Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 12:57 PM
Default texture in lagoon
hi,
actuially try to create my first world and have quite finish terraforming, but have problem about lagoon texture.
in the picture below i circle 3 zone , variation between is the deep zone area (where the wter-deep-fog cover texture).
in zone 1 no fog, 2 a little and 3 much more.
where the fog appear the game render geometrical area (square, triangle..(green arrow on picture) and don't know if look like nice or not.
that some hour i'm in, and start to have brainlag with this texture...

so are you thinking it's ok, or should i did much 1 of the 3 option ? or something wrong ...etc ..

thx for help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 4:25 AM
It looks like you are using a square brush for the water shaping. If so, try changing to a round brush. Number 2 doesn’t look bad to me, but you might want to work on 1 and 3. Good luck with your project!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 9:25 AM
thanks for feedback,
i think i use only one brush...for all!!
(of course have change size..etc, but never the brush have the default one, mean is a circle lol ).
have to check that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 10:21 AM
it's a bit late for this world, but:
- first step i should did when have only the flat map, is to leveled all the area i work just up this lvl of water fog, for buypass this render problem,
- second, should work the underwater texture like montain texture (for relief renderding) (here i attempt to much of the fog and relief and not enough with base texture).

i see it now, sure that's not all, but it's a big deal (the second point).... next map should be better ....but have to finish this one first o) .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 10:15 AM
hi, did a long time .

i'm again on atoll and coral thing, finaly have something better than last attempt, i don't use deep water fog effect anymore, just try to copy real with texture.
maybe should use a very light lvl variation for add a bit off "darker" effect. so post some screen of my map. ( overview- detail and one without watre fog).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 4:43 PM
Not totally sure what you are trying to do here, and I would look at bird's eye view photos of some real coastlines to see how variations of water colors look. I will guess fairly subtle? And I would do an export and poke around a bit to see how much of this is actually seen when in the game? You may be working to this extent on something that may not be seen much if at all in the actual game? I would check it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 6:03 PM
i have 2 "major" difficulty, first is balance between "too much detail" and "enough detail" not so easy. second is to find a "good" method for a correct render result.
on my first attempt last year i did all at the same time (painting coral/rock on a precise level, and sand a bit under ) it's difficult. here i focus on painting. i see on different maldive picture coral often on side of the atoll, and sand is more on the middle, between there is a mix of 2 (sometime straight line sometime it's more "chaotic" ).

not sur if link work but there is some of my insipration here: https://fr.123rf.com/photo_46691237...n-maldives.html