Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9226 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flora2
You know that sometimes the consignment register is offering small/medium/large paintings for sale - these are random wall arts. But every time I buy one, the image is not positioned well on the mesh, it's always slid aside. Is it always like that in everyone's game, or just mine?

This happens to me too, it's really annoying :/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9227 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 7:14 PM
Is it normal to Sim hung up after they answer they answer their call with expressed annoyance? They seem to be doing it too often.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#9228 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 11:44 AM
Hello. I got the WritenWord Mod by Nrass. A lot of my sims are currently write their first book according to the Nrass SP mod I have often to choose what kind of books they are going to write and change or accept the title. A lot of them are not professional writer themselves but they write as an hobby? (wow I couldn't think it was possible the sims 3 people has hidden hobbies I love this game)
My question is : Will all these books be purchased at the library? It will be so awesome if yes.
Thank you for replying me.
Alchemist
#9229 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Is it normal to Sim hung up after they answer they answer their call with expressed annoyance? They seem to be doing it too often.

Do you have the opportunity phone call fix? Sounds like the symptom of a bug from ITF.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#9230 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 10:00 AM
How can I place bookshelves in full capacity while only in build mode? (Not in live mode where you drag the books themselves...) I remember it happened once in my game, but not sure why or how...

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Mad Poster
#9231 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Do you have the opportunity phone call fix? Sounds like the symptom of a bug from ITF.

Huh. This could the be reason why. Thanks

Scholar
#9232 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
How can I place bookshelves in full capacity while only in build mode? (Not in live mode where you drag the books themselves...) I remember it happened once in my game, but not sure why or how...

There are mods. I use two. NRaas Debugger, which allows you to (in build mode) add books of a certain genre, or even all books (every one last book in the game!) and "proper books", meaning those that go in that specific bookshelf ordinarily. You can do it multiple times and get a filled bookshelf. Note there will be a ton of toddler books in it that way.

Other mod, SimsMx' Set Community Lot Book Type, you can find on this page. It could help you.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#9233 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
There are mods. I use two. NRaas Debugger, which allows you to (in build mode) add books of a certain genre, or even all books (every one last book in the game!) and "proper books", meaning those that go in that specific bookshelf ordinarily. You can do it multiple times and get a filled bookshelf. Note there will be a ton of toddler books in it that way.

Other mod, SimsMx' Set Community Lot Book Type, you can find on this page. It could help you.

Thanks. Will try these mods out. Still wondering how it happened without mods though..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Forum Resident
#9234 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Thanks. Will try these mods out. Still wondering how it happened without mods though..

I've never tried DebugEnabler for that purpose specifically, but I can personally attest to SimsMX's Community Lot Book Type mod. Used it in my game for years and it still works fine on current patch levels. Just thought I'd mention since older mods are always a gamble.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#9235 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 3:13 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Nov 2021 at 8:27 PM.
When building a high rise apartment, with ani's apartment mod, should I set the lot's type to regular residential or Apartment?
ETA: Also, how do I make an exception for a Sim with Nraas Overwatch (or ErrorTrap?) not to reset them?

Forum Resident
#9236 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 10:59 PM
Is it not possible to feed a townie toddler who is hungry? I think all the other options show up except for feed on floor but maybe if I add a high chair I can feed a townie toddler that way? Is there a mod that enables that option as player directed?

I am asking because my Sim who is the father saw his child in the library who is from a different household. And as he was bonding with his son, the child got hungry, but there wasn't any option to feed him.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Forum Resident
#9237 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 11:36 PM
In the sims wiki, when your sims is Germy you can ask health advice at Hospital. I do not have the option when I click on the hospital and lab combo rabbit hole. We're in Summer in my game.
That's a serious nonsense if our sims can't get help in some seasons when they are ill.
Forum Resident
#9238 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 5:40 PM
Personally, I have not ever heard of asking for health advice from the hospital concerning the germy moodlet. However, there is an option to ask for medical advice from a doctor if the Sim is pregnant. Likely an Ambitions feature which added on to the Medical career with some profession job duties and social interactions.

