Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 25th May 2009 at 8:15 PM
Sent my Scores!
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 26th May 2009 at 5:23 AM
Pux, for the two pictures of where the wedding will take place, do you want just two nice pics of the location or two pics of it with our couples at this place? Wedding party as in a formal wedding party portrait like we hire photographers to take or the wedding party together at the wedding? And do you know anywhere I can look for a bloody bridal gown since the only link here goes to a page that's no longer there.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#153 Old 27th May 2009 at 10:41 PM
We need more judge scores.

L Law, Yes!

Deatherella,
Quote:
For the two pictures of where the wedding will take place, do you want just two nice pics of the location or two pics of it with our couples at this place?

Just the venue, the place.
If there are any sims visable, I shall personally throw pebbles at your feetz!

Quote:
Wedding party as in a formal wedding party portrait like we hire photographers to take or the wedding party together at the wedding?

The Wedding Party, I'm thinking of Brides Maids and Grooms Men in formal wear (No, Bride nor Groom).

Quote:
And do you know anywhere I can look for a bloody bridal gown since the only link here goes to a page that's no longer there.

No, You could recolor a dress or search MTS for one.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Lab Assistant
#154 Old 28th May 2009 at 7:18 AM
Is anything going to be extended considering the site has been closed down twice? THere's no way I can get everything done in a day, I was waiting for a response to my question so I couldn't start on it until the site was back up and I got my answer.

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Scholar
#155 Old 28th May 2009 at 8:39 AM
Thanks for the answers, Pux.
I'm wondering about extensions, too, like L Law. Pretty please? I have to retake my pics -- since I guessed wrong. Which is harder than you'd think since I turned a community lot into a residence so I could have control over my sims for posing purposes and I already took out most of the cc that made those two lots work so I have to start all over with them cuz I think I deleted them when I"m done, I don't remember cuz . . . I'm sick. That's my biggest excuse for wanting more days to work on it. I keep[ falling asleep waiting for my game to load. and I can't type right tongiht either. I'm going back to my bed . . .

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#156 Old 28th May 2009 at 10:36 PM
I will ask Beeps for two days of an extention.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 28th May 2009 at 10:55 PM
RIII Scores and Comments!
PixCii- 40/45
Photo: 11/15
Story: 14/15
Rules: 15/15
Comments:
-I really like the Cassie, she seems to really like Hugh and Rose being together.
-Just Aaaw :D
-It must be said, Hugh and Rose are an adorable couple. Great job with the pictures, they look lovely.

Deatherella- 43/45
Photo: 14/15
Story: 14/15
-Lovely! And I love the doggy, from Resident Evil isn't it?xD
-Very interesting story! I like it.
-I found it kind of sad about the toddler and the dog.

L Law- 39.5/45
Photo: 11/15
Story: 13.5/15
-I loved everything. The babies are a cute addition to their family.
-Lovely couple! You make me wanna make gay sims now xD I'd love to see more details of the house though...
-Their house is adorable! Great job on it!

Overall Scores So Far and Ranks:
Deatherella- 129/135
PixCii- 123/135
L Law- 116/135

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#158 Old 29th May 2009 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
I will ask Beeps for two days of an extention.

Oh, kewl. Hope we get it. I'm working getting my pics done. Like a dummy I deleted everything that made a commercial lot into a working residential one, but for some reason I got it to work again with just that mailbox cc. Hmmm, wierd. I couldn't find the trash can anywhere so I loaded the lot with everyone in the catalog and left the commerical one on the lot, so maybe that's why my people showed up again.
So, soon, I think I might get that wedding to take place before the night is out.

And, judges, thanks for the nice scores and comments. Yep, it's a RE dog -- got if from here at mts2. And I was trying to keep the family in line with any and all other stories these Sims had been in in the past, so since my girl was playing RE5, went outside and got overtaken by other zombies, and then discovered her family was missing, I figured if she went back home there had to be some trace left of her family. I guess it's okay with me to have my seven kids missing but not the baby sized person in our real home. And he likes the dog so Molly had to be there, too. So, don't feel bad for Hunter -- he seems to be the only one still alive in post-apocalyptic Pleasantville.

