Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 10:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Please Wait never ending in SimPE
I can't load any of my neighborhoods in SimPE because it never finishes loading. It's stuck on Please Wait at the very bottom of the screen. This only happens on my laptop, not my work desktop. I have waited for twenty minutes on the laptop while it loads within a minute on the desktop. Even with the difference between NVME and a regular SSD shouldn't have that much of an effect...

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 1:08 PM
Try loading it in localmode.
Add -localmode to your SimPE shortcut and the program will open with none of the file tables loaded. Once it has loaded, you can re-load the filetable at any time through the preferences.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try loading it in localmode.
Add -localmode to your SimPE shortcut and the program will open with none of the file tables loaded. Once it has loaded, you can re-load the filetable at any time through the preferences.

This worked!

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000