Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#251 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleCheshire
Oh man, do I agree. It wasn't long ago that I heard PleasantSims say that if you can think of a mod for the Sims 2, it most likely exists, and that the Sims 3 comes up short in this regard. I'm inclined to agree with her. I have seen so, so many downright amazing mods made for the Sims 4, and I use to tirelessly wonder why the Sims 3 had so few mods in this regard when so many people still play it...until I stepped into the modding pool myself.

One could say that since I'm a beginning modder I have no horse in this race, but I'm not necessarily talking about skill, here. I've spent a good amount of time just surfing though files and code, and I'm saying that the Sims 3 isn't very mod friendly. Modding is very much possible, but at this current time it is so, so limited. Jje said it themselves, there are things, and mostly key things, that for whatever reason are just locked away where none of us can get to them.

(Seriously, what the fuck is up with that?)

I've always felt that at the beginning of TS3 EA wanted to phase out modding and CC altogether or at least make their creation much more difficult. Think about it, a game like TS2 - as fondly regarded as the game is itself before mods, still had one of the biggest modding bases for years.

By the time TS3 rolls around, I'm sure it crossed their minds that people might just download CC that they can get for free rather than pay for packs. The somewhat stripped down base game (compared to TS2), the store, modding being a convoluted mess until around Ambitions I think it was, all supports this idea.

I think they realized that modding is a staple for the longevity of these games and dialed back a bit. But in TS3's case, since it wasn't inherently built with it in mind, it seems the damage was done. And I'd wager that's why TS4 is so easy to mod in comparison.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 5:30 AM
I like your theory, Jathom; It sounds very, very plausible. I mean, doesn't all that sound like something EA would do?

In other, happy news for me, I think I'll be able put some money aside to get a placeholder graphics card for my new gaming desktop sometime around December, so I'll be able to do my whole "Cats & Dogs in TS3 & TS4" experiment soon. I genuinely can't wait, I already have the "households" made in TS4 and TS3, just not placed in-game since my computer can't handle TS3 properly just yet and I want to start with TS3's pets first so I can see if TS4 hopefully surpasses it's predecessor. Overall, I think this little project is gonna be a blast.

But besides all that, I wanted to agree with Mandelyn. Cause they're right. TS4 isn't the downfall of the Sims, that title goes to EA. It's not TS4's fault that it can be considered a lackluster installment in the franchise, it's EA's fault for not making the most modern installment in the franchise a true improvement over its predecessors. The Sims 4 gets a lot of things right, but it also gets a lot wrong, and that's because EA has simply decided to do things half-way for this game because they think they can get away with giving so little in exchange for more and more. Which is funny, because I say "they think they can" when you can probably say "they know they can"; I think it was yesterday when I saw an entire thread of people saying they're tired of simmers "complaining" and that EA and the Sims Team try so, so hard to give us what we want and that we should just...ease up on a corporation aka a non-entity? Like sorry that simmers are demanding basic shit that belongs in a life simulator? I'm sorry that you're annoyed that people who are playing a life simulator game are annoyed that there aren't bunk beds, a piece of basic furniture pertaining to life, isn't in the life simulation game? Okay then hon.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I've always felt that at the beginning of TS3 EA wanted to phase out modding and CC altogether or at least make their creation much more difficult. Think about it, a game like TS2 - as fondly regarded as the game is itself before mods, still had one of the biggest modding bases for years.

By the time TS3 rolls around, I'm sure it crossed their minds that people might just download CC that they can get for free rather than pay for packs. The somewhat stripped down base game (compared to TS2), the store, modding being a convoluted mess until around Ambitions I think it was, all supports this idea.

I think they realized that modding is a staple for the longevity of these games and dialed back a bit. But in TS3's case, since it wasn't inherently built with it in mind, it seems the damage was done. And I'd wager that's why TS4 is so easy to mod in comparison.

