Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7201 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 11:32 PM
Batty Neighbour started getting the Strangetown library. The furniture and stuff people around town have been donating have added up a bit.

It's starting to come together quite nicely, with room for expanding.

Gary Walton and Buck Grunt were the first to visit the inside of the library.

Batty tends to the library approximately between 8 and 2, to spend time with his son Froggy when he comes home from school.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#7202 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 1:10 AM
In Strangetown, Sora Shepard got married in a small apartment. I didn't know you had to book the honeymoon in advance, so I just had them go on a normal, but quick, vacation. This is that "favorite daughter" I mentioned in another post. I just love 'er to pieces. They had a roof raiser wedding party. Also pictured are her parents, her little sister, and uh... some guy from a neighboring apartment (it's Aldric Davis). I would've invited her older sister as well, but the apartment had a maximum of 4 guests.

But thankfully they moved back into her parents' place after.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7203 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 1:29 PM
Not actually playing the game so maybe this might be better for the random thoughts thread, but I was thinking of starting a neighbourhood "from scratch". I'd start off with maybe 4-5 "tribes" (households) With 4 males and 4 females in each household, and then move them into a large lot with nothing at all and let them live from the land.

I want to see how long it will take for them to get the money together to build houses etc. And I'd try to play each household strategically different and see which tribes thrive and fail.

They'd have to start off digging holes to get enough money for crops, and then advance to animals maybe? But also I remember trying to do this before and sims would pee themselves and then refuse to do anything because their hygiene is low. That got really annoying in very large households. So I guess they might have to start off with very simple amenities? Its too bad you can't get sims to ignore certain needs lol. I might also start them off with a few of Midge's fruit trees - so they at least have something to eat and feed toddlers.

Also how many generations can my sims have within a tribe before everyone becomes related and they have to start marrying outside of the tribe? Because I don't want them intermingling too early on. If anything I wanted them to dislike other tribes at first, and have there even be a possibility of dying if they fight etc. Id have to have all sims straight at first, so that makes for only 4 couples per tribe. So I imagine by the 3rd generation they would have to start marrying outside of the tribe?

And how long can I keep all sims in 1 household. I have larger families mod so I think I can only have 50 sims... but I won't want that many anyway. I presume once the founding sims children have grown up, I'll separate them into different households? But what would that mean for their money situation? Maybe if I limit each couple to only 2 children max, and shorten their lifespans, I might be able to get 3 generations on 1 lot? I dunno. I imagine many sims might die of hunger, hail or lightening anyway at the start.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#7204 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 2:53 PM
I haven't played like that, so I can't give you much of an insight.
I think there are some paleolithic/tribal/medieval looking plumbing items, maybe that would be suitable for your game?

But with 4 couples in a tribe (assuming they are all monogamous) you'll probably need to open to other tribes after the third generation born in-game indeed.
* first in-born generation are children of couples A, B, C and D
* second in-born generation are grandchildren of two of the above (A+B, A+C, A+D, B+C, B+D or C+D)
* they are limited to have children with the only other option (for example, A+B are not related to C+D but they are but all the rest), which means you may already have Sims who can't match with anybody at all - so your households may not grow as much as you feared?
* third in-born generation are great-grandchildren of all the original couples, which does not mean they are related to each other but still it would get tricky.
You would need to open your tribe at that point, or add new blood.
Or, alternatively, use some kind of mod/item which allows them to inbreed. I think I can recall certain wedding arch for "convenience" weddings, which allowed polyamorous marriages and inbreeding and all that. I think.

To me limiting the number of children per couple in a tribe seems rather unnatural.
I would make sure I get the real sickness mod (and maybe start a little plague if their numbers get too high >:> ) and if they can't find a partner to procreate they would be naturally limited.

Not that I can help you much, but well, that's what I could think of
Mad Poster
#7205 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 3:49 PM
Thank you @Amura that was really helpful. I'll have a look at some plumbing options. I'm hoping I can find a way for sims to bathe in pond maybe? And providing each household with a pond, then they can go fishing too.

Yeah I don't really want to limit the number of children because it doesn't make sense (ideally I'd just have risky woohoo chances at like 80%) but I also don't know what to do with households otherwise because I don't know if my laptop would be able to handle 20+ sims and a large lot. Maybe I'll start them off into smaller households sooner?

