Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2009 at 9:23 PM
Default Incorporating LOD90 in Package?
In this Jasana says you might be able to incorporate the LOD90 info into the main package.

Using her info, I sucessfully made windows that show in neighborhood. I would like to incorporate the LOD90 into the main file, since windows are already confusing enough to the average person with the dual package structure (straight & diagonal). Adding two more to track together would be even worse.

Can anybody give me a clue of the general strategy that would be used to do this? I don't really understand how it all fits together, so I am clueless where to start.

Thank you.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th May 2009 at 12:14 AM
I think I already saw an object with one mesh and one LOD90.

Did you try to clone the GMDC, GMND, etc. So you has 2 gmdc, 2 shpe,etc, and you can "do" the tutorial?

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2009 at 12:53 AM
I can do the tutorial where I make 2 packages.

Since it is a window, I already have 2 GMDC, 2 shpe, etc. I could clone so there are 4 of each ... but what about the cres? Do I make 2 or is there something I need to do to make the LOD info fit in the existing one? I'm guessing that doesn't 'just' happen.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Instructor
#4 Old 25th May 2009 at 9:50 PM
If you already have 2 working packages - for example, 1st = straight window real-size, 2nd = straight window LOD90-size - you simply need to Extract all resources from 2nd package (the same way you extract GMDC as when using Milkshape), and then Add them into 1st package (using the same right-click menu). I believe it should work.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 3:37 PM
If you just want to make the same design viewable from the neighbourhood (rather than making a specific loD version) then this can be done (iirc) with 2 steps.

1. In the Shape, click on the Level of Detail Listing tab and change the value 0x00000000 to 0x0000005A.
2. In the Cres select Gamedata from the dropdown list and add a new string, in the name box type 15,90

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!