If this really is the case then that’s extremely disappointing. I’ve known for a while that the modding community for ts3 isn’t as large or as active as ts2 or ts4, but I was hoping the game would see a sort of “renaissance era” of bigger, game changing mods in its future... Though that may not even be possible if so much is locked away.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#254 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
If this really is the case then that’s extremely disappointing. I’ve known for a while that the modding community for ts3 isn’t as large or as active as ts2 or ts4, but I was hoping the game would see a sort of “renaissance era” of bigger, game changing mods in its future... Though that may not even be possible if so much is locked away.

Well, admittedly TS3's bigger problem is lack of interest more than anything. We've had plenty of capable modders in the past who were able to do many wonderful things with the game. But nowadays, script modders and tool creators to automate processes for end users are few and far between, though we still have a few. The unfortunate truth is that at the end of the day, TS3 still isn't as popular as TS2 or as new as TS4, and that very much has an effect on how much support a game receives.

Most people are scared away from modding a game they feel they can't even play, so why waste the effort is what is likely thought. Anything from technical/performance problems, "ugly" sims/graphics, whatever. Even for modders, how much a game appeals to them obviously can affect where they choose to spend development time. And I don't begrudge them for that of course, but I feel like TS3 always gets kicked to the curb while the other games make great strides with modding left and right.

Mad Poster
#255 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 12:34 AM
Well, admittedly TS3's bigger problem is lack of interest more than anything. We've had plenty of capable modders in the past who were able to do many wonderful things with the game. But nowadays, script modders and tool creators to automate processes for end users are few and far between, though we still have a few. The unfortunate truth is that at the end of the day, TS3 still isn't as popular as TS2 or as new as TS4, and that very much has an effect on how much support a game receives.

Most people are scared away from modding a game they feel they can't even play, so why waste the effort is what is likely thought. Anything from technical/performance problems, "ugly" sims/graphics, whatever. Even for modders, how much a game appeals to them obviously can affect where they choose to spend development time. And I don't begrudge them for that of course, but I feel like TS3 always gets kicked to the curb while the other games make great strides with modding left and right.

I think this sort of ties into the lack of a unified documentation for modding TS3 and the resultant lack of a centralized modding 'structure'- you have brilliant mods from Arsil, icarusallsorts, @Lyralei or @TheSweetToddler, but without documentation, automation, and workflows, if they leave the community, any aspiring modders essentially have to start again from the Stone Age, so to speak.

As such, modding in TS3 starts and stops in fits, and is highly compartmentalized and dependent on individuals, unfortunately. There are moments when it feels like a renaissance might be coming, but then it tails away due to the aforementioned effects- and this prevents the build-up of momentum and interest in the community.
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 2:20 AM
Quote:
I think this sort of ties into the lack of a unified documentation for modding TS3 and the resultant lack of a centralized modding 'structure'- you have brilliant mods from Arsil, icarusallsorts, @Lyralei or @TheSweetToddler, but without documentation, automation, and workflows, if they leave the community, any aspiring modders essentially have to start again from the Stone Age, so to speak.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. May I chime in with my own thoughts?

Jje is right, and when it comes to modding for new modders shit is really, really tough. Even with a working knowledge of C# modding the Sims 3 isn't easy in the slightest, and the tutorials we have on modding are very few compared to others games and are--while very helpful in that sometimes the knowledge you gain from them can be applied to other aspects--often too specialized, and sometimes outdated. This can lead to new modders being discouraged, among other reasons. I've never been discouraged, but I have had take numerous breaks from my projects to allow my brain to breathe. Oh, and of course, new TS3 modders can get help from more experienced TS3 modders in the community, but I personally think that this isn't as efficient as having plentiful tutorials while also having experienced people to turn to in times of need. I mean, modders are people too, I doubt they'd want who knows how many aspiring modders excitedly yapping at their feet for varying reasons because they're really the best source of a wide variety of information on modding TS3.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#257 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 4:44 PM
Quote:
if they leave the community, any aspiring modders essentially have to start again from the Stone Age, so to speak.
I think you're very right here. And that's more from personal experiences. Having started from the ground up, it's taken me at least 4-5 years to somewhat understand ts3's engine and code to a degree where I can finally share the info with people  (With TONS of help of others here!) And still I feel like a noob in that regard though . I remember starting out as a CC creator where it was also more an 'era' of "I found out how to do this but if you want a tutorial, you're not getting it". Now that was primarily on Tumblr, and I honestly don't blame those creators because writing tutorials can be super tedious!

