Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#251 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Descargassims also has a Los Angeles world that's really small and pretty good considering the size.

A lot of routing issues with that world though and tons of cc if you want to avoid having to download world-specific cc.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Already included!

Though it's more of a set of custom rabbithole rugs that whisk your sims away to a CUNY-equivalent elsewhere in the city, along with a student union/public library combo lot.

Awesome, thank you so much. When I saw the roommates household on your tumblr I really hoped there'd be custom uni-rabbitholes in town/at the subway so now I'm even more exited for the release of this world. Are the rabbithole rugs included with the other cc, because I have all the rugs except for the university ones.

Also, bit off-topic, but the reworked Praaven looks amazing (on the pictures, didn't download yet because atm I'm playing a modern-era game). The original was already great despite the routing problems (I also loved all the backstories/lore of the town), and I'm looking forward to playing the new version. I will need to really tweak SP and Retuner before I play tho, because we don't want our monks riding their bikes to town again
Mad Poster
#253 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 5:47 PM
God damn, this world really is a jewel. Much better than anything EA ever made for the game and that includes Roaring Heights, which I thought was a more than decent send-off. I don't know if there's any point in ever having another world of this caliber and quality but there might as well be. This is on another level than the rest, really.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 8:23 PM
when is this going to be released?
Mad Poster
#255 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 8:28 PM
Couple of years ago?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Couple of years ago?

I mean the finished version you smart thing you.
Mad Poster
#257 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frecklebeans
I mean the finished version you smart thing you.

Next few weeks probably!
Lab Assistant
#258 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 4:22 PM
Next few weeks probably!

Yay I'm so exited to see the end result
Forum Resident
#259 Old 2nd May 2020 at 2:50 PM
I have a question - is it possible to know how many Sims are in the populated world? I'm hoping to place some families of my own and I also want to play in this world for a few generations (with a longer lifespan than I usually plan on, too). So I'm wondering if I may have to do some culling, haha.

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#260 Old 2nd May 2020 at 7:47 PM
I have a question - is it possible to know how many Sims are in the populated world? I'm hoping to place some families of my own and I also want to play in this world for a few generations (with a longer lifespan than I usually plan on, too). So I'm wondering if I may have to do some culling, haha.

Thanks!

- 74 active sims (actively simulated)
- 48 premade homeless townies for register & bartending roles (not regularly simulated)

I would recommend using NRAAS MC to evict sims from their homes and add them to the homeless pool!

Until needed, these sims will not take up any processing power as they aren’t in-world and as such, aren’t simulated.
Field Researcher
#261 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:01 PM
Next few weeks probably!

Yay, can't wait!!
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 3rd May 2020 at 3:38 PM
Wow! This world is beautiful! I look forward to using it but I must ask, what are the recommended specs for a computer running a game here? What runs smoother, Boroughsburgh or Twin Towns?

Always do your best.
Mad Poster
#263 Old 4th May 2020 at 12:42 AM
It should run reasonably smoothly on mid-high-tier computers.

Computer Stats:
Windows 7 | Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | RAM 32 GB

World Stats:
World Size- 95.8 MB | Save Size- 36.1 MB | CC Size- 131 MB
Instructor
#264 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:19 PM
Okay, the final version is out and I have technical questions:

- If I already have a savegame based on the previous Boroughsburg world file (a 2018 version), I assume that I have to give it up and delete it because the new .world file will overwrite the older one and the current savegame will become corrupted because it won't find the .world file that it was based on - or am I wrong?

- I already have the CC content for the previous Boroughsburg .world file. I assume they might be modified versions now (with new additions), so if I download the new .package files, they willl overwrite the previous ones - or am I wrong? Or they will appear in the game buydebug menu as duplicates, like for example, two shell buildings of the same design, a 2018 version and a 2020 version?

Thank you if anyone can help me before I bork something in my game.
Mad Poster
#265 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:25 PM
The final version is out!

You can get it here: https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...but-help-me-pay

Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Okay, the final version is out and I have technical questions:

- If I already have a savegame based on the previous Boroughsburg world file (a 2018 version), I assume that I have to give it up and delete it because the new .world file will overwrite the older one and the current savegame will become corrupted because it won't find the .world file that it was based on - or am I wrong?

- I already have the CC content for the previous Boroughsburg .world file. I assume they might be modified versions now (with new additions), so if I download the new .package files, they willl overwrite the previous ones - or am I wrong? Or they will appear in the game buydebug menu as duplicates, like for example, two shell buildings of the same design, a 2018 version and a 2020 version?

Thank you if anyone can help me before I bork something in my game.

- The world has been given a new world ID hash, so both versions should technically be fine!

