Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 2:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Life Stories Computer Conflict
Before I start I'm gonna clarify that I know that I'm supposed to be contacting the original creator about this, buuut..... I have heard too many negative things about the website......

Anyway, I usually download and use the Life Stories buy & build bundle but quite a while ago I discovered a conflict with one object in the buy bundle and a mod I have. The mod is the one that makes the computer screens brighter (from this website). The object is the computer. I've tried to work around it by downloading items separately, but there are barely any other conversions of them.

I've searched and haven't seen anybody else with any problems like this so I'm unsure if the conflict is my fault. I did tests to make sure it was that specific bundle causing the problem and every time I took it out, the screens would get bright again. I hope I'm making sense... It's the buy bundle and not the build bundle I'm referring to. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

(Side note: I have looked into extracting the computer object from the package, but I don't think I trust myself not to mess something up)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 5:38 AM
Links to the content and websites you are alluding to would be useful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Links to the content and websites you are alluding to would be useful.

Okay. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12631.0.html
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 4:36 PM
Hello, I can't find any resources in the reward computer that would overwrite Nix' brighter screens file but you could try making sure Nix' file loads after the ls_buy.bundle?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shastakiss
Hello, I can't find any resources in the reward computer that would overwrite Nix' brighter screens file but you could try making sure Nix' file loads after the ls_buy.bundle?

Really? I must be doing something wrong again. I'll try that load order...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 2:40 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 20th Nov 2021 at 2:52 AM.
Ehh, the real issue with getting help from non-Pescado modders on MATY is that's it's dead as a doornail and no one except Pescado ever logs in anymore.

How do you know the computer is the problem? The bundle is a single package with all objects bundled together.