But in the case of script modding... it's such a world of possibilities, that it's sometimes hard to write a specific case tutorial for it. And I think any programmer out there can agree that it's not as easy to write tutorials on 'how to write X mod...' for scripting, especially since we all want that unique mod . Whereas with recolours and such, you got a reference, you make your own thing out of it and it's this ongoing same-y progress. In that regard, scripting is almost the same as writing a book. Authors always (I hope lol) focus on writing a unique story rather than "Harry Potter and the many versions". 

Now I would indeed love to put some sort of 'documentation' out there with some other modders (it had been discussed in the past actually) So that future modders have *some* grip. Currently, I'm sort of trying that by answering anything I can answer and help with (As I've seen others of those, like @gamefreak130 and @battery , let's not forget them! But also some new modders out there ), but even that is almost like a scattered sea of information that is easily missed sometimes by new people. 
Space Pony
#258 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
But in the case of script modding... it's such a world of possibilities, that it's sometimes hard to write a specific case tutorial for it. And I think any programmer out there can agree that it's not as easy to write tutorials on 'how to write X mod...' for scripting, especially since we all want that unique mod . Whereas with recolours and such, you got a reference, you make your own thing out of it and it's this ongoing same-y progress. In that regard, scripting is almost the same as writing a book. Authors always (I hope lol) focus on writing a unique story rather than "Harry Potter and the many versions". 

Now I would indeed love to put some sort of 'documentation' out there with some other modders (it had been discussed in the past actually) So that future modders have *some* grip. Currently, I'm sort of trying that by answering anything I can answer and help with (As I've seen others of those, like @gamefreak130 and @battery , let's not forget them! But also some new modders out there ), but even that is almost like a scattered sea of information that is easily missed sometimes by new people. 

Indeed, script modding is a lot more of a creative process than one might think. It's all about telling a story (or providing tools for others to do so) using data, and it's also kind of like Legos in that you have building blocks given to you by the game that you can put together in whatever way you choose to tell that story. Just as others might construct pretty houses, or design Sims, or play out in-game stories as a way of expressing themselves, I create mods as an outlet for that same creative energy. In that way, I consider modding just as valid a way of "playing" the game as lot building or Sim creation. Even though I haven't loaded up a game in any meaningful capacity in a long time, it doesn't feel like I've abandoned the game -- I'm just approaching it from a different angle.

That's also why I think documentation is preferable to in-depth tutorials: you can teach what these building blocks are and how they work, but it's a lot more difficult to tell people how to put these things together beyond the absolute basics because that's largely up to them to decide. We have discussed such documentation on the Discord server before. There's already a basic framework here, but it needs to be updated for 1.66/67/69 and filled in with functions and member names. I'd be more than willing to contribute, but nobody's spearheaded an effort yet.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Field Researcher
#259 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 9:44 PM
"Sims III" is better than any other main line Sims game. There are no exceptions. S2 and S4 cannot hold a candle. S1 is limited by the technology of its day.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Field Researcher
#260 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 10:11 PM

There is no way that EA would kill off Mod making. That keeps people coming back and you can easily require DLC's to use certain mechanics in Mods. Paradox Interactive does this with their Mods; they have one of the largest Mod making bases around, and must of their code is not hard-coded.

