Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#9201 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 12:00 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 12th Jul 2021 at 2:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
Nevermind! Turns out, I didn't select Ambitions in the launcher and this is the expansion that brings us more baking goods variety for the toy oven I didn't know that and it is one of the few examples where expansion packs are related to each other. You learn something new everyday

That's one of the many reasons I hate that horrible launcher when they updated it for 1.69. I know you probably meant just having Ambitions unselected anyway, but I've heard people say it randomly forgets which ones you've selected in the first place.

So glad I kept a backup of 1.67 around lol.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#9202 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
That's one of the many reasons I hate that horrible launcher when they updated it for 1.69. I know you probably meant just having Ambitions unselected anyway, but I've heard people say it randomly forgets which ones you've selected in the first place.

So glad I kept a backup of 1.67 around lol.

Yes I did it on purpose this time Wanted to help my overloaded 100 baby save with using less expansions. But you are right, it is usually Supernatural for me which deselects itself from time to time. I usually only realize it when the save is already loaded and the message about "objects have been replaced" pops up. Than I need to restart everything and usually that means my time frame for playing is already used up for that day

So yeah, good for you to have a backup, for me there is no going back, I've purchased to many packs via Origin
Theorist
#9203 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 9:30 PM
If you have EPs downloaded, will all the items appear in the decorating catalogue or do you have to go to the collection files to find them all? It seems like if I go to find tables for example, I'll see my downloaded tables and the ones that come with the game and maybe a few from the EPS, but if I go into the EP collections I will see other items. I just wonder why and if they don't show up in the normal catalogue. I tend to use the same cheap object so maybe it's me.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#9204 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
If you have EPs downloaded, will all the items appear in the decorating catalogue or do you have to go to the collection files to find them all? It seems like if I go to find tables for example, I'll see my downloaded tables and the ones that come with the game and maybe a few from the EPS, but if I go into the EP collections I will see other items. I just wonder why and if they don't show up in the normal catalogue. I tend to use the same cheap object so maybe it's me.

I don't know about the Collections specifically as I don't use them, but I do know that EA had a bad habit of miscategorizing items throughout TS3's lifespan. You've probably noticed how a lot of things like plants or something got pushed into Misc Decor because they couldn't be bothered to actually sort it properly. In some cases, they were tagged with categories that don't even exist, so they wouldn't even show up.

Instructor
#9205 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 2:02 AM
Do outfit items, moodlets (outside of loves the cold/heat), and/or weight affect how susceptible to temperature a Sim is? I feel like I've noticed Sims that wear everyday outfits that I would otherwise consider winter outfits (such as leather jackets, sweaters, etc) seem to get the "sweating profusely" moodlet more quickly than other Sims. I would almost swear on my life that Lang Gwydd got the "sweating profusely" moodlet almost immediately after going outside in the summer, but I don't know what might have caused this.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Test Subject
#9207 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:22 PM
Do dishes at a buffet table have a limited number of servings per dish? What's the total number of servings? Is it different on residential/community lots vs resort lots?
Test Subject
#9208 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 7:10 PM
Is there a way to prevent trees from losing their leaves during fall & winter using Tempest? I am trying to make the more tropical and arid worlds more accurate to their real-life counterparts, and this is the only thing I can't seem to find anything about.
Test Subject
#9210 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
disable fall and winter in the weather selection for tropical worlds.

also not all trees shed leaves, i would imagine tropical coconut trees and the likes do not shed leaves.

I was afraid this was the only solution...

A shame, I still wanted to play in the Fall & Winter Festivals.
Test Subject
#9212 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are you sure Tempest could not remove the leaves? I remember I used Tempest before to remove the leaves from lots "after" fall. I'm sure it can also make it so no leaves would fall.

Yeah, I'm aware of the option to remove leaves after the fall season and I already have that setting enabled. Was hoping I had maybe over-looked another option to disable falling leaves altogether... Oh well...

I'll take a look at the html package you attached, but I don't think I'll use it if it affects ALL worlds including travel destinations. But thank you anyway! :D
Mad Poster
#9213 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bublehed
I was afraid this was the only solution...

A shame, I still wanted to play in the Fall & Winter Festivals.

