Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#151 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 11:26 PM
vex - Nope. Did you have the right CD in the drive? You'd probably have more like asking at the SimPE forum...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 5:41 AM
Dear Echo,
I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question-- but since the topic is paintings here goes.....I would like to add some CC portraits to the art easel -- I don't really need any actions other then the model to pose....So, what tuts do I need to help me accomplish my artist to paint my picture??I' ve done some recolors with SimPE and with the Wizard-- so in alot of respects I guess I'm still a newbie with all of this... So, make the tut easy-- and I should be able to get the pics I'd like to have painted by my simmie2 artist. I have the base game up to OFB-- if that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance....And I hope this is the right spot for this question.. If it isn't I'll apologize ahead of time.......
ButterflyIII2006
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#153 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 5:57 AM
butterfly - Are you asking about loading your own images into paintings created on the easel for your own use, or were you hoping to make a sharable easel?

The former was an ability introduced along with one of the EPs, but I can't remember which. The latter involves cloning the easel and the painting, then altering the textures for the painting and fixing up the GUIDs in a manner similar to this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=127742
Instructor
#154 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:16 PM
Hi Echo!

Cool Tutorial, I've done this before the object animation tutorial, and i was successful, Thanks
Theorist
#155 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 5:10 PM
Great tutorial, Echo Thanks a lot.

I have a question though, I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm making an object mod with a painting where a sim can click on it and get an option to turn into a zombie. It mainly works, however I can't figure out how to update the walk style or assign the zombie locomotion animation.

I've tried looking in the objects package and found locomotion - zombies and it contains "Assign Locomotion Animations" 05000200000000000000000000000000. I tried putting it in my package but [fallback=global] appeared although in the objects.package it doesn't present. I ignored it and tried it in game and instead of walking like a zombie it just 'flew' across the room. Any idea?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 1:06 AM
Locomotions are stored in text list 0x84. You need to import that text list from the same object that contained the "Locomotion - zombies" function.
Theorist
#157 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 1:22 AM
Sorry for being pain in the ass but I tried importing the SG - Locomotion Anims which is in the same group (0x7F01EC29) as the Locomotion - Zombies but the [fallback : global] still appears... What am I doing wrong?

Do you have to change the group of the text list to 0xFFFFFFFF too or just leave it as it is? I've tried it both ways and it's still doesn't work.

Thanks in advance
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:56 AM
Yep, change the text list to 0xFFFFFFFF, then close SimPE and re-open the package. Sometimes SimPE doesn't recognize new text lists straight away.
Theorist
#159 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 3:09 AM
God I feel so stupid I can't get it to work.

The sim still 'flew'
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 3:24 AM
Okay, try changing the parameters to:
(Change the 2 to a 1) and see if that fixes it?
Theorist
#161 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 3:50 AM
IT WORKS!!! So it should be 'private', eh?

Thanks a lot you're the best, Echo!

Expect a bunch of red roses with a love note in your doorstep
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#162 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 5:53 AM
Great! You're quite welcome...

... Wait, how do you know where I live???
Theorist
#163 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 9:36 AM
Isn't it listed below your avatar? Melbourne, Australia. I'll just have to fly there and stalk you .

But hey, I got a cousin there! Maybe I won't have to fly there after all.
Test Subject
#164 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:30 AM
Animation step problem, I know a similar problem has been posted many times but when i get to this step i dont get the normal message. i get this:

[prim 0x006A] Animate Sim (animation: [Fallback: Global] "a-noExpression" [AdultAnims:0x00 (Private)],
Event tree: --- (Private),
Anim Speed: ---,
Interruptible: False,
Start at tag: ---,
Trans to Idle: False,
Blend out: True,
Blend in: True,
Flip Flag: False,
Synch to last anim: False,
Use controlling object as anim source: False,
Not hurryable: False,
IK Object: Stack Object ID 0x0000,
Priority: 0x00 (low))

the only reason i think that there is a major problem is because i don't see "81" in there anywhere, and it seems to be the key to the step anyways here is my package file. I appreciate your help Echo, great tutorial. I hacked sims 1 objects back in the day and i just got sims 2 a few days ago and was very eager to jump into hacking thinking piece of cake, then i was ".package" like wtf.... anyways, your tutorial made it easy to go from sims1 hacker to sims2 hacker :D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  redvsblue.rar (81.3 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 2nd May 2008 at 10:14 AM
Don't worry about that, it's just a slight change in the way SimPE is decoding the line. Keep going with the instructions as they are and it should still work.
Test Subject
#166 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Don't worry about that, it's just a slight change in the way SimPE is decoding the line. Keep going with the instructions as they are and it should still work.