EA's greatest mistake in S3 is that they simply abandoned it and stopped updating it despite it still being sold AT FULL PRICE on places like the Steam Launcher Program.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Lab Assistant
#261 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
"Sims III" is better than any other main line Sims game. There are no exceptions. S2 and S4 cannot hold a candle.

Let's not get too hasty now...

Lab Assistant
#262 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 5:39 PM
I think you're very right here. And that's more from personal experiences. Having started from the ground up, it's taken me at least 4-5 years to somewhat understand ts3's engine and code to a degree where I can finally share the info with people  (With TONS of help of others here!) And still I feel like a noob in that regard though . I remember starting out as a CC creator where it was also more an 'era' of "I found out how to do this but if you want a tutorial, you're not getting it". Now that was primarily on Tumblr, and I honestly don't blame those creators because writing tutorials can be super tedious!

Hmmm... perhaps it would be fruitful to create a thread for modders (both beginner and expert) to discuss mods they'd like to attempt creating and others can chime in on any knowledge they have that might be useful? Personally, I'd like to try my hand at making some script mods, but I don't quite know what's possible and what's not so I haven't dug too deep into it. Maybe others feel the same? Having a space where we can bounce ideas off of one another and share info could be useful, at least for me.

I'd also like to extend a thank you to you and all of the other modders in this community who contribute wonderful additions to the game! Your work is greatly appreciated. When I grow up I want to be just like you guys lol
Mad Poster
#263 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
"Sims III" is better than any other main line Sims game. There are no exceptions. S2 and S4 cannot hold a candle. S1 is limited by the technology of its day.

TS2 is limited by 2004 technology too, but recent strides were made and now outside scripts (.asi) can be run. If that can be done with TS2's technology, I imagine it is only a matter of time before it is possible to run .asi files with TS3. Anyway, the only game that can't use technology as an excuse is TS4. There is no excuse for TS4's shortcomings, other than maybe stupidity. EA seem to be full of that nowadays.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#264 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
TS2 is limited by 2004 technology too, but recent strides were made and now outside scripts (.asi) can be run. If that can be done with TS2's technology, I imagine it is only a matter of time before it is possible to run .asi files with TS3. Anyway, the only game that can't use technology as an excuse is TS4. There is no excuse for TS4's shortcomings, other than maybe stupidity. EA seem to be full of that nowadays.

I’m not familiar with .asi, so I have no idea what may come of it, but hopefully you’re right! It’s my secret hope that someday modders will be able to crack into the shaders and other core systems to make damn near anything possible. It took Halo 3 players 13 years to break into a sky box in the game, so there’s still hope for breakthroughs despite ts3 age!
Test Subject
#265 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 2:37 AM Last edited by sagaty : 17th Nov 2020 at 2:55 AM.
I’m not familiar with .asi, so I have no idea what may come of it

.asi is basically a renamed .dll plugin
ASI mods are the reason why GTA San Andreas, a 16 years old game can be modded to look and play better than most modern games so an ASI Loader for The Sims 2 and 3 is a huge step for the modding community. Tbh I'm 99% sure the Ultimate ASI Loader works with every The Sims, even The Sims 4 so all we need is some experienced coders willing to create script mods to improve the game.

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I think the greatest flaw of TS3 is its relative lack of deep moddability.
Imagine if the game was a bit more forgiving in that regards, like Skyrim

Skyrim is the opposite of forgiving. What a bad example.

What the Creation Kit (Official modding tool for Creation Engine games, for those that never played any Bethesda game) offers is extremely limited, most complex mods are done through unofficial tools and plugins like SKSE Loader.

Basically Skyrim modding is quite unresearched and will probably never evolve thanks to the console modding scene insulting modders for not porting their creations to the console version.
Consoles cannot run SKSE mods so most modders are refraining from using it, limiting themselves so they can reach more people and have more downloads (Yes, Skyrim modders LOVE downloads for some reason and they freak out if their mods don't get much popularity). Skyrim modding community is crawling back to stone age.