Really I wouldn't want them to be monogamous either until they start having enough money to build actual houses and split off into smaller households. Then they can have arranged marriages for resources etc. But also I don't want them all to be related through step-family, I figure it will be too confusing for now at least.

Maybe I'm making this too complex for myself lol

Theorist
#7206 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 9:14 PM
There's a waterfall shower (like literally a natural waterfall Sims can shower in) somewhere and those bush-toilets that were ported over from Sims Castaway, I believe.

Edit: Waterfall shower: https://modthesims.info/d/275659/wa...of-rocks-d.html

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7207 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 12:30 AM
Thank you! That was the kind of thing I was looking for. Ended up just sneakily putting a normal shower on the lot and hiding it with some wall flowers lol.

I decided it would be better to just do it without strict rules. I made 4 male sims, 4 female sims. Started them with $0. I didn't restrict their amount of children or even make them monogamous (though a few fell into natural couples). I played 2 and a half seasons. It was going okayish - like hard but not unmanageable. Then the first set of babies came along (triplets from 1 sim, then a single birth a few hours later from another. Same Father) and all my sims just wanted to flock to the babies constantly. Then they ran out of food. Then it became impossible. Makes me wish I had downloaded a certain infamous mod.

I ended up rage quitting. All adult sims are in the red, they have just about enough food to not die but not enough food to stop complaining all the time and getting nothing done. It's not over yet though. Next time I play i want to finish the season and a half left and then make the second tribe and start it all over. Hopefully I've learnt something and the next tribe will be more successful. I'm going to try and put a lot more effort into having sims do stuff in shifts and not speed things up (my game is on '3' about 75% of the time) as often so I can better control things.

Mad Poster
#7208 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 6:05 AM
@Bigsimsfan -I'm also starting out in a very similar style with my PEC and TOT challenge though with only one couple and other couples arrive over time after about a year.I'm also using camping stuff from HERE
Field Researcher
#7209 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 11:38 PM
The last week I return to play Sims 2, mostly doing some random parties for the New Year’s Eve, I love to match some characters and let them meet up and star new relationships while I discover some townies or other Sims that I missed in my rotations. Happy New Year to all!

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Mad Poster
#7210 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 11:31 PM
I was testing newly installed CC and happened to load my TOT challenge town up.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7211 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 3:41 PM
Olive is close to finishing her spell to bring back Ichabod Specter. (I use a custom life length mod so I recalculated all the Sims "lived days" into the new system which made Olive 59 years old (so she's had a few more days to kill).

Each stone represents a ghost type:
Lerato (Red/Fire)
Earl E. (Yellow/Electrocution)
Luc (Blue/Drowning)
Ophelia's fiancé River Smith (Pink/Fright) He got scared while getting up to grab a bottle for their son.
Danielle (Pale Blue/Starvation)
Marion Almassizadeh (Magenta/Hail). Tried to spend the night, got scared, decided to leave, got hailed on.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7212 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 9:46 PM
For various reasons, I did not want to play one of my big hoods today.
I started a new hood instead, and made one married couple (the idea was to keep myself busy for an hour or so, because I had an appointment. Which was then cancelled).
My Sim family now has 5 (the eldest one is single, then 2 sets of twins) kids. She did not even have the time to start a job. And, when I finally left the family around 15 minutes ago, she was puking in the toilet. Which may be the 3rd set of twins.
I am intrigued. Despite all the families I have played over so many years, and the plethora of twins I have raised, I have never seen a family growing this quickly. It literally took 17 Sim days. (I have ACR, but I also have had it for years).
Now I am tempted to play on and see what happens with these 5 (or 6, or 7) kids - marry them to townies, and see where it ends.
(Of course it may not end soon).
Whatever I carry on or not - I had a lot of fun today
Field Researcher
#7213 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 11:12 PM
I wanted to adopt this specific stray cat, but it kept summoning a little dog as the walkby instead. I forgot to lock the door to the house, which I'll get to in a moment. So I decided to summon all strays via cheats. Total chaos ensues, lol. I used the mom and son to shoo the pets out of the house before they destroyed the furniture. Finally got the door locked, and began chasing them off en masse. Meanwhile the dad spent the whole time building relationship with the cat.

Moving over to Pleasantview, Herman Goth is preparing for college, and I'm excited to finally get started on the Pleasants.
Instructor
#7214 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 11:16 PM

Moke and Io Hebb just had their second set of twins, and they're both boys again. This puts the babies born total to 2 girls 7 boys. But I bet that Ganan and Degakuk are happy to have little brothers just like them.

