Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 4:23 PM
Default neighborhood view vs lot view for build objects
I didn't want to say windows in the title, because everybody would think I was talking about operating system issues.

I am trying to build a liveable/playable basegame tipi. The starting idea is to use speciality windows to make the tipi shape -- of course Numenor's wall windows gave me the idea.

I can make the lot view work. (Everything isn't perfect on my set yet, but it certainly can be.)

The neighborhood view looks awful. Apparently the game sticks the texture onto a straight wall.

Is there anyway to give this a real LOD-90 mesh? Does one in a package always overide a game default? (No, I haven't tried yet because if someone already knows this won't work, it would be nice to know before I spend a lot of time on it.)

Any ideas on other approaches to liveable tipis. Part of the charm would be the neighborhood view. Nobody wants ugly neighborhoods.
Screenshots

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Is there anyway to give this a real LOD-90 mesh?

Yes, there is, but explanation is not too detailed, sorry
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 9:54 PM
Thank you. I'll give that a try in a few days ... on a day I expect it to be quiet around my house. Hopefully I'll also have good simming weather -- cold, wet & blowing.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!