Games that have true reverse engineering modding:
- Minecraft
- 3D Era GTA (III/Vice City/San Andreas)
- GoldSrc/Source Games (Half-Life 1/Half-Life 2/Garry's Mod etc)
- Doom

There's more but I can't remember, anyway I'd recommend checking the modding community of each game mentioned, I am a member of the GTA Modding Community and they are quite friendly and willing to share knowledge, maybe we could use some help to research reverse engineering The Sims.
Lab Assistant
#266 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 7:31 AM
Either way, I eagerly await to see what the future has in store for the Sims 3 community.

Scholar
#267 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 5:45 AM

But how would that theory fit with the existence of CASt? That alone already offers a lot of customization compared to TS2, which on its own could cause less store sales. I don't know how it affected your CC downloads, but for me CASt was enough for the first few EP's. I never downloaded objects early on or bought store items. I only used mods that affected gameplay early on. All because of CASt.

I just think that modding was always part of the plan from TS2 onwards, but they never intended to put effort in it to make it more accessible. And that new updates might break mods is the case with any game that supports modding. Even for games where modding is actively supported (Skyrim for example).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#268 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:22 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 18th Nov 2020 at 6:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
But how would that theory fit with the existence of CASt? That alone already offers a lot of customization compared to TS2, which on its own could cause less store sales. I don't know how it affected your CC downloads, but for me CASt was enough for the first few EP's. I never downloaded objects early on or bought store items. I only used mods that affected gameplay early on. All because of CASt.

While CASt was and is a great feature to have, and I definitely can't play without it now, it still is ultimately a side feature, albeit an extremely useful one. CASt allows you to change the materials at will, but it can't change the fundamental mesh itself. Even then, CASt mostly only affected not having to worry about having to download hundreds of recolors for one item any longer. It can't add new content to the game or new scripted items.

At the end of the day, my theory is only that. But EA has largely only ever "tolerated" modding because it didn't ultimately hurt their bottom line, that goes for most of their games honestly. That's why I mentioned also that I believe they dialed it back a bit and made mod installation a bit easier (for anyone who has played TS3 long enough to remember what a pain it was at the beginning) But I know if they believed that it did affect sales in some measurable way, they wouldn't hesitate to at least make it much more difficult to do anything. Mod makers can do great things with many games, but if a game is deliberately made to not be tinkered with, there's not much you can do. I honestly don't see them beneath doing that, however crazy a decision it might seem to us as the players.

And while TS2 did start the tradition of moddable Sims games, that's also when Maxis had more free reign to do what they wanted. TS3 is the only game besides TS1 that gives no hint that it can even be modded. Both TS2 and TS4 have options to enable CC in their own options menu, TS3 doesn't. If somebody doesn't frequent many places online, they might not know it's possible. The only notification you get at all is when you install script mods and get notified about them at the main menu, assuming they're installed correctly. EA also took no real measures to inform people to remove their mods before updates either, several fansites did though, whereas you have TS4 automatically disabling them before each update.

Consider how something as simple as custom food items has been a thing for years with TS2, but with TS3 we couldn't do it until CCLoader came along because content from one mod would overwrite another. Or the significant leaps TS2 has made in general in the past several years, meanwhile TS3 modding is more or less where it was at the end of 2013.

I don't claim to be right about EA's motivations, half the time I don't understand the decisions they publicly inform us of. But this one is sound enough for me to logically believe it could happen.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#269 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 11:42 AM
Hmmm... perhaps it would be fruitful to create a thread for modders (both beginner and expert) to discuss mods they'd like to attempt creating and others can chime in on any knowledge they have that might be useful? Personally, I'd like to try my hand at making some script mods, but I don't quite know what's possible and what's not so I haven't dug too deep into it. Maybe others feel the same? Having a space where we can bounce ideas off of one another and share info could be useful, at least for me.