Also considering looking for a diaper default.. it wasn't bothering me before but it's starting to a bit now.
Forum Resident
#7215 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 3:08 AM
Goneril Capp's family was interesting.

So, maybe a round or two ago now, Goneril started an affair with Guy Wrightley for some reason. They were quite discreet about it until they decided to woohoo in the photobooth during an outing that included Albany. Naturally, he caught them and was understandably livid with his wife and her "boy toy." He didn't know what to do; he loved her, but clearly they had drifted. Leaving her meant leaving security, money, and his children, which wasn't exactly something he wanted, but clearly this marriage wasn't going to work out.

The reveal occurred last round and Albany was still debating on what to do with himself. Try to make things work with Goneril, or leave.

The doorbell rang and Miranda kindly offered to answer it, which she did. Unfortunately for Albany, this particular guest was the last person he wanted to see. Guy Wrightley, the man who had been courting his wife behind his back, the man who had the nerve to sleep with his wife in his vicinity, the man who painted him as a fool.

Guy awkwardly asked if Goneril was home to which Miranda told him she was at work. Albany just shook his head and sat upstairs, not wanting to be around the man any longer.

Hours had passed and Goneril had returned home; she sounded happy with this Wrightley fellow and it made him sick to his stomach. He really did feel like a fool.

Even in his own anger, he noticed that it had become quiet and left the room to investigate. He was greeted by the screaming of his family and smoke. Panicked, he ran down the stairs to see the dining room up in flames; Goneril clung to the table in what appeared to be blind panic, Miranda was shielding Ariel in one of the corners, and Desdemona was gripping Hal for dear life, the former crying and the latter looking out of it, almost like he was tuning the events out. Albany was shook out of his thoughts by the voice of Guy Wrightley, who had approached him carrying an injured little girl, a classmate Ariel brought home, Rina Grunt. He hurriedly told Albany to call the firefighters, while he tried to get everyone out, which he simply nodded in response. He was in no position to argue, it was either follow orders or watch his family die, and he didn't want that.

He called them and they said they'd be there as fast as they could. Meanwhile, he didn't want to be a sitting duck, so helped Guy evacuate his family. They had minor burns, but nothing untreatable. Then it got to the final member to save, Goneril. She wouldn't let Albany touch her, so Guy had to help her out while he stood and watched; the flames keeping him company. He stood there for what felt like hours as he watched the flames catch up to him; he was entranced. He heard Wrightley's voice calling to him, but he ignored it, he watched as the flames consumed him and the entire room.

Hal watched helplessly outside as the firefighters finally showed up to help. He couldn't believe it when his father and that Guy Wrightley were pronounced dead. He watched as his mother collapsed to her knees, screaming in anguish. He knew it wasn't for his father, but the other man and he didn't know how to feel about it; he felt numb. Desdemona cried into his shoulder, while Miranda tried to comfort Ariel, who was more bothered by the fact that she peed herself.

It took some time for everyone to settle down. Hal had gone to bed, as had everyone else. He awoke a couple of hours later to get a snack as he was starving, ravenous even. The sight he was greeted with when he entered the kitchen made him panic. Desdemona was unconscious on the floor next to the kitchen counter, on top of it a bowl of Mac & Cheese. He hoped that she had simply passed out, it had been a very exhausting evening, but then the Grim Reaper came into view, spelling out her fate for him; she died from starvation not too long ago.

He didn't want to lose another family member that night, so played a game for his sister's life. Fortunately, he won and he was thankful for that. Desdemona was in shock for a bit, but with her being a Knowledge sim, she found it a fascinating experience, one she didn't wish to have again

They're still trying to heal.