Anyway, Sims can go to the hospital to receive a flu shot which will last for the rest of the season according to the SimsVIP Seasons Guide. There is also a LTR called Simmunity which prevents Sims from getting sick. Also, having free health clinics and vaccinations in the neighborhood should help with the overall health of Sims if you play a medical intern (Lv. 4 or above) with AMB.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Mad Poster
#9239 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:30 PM
The Steam version upon launching the game opens the window of CD KEYS of the expansion packs I have. My (possible really stupid) question would be: do/can I register them on the platform for whatever (if there any benefits?) in it? Since I never really needed to use them, as the platform installed and launches the games without them)? I shouldn't really care and just put the checkmark on "Don't notify me about this again?"

ETA: oh wait, I can use them for TS3 STORE. Duh
ETA2: Nvm. Forgot that I used to try, but I can't cause steam version. So the question still remains what the heck are the cd keys for, if I don't need to used them?

Mad Poster
#9240 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:07 AM
The Steam version upon launching the game opens the window of CD KEYS of the expansion packs I have. My (possible really stupid) question would be: do/can I register them on the platform for whatever (if there any benefits?) in it? Since I never really needed to use them, as the platform installed and launches the games without them)? I shouldn't really care and just put the checkmark on "Don't notify me about this again?"

ETA: oh wait, I can use them for TS3 STORE. Duh
ETA2: Nvm. Forgot that I used to try, but I can't cause steam version. So the question still remains what the heck are the cd keys for, if I don't need to used them?

When you purchase the Steam version base game and EPs, due to the old agreement with EA at the time they throw in the "CD-KEYS" so that you can if you wish install and play the Origin version instead. They are not required to make the game run otherwise.

Since the Steam game is Patch 1.67, it can still be started up by bypassing the Steam client and the Launcher entirely if one prefers with a shortcut to TS3w.exe (the one with the "w"). I usually have no use for the Launcher unless I am intending to add some new sims3pack installs.

The TS3 Store should still be giving 1,000 free points for each Base Game and WA expansion registered, but not any of the others, up to some limit like three or five copies for each player account. Some never seem to get the two bonuses for the otherwise unneeded registered copies if we already had the game licensed another way; some seem to get the extra bonuses for more than just the base game and WA. But hey, it's EA and we can't really expect them to get things like this right (can we?).
Mad Poster
#9241 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 2:44 PM
Well, I actually got mine for registering Origin Generations. Dunno what was the amount, but I was handed with free simoleons and was able to purchase multitab with those simpoints (and I believe another item, toddler swig thingy) which left me to 35 simpoints. But it certaintly sucks I can't register steam version EPS to that account.

Another question: I'm looking for a thread (that I can't seem to find anymore) that was a topic about what can be done to increase performance / decrease lag (or something along the lines it was titlted). And I remember you in your comment mentioning giving inactive Sims car. There were really great tips, and I would like to re-read that thread again.Any clue which one and where is it?

Mad Poster
#9242 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 3:10 PM
Another question: I'm looking for a thread (that I can't seem to find anymore) that was a topic about what can be done to increase performance / decrease lag (or something along the lines it was titlted). And I remember you in your comment mentioning giving inactive Sims car. There were really great tips, and I would like to re-read that thread again.Any clue which one and where is it?

The NRaas Traffic mod, by default, prevents the game from issuing free, cheap cars to inactive sims that they later discard when need to get around and either don't have a car or can't access it. This makes them take taxis instead. Sometimes I do make inactives "purchase" cars (by giving them a nicer one and deducting the amount from their family funds) if I think they should have one or more cars and they don't seem to purchasing them on their own. Sometimes I just wait for them to make their own purchases.

The mod also better controls the max number of snack and ice cream trucks and, not by default, can disallow performance career limos.

The point of the these Traffic mod settings is to stop the overspawnage of unnecessary vehicles that Overwatch then later has to clean up thus improving performance in the meantime and not having to endure the long pause when the cleanup of what could be thousands of never used vehicles eventually happens.

Might this be what you are remembering? It's one of many tips to improve game performance, as we have documented here.
Mad Poster
#9243 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 4:30 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 3rd Dec 2021 at 5:47 PM.
That too, but there was a thread here at MTS. Dunno if it got deleted, but its kinda annoying there's a sticky/pinned one that lists a compilation of what can be done to improve it and reduce the chances of bloat game.

Fewer other questions:
1. Disabling Zombies with MasterControl?
2. I notice that the prices of purchasing real state varies based on the means of acquiring them (eg. clicking on the map tag grocery/bookstore cost 7k, while on real estate menu - 20k) and a particular household can't buy it (but have the money for it,while the other can. Why is that?

