Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#7176 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 11:59 AM
I can be rather callous when it comes to my Sims, but I don't like it when pets die in the game. My Sims rarely get pets because I have a mod that limits pet wants only to those who have a strong interest in animals, I think, so that way I don't have to deal with dogs and cats passing away. But in Old Veronaville, it seems to be quite the thing to have either a bird or a womrat or both. Usually, I just keep an eye on them and make sure they get fed, and they're fine. If there's not enough money to feed them, they get set free.

I was playing the Featherlights, a family of four who I quite enjoy but who seem to constantly have money issues. I must not have been paying enough attention because after a while I noticed that Peanut Wigglebutt, the womrat, was upside down in his cage. Honestly, this has never happened to me before. Both Elvenia Featherlight and I had to mourn him. Then Elvenia's mother wanted to get a new womrat, which was named Mr. Snugglebutt, and I promise to keep a better watch on his food. Womrats don't die of other causes, do they, like old age?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#7177 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 5:52 PM
Sebastian Specter (son of Nervous and Bella), who is a Knowledge Sim, somehow got two lovers while I wasn't controlling him. I didn't think he was that much of a stud, but apparently he is. He's preparing for college currently.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#7178 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 10:59 PM
I've had the first marriage among the born-in-game Sims of Old Veronaville. Sprite Bramble married Zephyr Gossamer, and he took her name. She is Pleasure and he is Romance, but she may be open to an open marriage. Also, Zephyr's little sister hates Sprite and often hangs around the Bramble house just so she can start slap fights with her. Sprite has no siblings so it is up to her to carry on the Bramble family name.
Field Researcher
#7179 Old 17th Dec 2021 at 11:56 PM
Took my cowplant to university. Why didn't I think of this before?! This is great! Its first victim is this annoying professor who was flirting with my sim.

Later on, I'm going to pass it to a Servo so I can get rid of some repetitive old townies without having to extend a sim's life forever.
Test Subject
#7180 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 12:08 AM
I just terminated Pascal's pregnancy and then cheated a new pregnancy with my new Pollination Tech#10.
Forum Resident
#7181 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 12:50 AM
Weddings.
Nervous Subject (or Spectre as he's changed his name to in my game), who just became an elder, rolled a want to get married and proposed to his now husband Saturn. They had a quiet, private wedding immediately after.

Their roommate Piel-Divina Sulsul also wanted to get married, and thus proposed his now wife Champagne Neighbour. The two are elders and have only been together since their teens, so why not. They invited family members, their son Copernicus' new girlfriend Jill Smith, and also a teen named Julian Caliente (because I accidentally summoned him when looking for their grandsons who also have the last name Caliente).

At six in the evening the wedding turned into the birthday party of Nervous' and Saturn's daughter Supernova Spectre, who grew up to a child.

Broadway Larsen, or Broadway Stenbock as he is now, much like Nervous rolled a want to get married shortly after becoming an elder. He took his now husband Ville Stenbock to a restaurant to propose. Just before leaving Ville jumped into the hottub so he arrived at the restaurant in his swimwear, otherwise it could have been very elegant.

They married a day or two after. Family members and friends attended, as well as Chap Curious who Broadway had invited in right before I decided I wanted to throw the wedding that day.
Broadway's younger brother (and Ville's foster son) Link poked and shoved one of his sisters Savanna, leading the two to become enemies and culminating in a fistfight. Since Link was the aggressor all three times, they had to ask him to leave. I've no idea what happened between them, they've never had much of a relationship, but there's a stark difference between that and throwing hands at your brother's/foster father's wedding... Anyway, aside from that things went well. As the day rolled into evening people were hanging out outside, playing flipper, playing catch and soaking in the hottub. Savanna was in the hottub until six in the morning the next day, so all things considered she evidently had a good time, too.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7182 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 5:12 PM
It's wintertime in old Veronaville, so everyone is getting colds or flu. I had to institute a rule that teens got cured before they went to college or else I don't think I'd ever get rid of the sickness when they are all living in close quarters like that. I send them to the skating rink, which has a magical well nearby where they can drink the curative waters. There are a lot of teens heading off to college this round, so I'm trying to figure out how many I can stuff in one house together since I don't want to play dorms this time.
Mad Poster
#7183 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 2:24 AM
I was only able to add a few objects to my service center in my TOT game in Riverview City as I didn't have much tme to play.I did add a barn to my town landscape just before exiting the game.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7184 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 2:18 PM
Well, cold and flu season has turned into an outright plague. It's like playing whack-a-mole--I get one person healthy and someone else falls sick. There have been several deaths. However, in my head, Old Veronaville is set in a fantasy past. It kind of seems appropriate that a plague might sweep through every so often and reduce the population. Teens get cured when they're about to go to college, and they can take their family members to the healing well with them, so I hope to have the plague in check by the end of the next season.
Test Subject
#7185 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 7:05 PM
Brandi Broke gave birth to a baby girl and died by childbirth. Poor Dustin
Test Subject
#7186 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 7:24 PM
I just got to play the Grunts for the first round and while trying to figure out Ripp's OTH I had him tinker with the TV, which broke. He was then electrocuted while tryiing to repair it. Buzz lost to the Grim Reaper amd Ripp remained dead. Ophelia wants to ressurect him so we'll see if she chooses to go to college (and join the secret society).
Forum Resident
#7187 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 8:23 PM
I believe Ripp's OTH is Arts and Crafts, as it's always that in my games.