- You should download the new version of the CC, as it's been updated!
Mad Poster
#266 Old 8th May 2020 at 11:20 PM
Oh man, it's so hard not to rely too much on content from this world. I've allowed myself to use the decorative objects and building shells, but not the actual world itself.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#267 Old 8th May 2020 at 11:37 PM
Aww, wish I'd seen this before I uninstalled my previous version of the world. Oh well! SUPER excited to play this finally! I'm all hyped after the world overview views.
Forum Resident
#268 Old 10th May 2020 at 1:28 AM
Love this world so far! Unfortunately, the save file keeps giving me error code 12 even at the start of the game if I so much as go into build mode or something. Reducing my settings didn't make much of a difference. Gonna try a fresh copy and use nraas SP to populate it (not as fun but right now the save file is unplayable anyway).
Mad Poster
#269 Old 10th May 2020 at 2:51 AM
Love this world so far! Unfortunately, the save file keeps giving me error code 12 even at the start of the game if I so much as go into build mode or something. Reducing my settings didn't make much of a difference. Gonna try a fresh copy and use nraas SP to populate it (not as fun but right now the save file is unplayable anyway).

Hmm, how much RAM do you have enabled? Error Code 12 usually happens when you run of memory to write the savegame!

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...2-13-or-16.html

Otherwise, you can always just use Porter to grab some of the sims you like for the new world!
Instructor
#270 Old 10th May 2020 at 7:33 AM
A report from someone who doesn't have all the required EPs: 1. the savegame can't be loaded, but it's expected, since I don't have Pets and ITF, 2. On the other hand, the world as an unpopulated new game can be totally loaded and runs smooth, all the lots load perfectly, and I can't notice which missing EP elements have been replaced by proxy objects (the world has this clutter-ish style anyway so it doesn't matter). So even if you don't have all the EPs, and you lack one or two of them, I would say give it a try, I don't see Pets or ITF so essential so far.

One thing that I can't figure out is, that I noticed slightly see-through objects on community lots in Build/Buy mode, as if on those lots that have a Seasons marker. In Live mode, they look normal, but in Build mode, slightly see-through. I remember seeing see-through objects (playground) on the Big Park for example. Jje1000, can you tell if there are seasons markers on other community lots than the Festival lot?
Mad Poster
#271 Old 10th May 2020 at 2:22 PM
@Floraflora2 - the Big Park has two seasonal variants (spring and winter)! Don’t think there were any other lots that did this except for the festival lot.
Forum Resident
#272 Old 10th May 2020 at 3:58 PM
Hmm, how much RAM do you have enabled? Error Code 12 usually happens when you run of memory to write the savegame!

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...2-13-or-16.html

Otherwise, you can always just use Porter to grab some of the sims you like for the new world!

I have 16 GB but the game is pretty much reaching 3.1 GB RAM even after it's supposed to have stabilized. I was under the impression that I couldn't enable the game to use more RAM after 4 GB, but let me know if I'm wrong!

Loading a fresh version of the world has helped immensely. Good call on Porter, I didn't think of that!
Mad Poster
#273 Old 10th May 2020 at 5:48 PM
I have 16 GB but the game is pretty much reaching 3.1 GB RAM even after it's supposed to have stabilized. I was under the impression that I couldn't enable the game to use more RAM after 4 GB, but let me know if I'm wrong!

Loading a fresh version of the world has helped immensely. Good call on Porter, I didn't think of that!

Hmm, I find that upon loading and playing, the game settles on around 2 GBs of memory (2.1-2.3 GBs when unpaused & once all service sims are generated).

Some insight from Igazor:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_14484121

Maybe it also has to do with the amount of CC and EPs you have?

I have around 1 GB of CC + Mods in my mods folder, Boroughsburg included.
Forum Resident
#274 Old 10th May 2020 at 5:57 PM
Hmm, I find that upon loading and playing, the game settles on around 2 GBs of memory (2.1-2.3 GBs when unpaused & once all service sims are generated).

Some insight from Igazor:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment_14484121

Maybe it also has to do with the amount of CC and EPs you have?

I have around 1 GB of CC + Mods in my mods folder, Boroughsburg included.

Yeah I have over 10 GB of CC so that's probably it. I have all EPs but I'm playing without ITF loaded. I really need to go through my CC but I know that will take forever so the thought overwhelms me, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#275 Old 10th May 2020 at 6:17 PM
@floraflora2 The basketball courts have a seasonal spawner as well, not sure about other lots. But you can easily check yourself if you enable debug buy menu. You might have to switch once from build to buy mode or vice versa to make the seasonal lot marker appear.
Page 11 of 13