Mad Poster
#9244 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 5:54 PM
Fewer other questions:
1. Disabling Zombies with MasterControl?
2. I notice that the prices of purchasing real state varies based on the means of acquiring them (eg. clicking on the map tag grocery/bookstore cost 7k, while on real estate menu - 20k) and a particular household can't buy it (but have the money for it,while the other can. Why is that?

1 - No, that requires Retuner or a standalone Tuning Mod.
2 - Not sure about that one, but it would be a good question to bring to us at NRaas.
Lab Assistant
#9245 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 10:06 AM

What does it say when you click on the map tag/building? The "check real estate" menu (via phone/PC) allows you to purchase the building outright, whereas the map tag/building route has you become a partner first for less money. You can still collect a smaller amount of cash from that, or you pay the remaining sum after you've become a partner for full ownership. That would explain the discrepancy you're describing. If that isn't the case in your game, I'm not sure what's going on.

Question of my own - I was building a house and opened buydebug to replace the standard mailbox with the ITF one. After that, I was no longer allowed to modify the outside because of 'HOA rules'.... haven't placed any public or hidden room markers, just the mailbox. Any idea why this would happen? I can work around it with cheats obviously, but it worries me the lot might misbehave later on.

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#9246 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 11:58 PM
Can you hold practice session with your bands? And if so, how do you do them? I got my Sim who plays and has a few instruments, invited her band members (who I recruited from the Music career) over to her house, but they don't seem to be playing with her. Is it because they lack instruments or what?

Mad Poster
#9247 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 12:28 AM
Sorry GC, but that only removes the zombification from and adjusts the occult states on existing sims. The question (I thought) was how to prevent sims from becoming zombies in the first place and going forward, such as on the next Full Moon. That does require Retuner or a Tuning Mod, unlike the kinds of SN occult states that become genetic and can be switched off within the built-in Game Options.
Instructor
#9248 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 12:24 PM
so how do you marry a foreigner? I'd like to marry my sim to a French guy (his name is Yves I think) and move him to the homeworld, but suddenly the game froze a lot and I had to reload the previous save.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#9249 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 3:52 PM Last edited by igazor : 6th Dec 2021 at 5:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
so how do you marry a foreigner? I'd like to marry my sim to a French guy (his name is Yves I think) and move him to the homeworld, but suddenly the game froze a lot and I had to reload the previous save.

The safest way is to bring the foreign sim into your homeworld and make him a permanent resident there first before attempting the marriage. There are several ways to do that.

-- Go to his homeworld and add him to your household by social interactions or mod (MasterController), then bring him back home with you on the return trip.
-- If you use NRaas mods, invite the sim over to your homeworld for a visit. The mods that help protect visiting mini-sims from corruption and allow then getting them to move in happen with little risk are Traveler, ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and RelationshipPanel. Without the mods, this method is more risky.
-- When gameplay is back in the homeworld and the foreign sim is NOT visiting, use MasterController to Add Sim (> Homeworld) the sim into town as a full-fledged resident either to your sim's household, another one where he becomes a housemate, or one of his own. He will drop his personal possessions, funds, and probably his wardrobe this way.
Forum Resident
#9250 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
Personally, I have not ever heard of asking for health advice from the hospital concerning the germy moodlet. However, there is an option to ask for medical advice from a doctor if the Sim is pregnant. Likely an Ambitions feature which added on to the Medical career with some profession job duties and social interactions.

Anyway, Sims can go to the hospital to receive a flu shot which will last for the rest of the season according to the SimsVIP Seasons Guide. There is also a LTR called Simmunity which prevents Sims from getting sick. Also, having free health clinics and vaccinations in the neighborhood should help with the overall health of Sims if you play a medical intern (Lv. 4 or above) with AMB.

I was worried because when I visited my whole household, some of them are germy for 2 days and it is a true spreading. A lot of them feels germy for less time. That's pretty interesting that we can have "pandemic" in game, like real life by the way. None of my sims seem advanced in medicine to care of patients (I don't think they are autonomous as ambition carreer, perhaps I am wrong I don't know)
I do not have the Nrass Vector mod installed so I don't know if it could help .
I just hope this advice wasn't deleted as the opportunity calls (Yes I got the fix) because it is a wrong error from the gurus.Already we need pills or potion to cure the germy moodlet so it'll be a shame if they delete this possibility . I really hope this isn't a truncated idea as many good one in the game !!

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Page 370 of 385