Tempest also allows you to reschedule holidays. For the festivals, you could redesign your festival lots so they include the components of the fall and winter festivals that you are missing. Apple bobbing and haunted houses I can understand, but do you really require snowboarding in a tropical climate, for example?

What I do for my tropical climates is use two seasons, one short spring (hot and dry) and one very long summer (hot and wet)/ the other way around if working with more of a desert area, then move the winter holiday to summer just like northern hemisphere winter holidays would be in the southern hemisphere here in the real world.

When I want to get fancy, I also use Tempest to arrange for different weather patterns for the first half of summer vs the second half so as not to be bored by the exact same weather all of the time.
Forum Resident
#9214 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Can somebody please help me out with the mod for darker night skies? I know there is one so the sky isn't blue, but I'll be damned if I can remember where it is. I spent way too long on Burntwaffles' tumblr last night as I thought it was on there, but it isn't. Or maybe it is and I just didn't scroll long enough.

Sure thing, dunno which one exactly you're trying to track down but I'll link the one I use below.

Burntwaffles has a lot of lighting mods, but most of hers are tweaks to daytime specifically. The one I use myself is dDefinder's Outdoor Lighting Tweaks, which is here. Just a note, it affects outdoor lighting as well during the day but I honestly think it makes the contrast much much better and removes a lot of the horrible blue tint even during the day. The darker nights are in varying levels of intensity, so you can choose how dark you want it. It also comes with a more dynamic shadows component, making them more accurate to the time of day.

If that still wasn't what you wanted just let me know and I'll try to help track it down.

By the way, did you ever get a chance to try the camera tweaks mod Gar?

Lab Assistant
#9216 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:37 AM
CAS > under Accessories > What are the items in the last two rows supposed to be?

The second-from-bottom that just shows a mouth: I've tried applying it to various sims, but never notice any change. With the bottom row, at least it applies what I see in the picture. Thought I read somewhere the last row is supposed to be hickeys, added with a patch, but don't quote me.
Screenshots

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Instructor
#9218 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraBow
CAS > under Accessories > What are the items in the last two rows supposed to be?

The second-from-bottom that just shows a mouth: I've tried applying it to various sims, but never notice any change. With the bottom row, at least it applies what I see in the picture. Thought I read somewhere the last row is supposed to be hickeys, added with a patch, but don't quote me.

The mouth is the vampire teeth and as nitromon said the other is the vampire neck mark, it is supposed to a V I think. There is another set of teeth that came with Supernatural for the werewolves.
Top Secret Researcher
#9219 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 8:42 AM
In my quest to make my game harder, I realize that I must have a mod that causes the following. Every time a sim learns a recipe on the TV or on the computer, the recipe book ends up in the sim's inventory and I can sell it for the price it would cost at the bookstore. Free money, I don't want anymore. Any ideas before I start digging?
Forum Resident
#9220 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 4:28 AM
what do you/how do you get rid of shadows underneath a sims' nose I'm not talking about makeup I'm talking when you build it
Alchemist
#9221 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 5:32 AM
Is there a way to change the file path for the save game other than in My Documents folder?

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#9222 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 11:04 AM
You know that sometimes the consignment register is offering small/medium/large paintings for sale - these are random wall arts. But every time I buy one, the image is not positioned well on the mesh, it's always slid aside. Is it always like that in everyone's game, or just mine?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9223 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 11:34 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 8th Nov 2021 at 1:00 AM.
Why is MTS downloaded section change to awful? I can't filter downloads by their type
Also, what does Born to Cook LTR exactly? Less likely to burn food? Or there's more to it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#9224 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Is there a way to change the file path for the save game other than in My Documents folder?

@nikel23 In theory, you can link that folder via symbolik link as described here https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...p?topic=31665.0 or here https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=619347 (post #4). I cannot say how well that works or if there are any risks though. I had the whole user folder linked in that way for a while and didn't have problems.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9225 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 9:25 AM
@SneakyWingPhoenix I can filter just fine, do you see the sidebar? If you can't see it, check your script blockers, also test in another browser. Post in Site Issues if you have any problems.
Page 369 of 385