Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 4:37 AM
Playing the long game
Hi everyone, this is my first time looking into mods for The Sims. I have the Sims 3 with a couple of the expansions.

I always like extending my sims lives (i think in game is ~960 days max). Unfortunately this makes the game exceptionally easy because skill learning and career progression don't scale with the extended lives.

Does anyone know if there is a mod out there that would scale those advancements equivalent with the scale of the sims lives?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm not really sure what to look for, since I'm new to the community, but I've tried searching around with no luck.

Thanks!
~Kiwi
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pomerinke
Hi everyone, this is my first time looking into mods for The Sims. I have the Sims 3 with a couple of the expansions.

I always like extending my sims lives (i think in game is ~960 days max). Unfortunately this makes the game exceptionally easy because skill learning and career progression don't scale with the extended lives.

Does anyone know if there is a mod out there that would scale those advancements equivalent with the scale of the sims lives?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm not really sure what to look for, since I'm new to the community, but I've tried searching around with no luck.

Thanks!
~Kiwi

Nraas Story Progression should help. I believe that once you change the lifespan you'll get a notification asking if you'd like to have adjustments made to fit the new ages or something along those lines. I'm pretty sure that the adjustments include career difficulty. Hope this helps :}
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 8:02 AM
NRaas StoryProgression for career scaling as said, but Relativity is the mod that covers the scaling of skill gains.