I'd also like to extend a thank you to you and all of the other modders in this community who contribute wonderful additions to the game! Your work is greatly appreciated. When I grow up I want to be just like you guys lol
If there's a want and need for it then, why not?  It might make things a little cluttered to have it in one thread, but I guess if there was some sort of TOC at the start of the post that could work!

Orr we go even more 'learn to program' mode, where we post some exercises and put the solution under a spoiler and help out with any question
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 4:00 PM
I very much like that idea! Consider me completely on board!

Lab Assistant
#271 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 1:26 AM
I was just thinking about this a little while ago, and I thought it would be worthwhile to share my thoughts in this thread as it is appropriate:

The thought was about the whiplash I get sometimes while reading through a Sims community thread while not being aware of the fact that it's old. An example of this would be people absolutely hating the open world that the Sims 3 came with in the beginning of the thread, and now later in the same thread the popular opinion is that it is very much beloved and missed in the Sims 4. A second example is in the beginning of a thread people complaining about all the animals in the Sims 3 being too needy and that the ability to control them not being needed along with wildlife being too in your face, while today in the Sims 4 era pets are seen as being worse than in the Sims 3 era; apparently they are way too needy, there is little to no information about them because their Simology is not available to the player, and people now miss being able to control them and see strays roaming in other worlds than Brindleton Bay.

It all feels like being slapped across the face with wet fishes I tell you, going through all these threads!

Lab Assistant
#272 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 4:25 AM
If there's a want and need for it then, why not?  It might make things a little cluttered to have it in one thread, but I guess if there was some sort of TOC at the start of the post that could work!

Orr we go even more 'learn to program' mode, where we post some exercises and put the solution under a spoiler and help out with any question

Oh I'm totally on board with that. I'd love to learn more about how the game is coded so I can make my own mods!
Mad Poster
#273 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 5:01 AM
It all feels like being slapped across the face with wet fishes I tell you, going through all these threads!

I have said this before and will say again. I have played all 4 versions and have likes and dislikes for all. I accept each version as done and do not expect them to be the same or for them to meet every need or want I have. These games were designed for the general player and not each of us.

So for me there is no need to read through all the threads about what has been said about these games. Play what you want how you want, and it does not matter what others have said for over the years IMO. Much is obsolete, much is a dead horse. Just play as you enjoy to play.
Lab Assistant
#274 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have said this before and will say again. I have played all 4 versions and have likes and dislikes for all. I accept each version as done and do not expect them to be the same or for them to meet every need or want I have. These games were designed for the general player and not each of us.

So for me there is no need to read through all the threads about what has been said about these games. Play what you want how you want, and it does not matter what others have said for over the years IMO. Much is obsolete, much is a dead horse. Just play as you enjoy to play.

I wanna say that I'm not like, distressed, reading these threads. (the threads are just general sims threads that sometimes feature people's opinions on an aspect of an installment, by the way, and not like, installment discourse (1v2v3v4) threads) I'm saying that I find it interesting how the community's opinions on different installments of the franchise have changed over the years, and that I find the whiplash I get from reading those kind of funny.

I also wanna say I understand the annoyance and frustration that comes from watching people beat dead horses, so to speak, but it doesn't people should be stopped or banned from doing so. Yes, everyone should be cordial about which installment one prefers, but to say that we should only focus on our preferred game and stop comparisons and civil conversations about the installments simply because it may be a tired topic is...well it sounds boring to me. A child has their favorite worn out toy they always go back to and a dog has it's favorite treat that they always perform for, who's to say that someone can't have their favorite discussion? This isn't even mentioning the fact that new people can bring new points to an old discussion, too.

Mad Poster
#275 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 12:15 AM
I wanna say that I'm not like, distressed, reading these threads. .......

Your post stated that you are in effect stressed by having/wanting to read all the old threads and you ended it with a help sign. So I simply was saying if wanted just play what you like and not worry about all the old threads and in many cases outdated information.

But if you want to do that, it is your time and we cannot help you.
Page 11 of 12