Now that I rambled on forever -- cold pills, yayy -- I think I'll get back to my entry in game. Just came online to find some crowns that I lost on my pc somewhere. Being sick and foggy-headed is so much fun.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#159 Old 29th May 2009 at 5:23 AM
RIV has been extended to the 30th of May, thank Beeps.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#160 Old 29th May 2009 at 9:57 AM
Default Round IV - JJ deClone & Deborah Draiman
I have my pics ready, but I'll do the writing after I get some sleep.

is it ok if my free shot comes right before my wedding kiss?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#161 Old 29th May 2009 at 3:17 PM
Yes, that is fine. I only care if it's not there.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Lab Assistant
#162 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:43 AM
THere is no way I can possibly get this done in one day...*sigh* Besides that a one day extension just doesn't do it considering the site has been down 3 times. I'm sorry I'm going to have to drop out of this one unfortunantly, between trying to find a job and running back and forth on a daily bases I just can't do this in one day.

I am L...I am...Justice

Scholar
#163 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:16 AM
Hey, Pux, as much as I like my sweet free shot, I'm wondering if I should change it since you can't see any of the background behind those two while they are standing under the wedding arch -- just the stormy sky. There is stuff behind them but you can't see it in either of the pics. I have some pics of my bride coming up the stairs to meet up with her man I could switch to for the free shot, if it's okay with you? Don't know if it's acceptable to switch pics until judging starts or if a pic laid is a pic played.

Mad Poster
#164 Old 30th May 2009 at 10:27 AM
I'm so sorry! I've been without internet for the past couple of days, and now I really need to focus on using the internet to get my assignments done. There isn't any way I could get my entry in on time and still pass some of my assessment items at school. I had so much fun in this contest, and I'm really, really sorry that I can't continue!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#165 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:53 PM
After both L Law and PixCii have dropped out (I'm sorry both of you have had to drop out)...
Deatherella, you are the winner!
I will ask Beeps if you are granted a star.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#166 Old 30th May 2009 at 7:22 PM
I won? Well, thank you, Pux. I did want to win, but now I guess we'll never know if I would've had the most points or not. And Round V . . . . oh, I wanted it.
Gosh. I just came online to write in my story before the time deadline, too. Would you like to hear the wacky story of their wedding day in a thunderstorm? At least lightning didn't strike and catch something on fire until after the ceremony. You ever have a grooms man that was more interested in jumping in puddles than standing beside the groom? Did your bride look like she was trudging the green mile instead of the stairway to heaven (or feel like Princess Di without the train as she climbed a zillion stairs to the altar?) The stuff all my Sims on the lot were doing before, during, and after the wedding was so funny. Even some passer-by on the sidewalk did a dress twirl and joined the party.
I'm so disappointed that the other two contestanats were unable to get an entry in.
And, Pux, I did have a star before the change-over on the site. Just can't remember off the top of my head how they said they were going to be handled anymore. I think we get little thingies of some sort added to our avatar spots or something. Maybe someone in the know over at headquarters can tell us how it's going to work from now on.

Mad Poster
#167 Old 30th May 2009 at 10:43 PM
Congrats Deathrella :D
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 30th May 2009 at 10:53 PM
Yea, well done deatherella

I have followed this contest throughout, and it has been very enoyable.

PuX- 80's - You are a great host and you ran a superb contest, which is more than I can say about mine which is a bit of a no show so far :P

Simsimsims

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:10 AM
It was a fun contest time restraints are what killed me unfortunantly. I hope that there is another one I'd definantly join again. I could have had mine done if we got more of an extension the site was down for a bit when the switch was made, then it went down again and then the third time. Everytime I'd come on to look for stuff to finish with the site was down unfortunantly and that's what did it for me, i didn't drop because I wanted to .

I am L...I am...Justice

Mad Poster
#170 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:51 AM
Since this one is over, I saw my contest being approved, maybe you guys can join that :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#171 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:19 AM
Deatherella, I PM'd boolpropped and she said you -are- allowed a star!
Congrats!

Thank you, simsimsims!

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#172 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:35 AM
Thank you, Pux.

And thanks to everyone else for their nice comments.

Page 7 of 7