Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:11 PM
Default Ellen Page (that Juno girl!)
Ellen Page. Incredibly adorable. Hard as hell to sim. I've gotten a quick start into it but I know the eyes are totally bad right now, nose and mouth still too wide (her features are all so small and cute) and I have to create specific eyes, eyebrows and eyelid mask for her (as this skintone fits really nicely but unfortunately has diminished eyelid folds)

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:13 PM
Awh! She's pretty god so far. I'm not a sim making expert by no means, but I think her eyes are off. Need to be more almond? shaped. Maybe a slightly more point jaw? Depending on which picture your looking at.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:50 PM
Is it me or does the skin you are using have freckles? In either case it looks a bit blotchy and like you said it loses some of the eye folds. Good start.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 7:26 PM
Ah, the skin doesn't have freckles. I used a freckles mask because she used to kinda have freckles. Will remove it, easy. And as mentioned, I'll make specific eyes, eyelid folds and eyebrows for her.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 11:40 AM
Update:
-Now with proper eyelids
-New custom eyes (iris position is still screwed up, definitely due to a mod I have)
-New custom eyebrows
-Jaws sharpened
-Small proportional tweaks
-Removed freckles

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 12:51 PM
Wow, I mean Wow!! What an improvement. Need a some more tweaks thou... her chin needs to come up a bit and maybe round out the jaw and cheeks a bit more. A brownish shadow might soft her eyes a little. The eyebrows could be extened down at the outer edges. Maybe open up the eyes just a tad and make just a tad wider and closer in. Hope this helps...she looks terrific already. Some in game side by sides would be good too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:14 PM
Thanks Rennara. I've done most of things you suggested

Update:
-Brightened skintone.
-Longer eyebrows
-Higher chin
_Wider eyes. Eyes closer together. Iris position corrected.
-Rounder jaws
-Other minor changes

Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 9:01 PM
Eyes still need to be bigger darlin, your doing well xx

Still think the skin tone is too pink, needs to be on the yellow side. and her eye kids are odd at the inner eye, how come they stick out there?

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Rubric Wrangler
#9 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:05 PM
Looks fabulous so far! Could you possibly show a few shots with the version from the last post, except with reference pics other than the magazine cover? I'm concerned a slightly wide-angle lens was used for that photo, which can distort facial features.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Typical
#10 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:09 PM
I think the eyebrows could also come up, just a click. She looks *so* much like her, I have no idea how you Sim Creators make such likenesses in your sims!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:51 PM
Her eyes don't need to be bigger, they need to be longer. Her chin doesn't need to come up anymore, her jaw does, just a smidge. Her nose should be wider, and I think her eye socket height should come down a little more, while bringing her upper lid just a smidge higher. She looks very sleepy right now. She's already a very good likeness, but I think those changes could make all the difference.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 2:28 AM
Make the outer eye corner droop a tiny bit more--just a click or two. Her lower eye apex has a slight curve in it going toward her nose, so give her that too. I think her lower lip should either be a bit thinner or a bit less wide, or maybe both....other than that, my suggestions have already been said. :DD
You're doing a great job, and I'm so excited you're doing her! She's my idol and I've been waiting for a really good sim of her to come around.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 2:18 AM Last edited by dutch_1991 : 29th Aug 2011 at 5:36 AM.
Thank you all so much for the feedback! I really needed and appreciate it

Update, based on your suggestions:
-Eyes slightly wider, less sleepy
-Eyebrows a click higher
-Eye sockets lowered, eyelids at inner eye corners fixed
-Lower eye apex tweaked to give her lower eyelids that little curve
-Lower lip narrower. Whole mouth narrower.
-Skintone not too white
-Nose slightly wider
-Jaws moved up a bit
-Other changes that basically makes her look way younger and cuter (as she should)

Scholar
#14 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 2:23 AM
The only thing I see is that the nose needs to be less defined. The model's nose is "softer". Great job!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#15 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 2:18 PM
WOW how do you do it, Wally? Seriously! She looks amazing! The only thing I see atm is the definition of the nose as SimmyRN said, and also, I would raise a little bit the tear duct, but just a little. Great job!

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Instructor
#16 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 12:53 PM
useless opinion: the latest jaw/chin update did wonders! :D

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Forum Resident
#17 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 7:49 AM
yeah, it needs to be button like.lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:28 PM
I believe this shall be the final update (unless I get a changes required)

Update:
-Nose softened
-Eyelids more defined

Traits: Friendly, Loves the Outdoors, Inappropriate, Brave, Bookworm

Favorite Food: Fruit Parfait

Favorite Color: Irish Green

Favorite Music: Pop
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info for sim creators