thanks echo, your a genious
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 23rd May 2008 at 4:06 PM
where'd I go wrong?
I did this tut and it worked for me ...except instead of walking up to the painting when you click on it, my SIM starts to boo or jeer when the painting is clicked on. XD Actually , it was kind of funny. But I'm wondering where I went wrong. Any ideas ?
Babu.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#168 Old 24th May 2008 at 2:37 PM
Could you post the object here, so I can take a look? My best guess is that you might not have changed which BHAV is being run when your interaction gets called (in the TTAB part, where you have to change the number of the BHAV to match the instance ID of the one you just created). If that's the case, it'll just call the default "View" interaction, which can involve booing at the painting.
Test Subject
#169 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Dani1202 : 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:49 AM.
Great Tutorial, echo! But I've still got some questions:

I've added an "animate overlay"-command to get my sim go into the handcuffed pose. Before that I've added a line which sets temp 0x0001 0xFFFF. The animation is supposed to use this value as it's loop count. All just like in jixs' prop hack - but my sim doesn't animate... I've attached the object, can you please take a look? (It doesn't have it's own GUID yet, so it's just the "Tea-Time with teak"-chair (or how that one's called in english)).

EDIT: OK, it works with the "animate sim" command, but why not with the "animate overlay" command, I don't get it...It has to be the overlay, as the sim should sit down still "cuffed".

And also: how can I make a sim sit on a chair? I don't wanna use the "sit"-option, because I wanna make a "Tie-Up-Chair", (for kidnapping- ,burglar- ,brutal interrogation- ,etc storys) to which the sim can be tied (The Sim sits down, the cuffed-animation starts and ropes (cloned from the handcuffs) spawn at the wrists) and only release himself when the player uses a "release"-funtion from the pie menu. I only need to know how I can sit the sim down. That has to work somehow with slots and the right animation, but I want to know how it goes exactly.

I know, that's a plenty of questions, but could you please help me?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Anim-Test.rar (56.3 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:21 PM
Hi Dani!

I've only been able to take a quick look, but a few thoughts:
- take off the '_anim' at the end of the animation name in the text list. It doesn't need to be there, and may or may not interfere with correct functioning.
- try setting the priority higher (yours is at low, try medium). If the priority is too low, then regular idling animations will play over the top of yours and you won't actually see the end effect. For overlays, I think low is for idles, while medium is more for poses.

As far as getting the sim to sit on a chair, the easiest way probably *is* to use the sit function, and just tweak it to suit your needs. If you really need to rewrite it though, you'll need to use "go to routing slot" to get the sim in the right position initially, then "snap into" to get them into the correct slot, then "animate sim" to play the transition to sitting animation, then "animate overlay" to keep them sitting while you do your other code. Then roughly the reverse to get them out again.
Test Subject
#171 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:17 PM
OK, thanks for your advices, I managed to get rid of the problem with the overlay animation. I don't know what exactly was the solution, since I've made a few changes simultaneously, but it works now! :D
OK, let's see how I get my sim to seat down...

"Know your enemy's weaknesses - but more importantly: Know your own"
Test Subject
#172 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 12:10 AM
Hi, me it's again!^^
I#ve had some time to work on the chair and the animation start works now. I still don't know how to make my sim sit down, if i just add a line with the "interaction - sit" BHAV, it creates an error in the game. The problem of staying seated until the release funcion is chosen should work with the comfort-motive: Just decreaase the comfort when the sim gets tied, and not increase it while seaten. The release-function maxes the comfort an the sim should stand up - at least i hope so...^^ That way the sim would stay seated unless other motives are too low.

But my most recent problem is that the release-function reates an error ("illegal data field owner" or something). And i don't know why - *sigh*I've attacehd the objects. You'll need both for the chair to wörk, but the error must lie in the chair itself.

,please! (again^^)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  chair-files.rar (67.9 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

"Know your enemy's weaknesses - but more importantly: Know your own"
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#173 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 10:53 AM
Hi Dani

Could you attach your error log as well?
Test Subject
#174 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:34 PM
I am trying to make the Prints Charming Fingerprint scanner raise the mechanical skill and not cleaning for my custom career reward object, but I don't see a Start- Skill function in any of the BHAV's. It seems like it would have to be there to increase the cleaning skill, but I can't find it.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#175 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:51 AM
There are a couple of them, in the semi-globals. "Interaction - Teach" and "Interaction - Scan".
Page 7 of 16