Got carried away with how I presented the event, but it was fun to write. A lot happened. I'm only on Wednesday morning.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#7216 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 5:13 AM
Greenman household - Rose makes friends with several sims including Ophelia Nigmos and Chloe Curious. They get some plantophic-c for the future just in case. Daisy learns a nursery rhyme and learns a lot of charisma with a bunny head. Jason turns into a plantsim via a pollen prank but it's what he wanted. Rose takes up painting. Jason is in the adventurer career and gets promoted to level 4. They both love little Daisy. Rose is now friends with one of the leaders of the wolf pack. Jason's brother Gabe came over very pregnant with his boyfriend Leod's baby and met his niece Daisy. He also has a thing for Rose. Rose and Jason had woohoo and now she's pregnant. And that was their turn this round.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#7217 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 7:41 PM
The only family in the hood is still getting my attention
One teen, working. Playful, but not at all nice.
Four toddlers growing up within days of each other, four kids jumping on their beds in perfect harmony. Playful, but nicer, in various degrees, than the eldest brother.
Not having played a single Uni YA for years, eldest brother is sent off to study.
Cheats in every chess game around campus, but does well, Fortune Sim, not lazy to do his part.
Meets a pretty girl whom he likes
and she CHEATS at chess
Plus: she beats him.
In the meanwhile, the kids grew into teens. first the one set of twins, then the next set. All getting teen jobs, for the family tends to be a bit broke at times, despite the father now an Architect. Mother is now thinking of getting a job as well (not that she had time before, raising all those kids).
Instructor
#7218 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 10:56 PM
Well. This happened.

I'm only on the second rotation so this is only the second time I've played the Bekanum family - the 5th family in my Test of Time Challenge. Gara was pregnant, but well... She had low hunger to begin with because she was sleeping all day, then on her way to the fridge had heatstroke and then her hunger drained the rest of the way. So once she woke up from the heatstroke she died on the spot. I tried to have Tarukekek plead but Grimmy said no. The good news is that they already had one child, a son named Yaluma. So they have an heir which is good, but that puts more pressure now on Yaluma to have a son of his own to continue the lineage since there's no spares.
That being said, I wonder if this just unintentionally bumped the household's chances of making emperor next stage, as the two of them can now focus on wealth until Yaluma is an adult, instead of raising hoards of babbys since Gara is dead and it'll be a while before any of gen 2 is adults for Tarukekek to potentially find a new woman. Plus, if the unevenness of male to female babies born continues, there won't be any extra women for Tarukekek that the males of gen 2 don't need, so he may not get a chance to remarry at all. Dunno.
Top Secret Researcher
#7219 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 2:54 AM
The Mann Household consisting of Lana Mann, Rich Mann, Junior Mann, Mary Land and Justin Land (Mary and Valentine Hart's child). Rich fishes as a hobby and Lana arranges flowers. Mary cooks and cleans a lot while also helping with her son Justin as Lana and sometimes Rich helps to. Junior doesn't but he does work hard at his criminal career. Justin became a toddler! And it's obvious he's Valentine's! But that's ok with Junior because they weren't as serious then and he feels a little guilty he's still seeing Candy, but not enough to stop. Don't tell Mary (or Rich)! Rich is still seeing Candy too for that matter, dont' tell Junior or Lana! Lana and Rich are glad Justin isn't Junior's and that it's obvious so (some) people can stop whispering about Junior since Junior and Mary aren't married yet. Junior's name is clean, though they do worry they'll mess it up before they manage to get married. Mary doesn't care if people talk about her. She loves Junior and Justin. Mary invites Valentine over to tell him it's over between them, he respects that, and that they have a son, who he is happy to meet. Candy shows up right before Junior and Mary's wedding! Some stolen kisses with Junior and Rich, and then she's told she needs to scaddadle because wedding. The wedding was a huge success. Justin learnt all of his toddler skills and Junior reaches level 6 of the criminal career as a bank robber. That was their turn for this round.

The Goodie Household - Herb takes up painting and Coral takes up sewing. They make friends with passerbys, which includes Bella Goth who Herb is very attracted to. Herb's secondary aspiration is Grilled Cheese so he makes sure to get 2 cooking skill points. He asks Bella Goth on a date downtown to lost in love hedge maze! He just lies to Coral about why he's going out. Herb and Bella, who I forgot is pregnant with Mortimer's baby because she's not showing yet but she threw up a couple times, kiss, makeout, woohoo in the photo booth and get cheered on. It was a dream date. Even with the puking. They fell in love. Coral calls up Mary-Sue and Lilith to make friends with her family. Angela won't be forgotten, don't worry.