As for what's happening in my game Ripp aged to an elder last night with 20 days to live. He'll outlive his wife who's scared of him dying. Johnny and Zidane also became elders with a large gap in remaining life duration. To put it simply, after I'd finished playing them, Johnny had 16 days remaining and Zidane had 24. To pour more salt into the poor guy's wound, his sister will be dying on the same round as Johnny... ouch. Fortunately, that's a way off yet!

Lola and Kristen passed away of old age. Both in Platinum. A random townie Lola was sleeping with died of starvation after getting heatstroke... that was fun...

Field Researcher
#7188 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Well, cold and flu season has turned into an outright plague. It's like playing whack-a-mole--I get one person healthy and someone else falls sick. There have been several deaths. However, in my head, Old Veronaville is set in a fantasy past. It kind of seems appropriate that a plague might sweep through every so often and reduce the population. Teens get cured when they're about to go to college, and they can take their family members to the healing well with them, so I hope to have the plague in check by the end of the next season.

Hrm, I've never had somebody die by illness. Is it from letting hunger get too low?
Instructor
#7189 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 2:03 AM
Well at the moment I'm debating what to do, because I'm doing the test of time challenge and it's DAY ONE and Deebee (the first female) is pregnant so her needs are dropping like mad and if she doesn't eat soon she'll die, but none of the tomatoes are grown yet and the only fish caught is too high cooking skill...and I'm not sure she'll last long enough to catch another fish. So, I'm not sure if I should cheat because I don't want to lose someone on the very first day...Maybe I should've waited to have them woohoo until they had some food
Scholar
#7190 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Hrm, I've never had somebody die by illness. Is it from letting hunger get too low?

I have a few mods that make sickness much more deadly. Death is related to how much the Sim is active, so they shouldn't do things like go to work. They can get better by staying off their feet, but a lot of Sims won't do that. I've also noticed that younger Sims seem to get better quicker, but maybe that's because they're willing to sleep more and relax on the bed.

Also, flu is highly contagious, so they just pass it around their family members and on community lots. Veronaville has decided to ban the plague at all public lots but the one with the healing well, of course, and the general store.
Field Researcher
#7191 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 5:25 AM
While at university, Xavier Smith (son of Johnny) got caught cheating on the cow mascot with the cheerleader. And got smacked in the face with that silly hoof!
Scholar
#7192 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 11:36 PM
The second baby of generation 2 in Old Veronaville was born to Evelina Featherlight and Francisco Arlecchino, who are engaged but not married. The baby's name is Griffith Featherlight. They had an unusual engagement. While Evelina was in college and Francisco was still in high school, she invited him to an on-campus party, drank too much beer, and drunkenly proposed--and he accepted! I didn't know if the engagement would stick after he grew up to young adult, but it did. When Francisco got to university, they fell in love and were steady partners until graduation, when they moved into a starter home together and Evelina immediately got pregnant. Tragically, Evelina's parents both died of the plague, so she has no inheritance, but she does have a younger brother, Ensley, who is a gay Romance Sim currently in college and going hot and heavy with Happy Summerdream. Francisco's two brothers--one older, one his twin--are both bachelors who live with his bachelor father.
Forum Resident
#7193 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 8:09 PM
Amanda Lothario got given a dog for the Toy Dog Pen called Spot. It refused to eat and got taken away. Since the dog was a small pet, I couldn't train or control it.

On a weird note, after the death of her lover, Todd, many rounds ago at this point, Isabelle began hooking up with a young adult called Aiden Bui. Amanda was a child back then and is now a teenager and won't be going to college until next round. She hadn't had her first kiss yet, but this round, she did... with Aiden... the guy her mother is sleeping with!

So this man is having intimate relations with a woman and her teenage daughter... Too much even for my game! It's not a glitch by the way, I think it's Wild Child that allows that, but I forget until it's too late

Mad Poster
#7194 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 9:05 PM
I've been into my TOT challenge again to set up the homestead for my first colonial settler couple to arrive in town.I still have more to do in the home lot before making my couple to move in.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7195 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 10:22 PM
Chloe put a toaster pastry into the oven and went to work, none of the other singles bothered to take it out so it started a fire. Kristen was on her way to the phone but then cancelled the action to run back to the fire. It ended with all four singles dying (the fire was still going when Chloe came back from work) as well as a random townie that happened to run inside.
Mad Poster
#7196 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:00 AM
I was in my TOT challenge testing out new installs.I've also added things to both lots.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7197 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rwks-mith
Chloe put a toaster pastry into the oven and went to work, none of the other singles bothered to take it out so it started a fire. Kristen was on her way to the phone but then cancelled the action to run back to the fire. It ended with all four singles dying (the fire was still going when Chloe came back from work) as well as a random townie that happened to run inside.

Never had a random townie die on me. That's hilarious.
Mad Poster
#7198 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 12:20 AM
@rwks_mith -That's why I only allow sims with three cooking skill points or higher to own stoves,microwaves or toaster ovens and a fire sprinkler is mandatory next to those appliances.Homes don't get stoves for newcomers with no cooking skill though they can own a fridge and a food prep space like a counter or OMSP version.
Test Subject
#7199 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 10:57 PM
i forgot about cassandra so she died and now i want to revive her so she can get married to her fiancée who dresses as a llama. and alexander goth just got engaged to his girlfriend aka a sim from the Black household (a family i created in cas)
Mad Poster
#7200 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 9:15 PM
I got another firdge added to my service center and added a few things to my home lot.I was in my TOT game in Riverview City editing the lots again.
Screenshots
Page 288 of 350