thing I tried was setting the DPI down to 96, I even have an on the fly utility for "hot swapping" fonts. ( XP lets you change some things without reboot but not the system font or the DPI.) The utility worked like a charm, as witnessed by the nice small letters on my screen, tried Lot Adjuster, no go.

BUT, when I read this post I did a "what the hell", and changed it through Properties, rebooted, and you guessed it, problem solved. A utility will change it on the fly for on screen fonts, etc, but I had to reboot to get it to change for measuring a frame.

NOTE: XP also changes the font on the screen after you change the DPI, but you have to allow it to reboot for it to change the measurement as well.

(Long explanation in case someone else makes the same mistake. )

Thanks again, sweet app! There are a lot of houses for download without driveways, this solves that nicely.
Alchemist
#110 Old 11th May 2008 at 10:56 AM
That's great, VaSims. Glad that was an easy solve.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 11th May 2008 at 6:30 PM
Default What's right?
Hi Mootilda,
I am having lots of fun with this. I almost have my neighborhood done. I quit trying to fit it to existing terrain and got out SimCity4. I had a little trouble with the fact that it reverses the layout.

I have a silly question. When I move a lot, how to I tell what is right and what is left. I'm dyslexic and have problems with that. Front and back are easy

Site Helper
Original Poster
#112 Old 12th May 2008 at 2:32 AM
Left and right as seen from the front of the lot. Imagine standing at the mailbox and looking out onto the lot.
Forum Resident
#113 Old 14th May 2008 at 1:52 AM
Default How do I do this?

Hi Mootilda,

I still don't quite have what I want for my neighborhood. I need regular roads and dirt roads. I can get all dirt with game mods but I still need some paved roads. Attached is a screen shot of what I mean. The roads that have willow trees in the middle of them need to be dirt. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and patience.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#114 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:41 AM
Winterhart: If those roads are attached to the lots, you can delete the road tiles (using moveobjects) and replace them with dirt terrain paint or tiles. Not sure what you will see in hood view then, but it might work.

If the road is not attached to a lot, the only way to alter its texture is to change the roads for the whole game.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 14th May 2008 at 5:46 AM
Winterhart: If those roads are attached to the lots, you can delete the road tiles (using moveobjects) and replace them with dirt terrain paint or tiles. Not sure what you will see in hood view then, but it might work.

If the road is not attached to a lot, the only way to alter its texture is to change the roads for the whole game.

Thanks for the idea. I tried that and the problem is that it does not show up in the hood.

Mootilda was going to tell me how to remove all the roads in the hood. Then maybe I could add back in the only ones I want?

Alchemist
#116 Old 14th May 2008 at 8:36 AM
Sorry, perhaps Mootilda will know a way to do that.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#117 Old 14th May 2008 at 7:32 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th May 2008 at 1:37 AM. Reason: Fix typo
I'm quite sick and not able to write a tutorial right now. Hopefully, a couple more days and I'll be all better.
Forum Resident
#118 Old 15th May 2008 at 2:25 AM
Default Get well soon
I'm quick sick and not able to write a tutorial right now. Hopefully, a couple more days and I'll be all better.

Sorry to hear you are sick.

Forum Resident
#119 Old 16th May 2008 at 2:11 PM
Thanks!, this looks like an interesting program [Downloads].

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#120 Old 18th May 2008 at 4:40 PM
I still don't quite have what I want for my neighborhood. I need regular roads and dirt roads. I can get all dirt with game mods but I still need some paved roads. Attached is a screen shot of what I mean. The roads that have willow trees in the middle of them need to be dirt. Any suggestions?
As far as I know, this isn't possible. You might have more luck getting an answer by asking your question in a separate thread. More people will see it and someone may have an answer.

Mootilda was going to tell me how to remove all the roads in the hood. Then maybe I could add back in the only ones I want?
How do you intend to add back roads after removing them all? If you're using HoodReplace to add roads, then removing the roads first is redundant and won't help you achieve your goal.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 21st May 2008 at 3:19 AM
Default I feel really stupid.
As far as I know, this isn't possible. You might have more luck getting an answer by asking your question in a separate thread.

Ok how do I start a new thread? I have been trying to figure out how to do it and I'm getting frustrated. I'm dyslexic and feel really stupid when I can't figure things out. Could you please tell me how with screen prints. Thank you.

Alchemist
#122 Old 21st May 2008 at 5:09 AM
Winterhart, try following this link to the Builders' Forum. Look for the "New Thread' button.

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
Forum Resident
#123 Old 21st May 2008 at 6:22 AM
Default how do I start a thread in the reserch and development disscusion?
Winterhart, try following this link to the Builders' Forum. Look for the "New Thread' button.

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Thank you, that worked fine.

Why can't I find the "New Thread Button" in the Research and Development discussion?

Alchemist
#124 Old 21st May 2008 at 10:24 AM
Because this discussion is just one thread, not a forum.
Instructor
#125 Old 28th May 2008 at 6:19 AM
Thank you a million times for releasing LotAdjuster 1.1!!
The only thing I noticed that seemed different from the previous version (if I remember well) after shrinking a lot: if I try to pick it up and replace it in neighborhood view I can't put it back down and have to bulldoze it, but if I enter the lot directly and exit again everything is just fine.
Image attached are the shrunken lots before entering.

Thanks again!
Screenshots

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Page 5 of 20