The Goodie Household - Faith takes up gardening and Herbert makes toys. They are madly in love. Faith's OTH is cuisine so she learns how to cook better. They adopt a toddler I made for adoption, Hector! Hector is Aries 6 / 10 / 7 / 0 / 2. Little Hector is very loved and taught his toddler skills.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#7220 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 6:59 PM
The YA, the eldest child of my only family, has been abducted and is now a member of the Secret Society, soon to graduate.
The first set of twins are on their way to Uni, and the second set will follow shortly after.
In the meantime, they went to the Far East and learned to do Tai Chi and all of them can bow.
Mad Poster
#7221 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 10:21 AM
I've tried to load my game up just a short while ago and I've got pictures of what happened.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#7222 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 8:53 PM
I´m playing again and it´s so much help to use my old notes (some from 2013!) in order to remember whats going on and some over-arching themes and family quirks.

This time in the rotation I´m on Essex-road and next in line is the chaos-family... Six children, from teen to baby and two parents working full time in order to provide some quality of life. If they were to ask the children's wealthy child-free aunt that live next door she would be happy to take some of their financial burden, instead of thinking about buying a vacation home, but apparently is asking your younger sister nothing close to possible. One child is struggling with grades, all of them are exhausted and no-one is particularly nice (personality points, they do seem fine in social situations in other households). And adding to this they might have to bring the children's cousin over since he is quite neglected by his parents who instead focuses on career and gardening.. Anyway, time for one of the teens to plan a baby-birthday party!
Forum Resident
#7223 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 3:24 AM
With Wanda and Stephen Tinker's oldest in-game born/adopted kids becoming adults and moving out, they had room to adopt three more kids to fulfill their wish of having ten children. Over the span of three days they adopted as many children: Rosmarie, Tyra, and last but not least Irma (who could almost pass as their biological daughter).

Once Irma had become part of the family, Stephen and Wanda both got into a platinum mood that lasted for the rest of their lives - that is, until 6 pm the same day, when the Grim Reaper and the hula zombies came to collect them while the whole household was hanging out in front of the house, and Stephen was in the middle of teaching Irma to study.

Poor Irma, so far her only memories are: Wanda died, Stephen died, Inherited money from Wanda, Inherited money from Stephen. She fell into aspiration failure, as did Rosmarie and their youngest older brother Antoni, who had just started crawling his way out of a previous one.
Rosmarie dealt with hers by starting fistfights with her two younger sisters, one right after the other. I didn't even know children could have fistfights until now. She won both of the times so now Tyra and Irma both loathe her. Some random adult townie passing by stopped to watch.

"So... I guess these three troubled kids we barely know are our responsibility for now, huh, bro...?"

I am Error.
Instructor
#7224 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 3:54 AM Last edited by CASnarl : 10th Jan 2022 at 4:12 AM.
Well I'm about to enter a world of hurt in my TOT challenge. I'd like to preface this with saying I do not have the Triplets & Quads mod, so I figure this has to be a glitch or a mod-conflict of sorts.
Nen Pulu was pregnant and went into labor, and I got a popup saying there was a new baby. One new baby. She gave birth to a girl, who I named Ue. She put Ue down and then waved her arms, then went into labor again! The popup appeared again saying there was a new baby, this time a boy named Nago. She put Nago down, AND WENT INTO LABOR AGAIN!
At this point I realized okay, this is not normal this has never happened before and started googling, while Nen proceeded to have more babies. She had 4 in total: Ue, Nago, Tag, and Kuga.

I have it paused right now and am not sure whether I want to quit without saving and hope she only has one baby if I reload, or if I want to just be like welp this is what the sim gods decided maybe Nen was cursed or something and try not to pull my hair out. I'm gonna think about it for a moment or two but I'm kind of feeling like I have to keep them now.

Has this happened to anyone else?
The only new mod I added recently was children can walk to community lots, which I can't imagine what that would have to do with too many babies.

EDIT: I quit without saving, as I'm kind of curious to test now if I reload if she'll do it again.
Mad Poster
#7225 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 4:22 AM
This is a known glitch and it sometimes goes on for a very long time. It happens randomly so unless this happens consistently with births there's no need to troubleshoot it. Quitting without saving and starting again usually resets whatever's wrong. Don't forget to roll the pacifier again if you quit the game rather than simply the lot.

The only time this ever happened to me was during my Genderswapped Uberhood Challenge. Female Vidcund was giving birth on endless loop, the kitchen had caught fire, the teens were coming home from school, and suddenly the children were there, too, two hours before their school let out, and I got a pop up about getting Fs and the social worker being on her way, which was what made me decide to quit without saving. Even for an Uberhood Challenge, that was a lot of drama! Next play through there was no fire no glitches.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 289 of 349