Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 3:55 PM
It's possible to store a text?
It's possible to store a text or to change ingame a description (ctss)?
Because I made an object and I want the player can change the "name" (as store text or ctss).
Any Ideas how can I do this?
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 4:14 PM
It *must* be possible, as OfB does it all the time. As for HOW, I haven`t a clue...

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 9:20 PM
thanks for your answer . Which objects in ofb do this?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 9:33 PM
the craftables - like the potholders etc

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
the craftables - like the potholders etc

Thank you .
I think it use the new Dialog Type (OpCode:24) "Customize Your Craftable".. but I need an option without any EPs..
#6 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 4:18 PM
It also does it for deeds and First Simolean awards.

Come to think of it, University also does this for diplomas.

"thanks for your answer ."
You`re welcome.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 4:01 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 7th Feb 2010 at 4:36 PM.
Hmmm - I was interested by this because I too would like to be able to update the CTSS (Catalog string) on-the-fly. So far I have checked out the Diploma and the CTSS is not updated - it retains the fixed catalog string that is in the package. All the interesting automatic stuff is part of viewing the diploma and does not affect the catalog string (which you see when you have something in your inventory).

I will now look at deeds and First Simolean awards to see if they update CTSS. In-Game inspection certainly suggests that the CTSS is being updated.

Deed
It has two CTSS resources, instance values 0x000007D0, and 0x000007D1. The OBJDwiki Resource cross-refs, show it using the first (0x000007D0) which is the one which says "Deed to %s", so I guess the one that says "Deed to nothing" is surplus to requirements. I'm not quite sure how the %s gets substituted yet. Address Book entries use %s as a substitution for each Neighbor ID in the array you provide them with. The Deed object does have the Lot ID as it's first attribute. Whether that is all that is required or whether there is more to it than that - I don't know yet.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xkiwix
It's possible to store a text or to change ingame a description (ctss)?
Because I made an object and I want the player can change the "name" (as store text or ctss).
Any Ideas how can I do this?
There are certainly ways to have text filled in with inserts that are generated on the fly. Can you expand upon what you want to do, that way we may be able to tell you how?

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims