Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:50 AM
Default mod auto
hello simmers, some time ago I read about a mod that made the sims socialize automatically, even whoho etc ... I was looking for 2 pages and I can't find it, sure because my native language is not English, and obviously I don't know the name of the mod, do you remember its name? I know many people like it, I would like to try it. Thanks
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 1:33 PM
Are you thinking of ACR - Autonomous Casual Romance?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Are you thinking of ACR - Autonomous Casual Romance?

I think that is it, if there is nothing else, is that only for love, that is, do not make enemies? I would like some sims that don't get along to fight, in an asylum challenge, I don't know the reason but one sim, alone, hated 2 sims and they hit each other, I didn't do anything to make that happen, nor do I have any mod of behavior, it was a lot of fun, honestly, I was the sim who had to work (obviously) and I didn't spend time there while they hated each other to death hahahaha, if it's just for romance, it would be fun to watch, but I wish there was one for both of us, I think Maxis does it but it must be in extreme situations, like the challenge of the asylum, I really don't have any mod of behavior and they fought all the time, it is more they came out the red faces of enemies
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:12 PM
Well, first I'll say that sims will do everything autonomously already--make friends, make enemies, fall in love. EXCEPT woohoo. For that you need a mod and ACR, or Autonomous Casual Romance, by Twojeffs does do that. It's available here:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/92524/

If you want to try it, I recommend using 2.0 Final or 2.0 Beta 5c, but it is a big mod so make sure to pick up the original documentation in the 1.1 folder and read it. That will give you an idea of the mod and its settings. I would also recommend installing the mod in a test hood first, or using it in a hood you're not strongly attached to until you get the hang of things and how you like things to be set up.

Finally, some other things to remember if sims are not socializing autonomously:
1. Make sure Free Will is turned on. Basic, I know, but everyone can forget to check sometimes.
2. Check your mods. Make sure you don't have other mods affecting sim behavior, restricting the interactions they can do and when, or making them focus on other things. For example some simmers get mods to remove pranks, nagging, and dirty jokes, but such interactions are often the first ones on the road to enemy-ship. (If those interactions are rejected, sims can start disliking each other, and the more sims dislike each other, the more negative interactions they do and the more enemies they make.)
3. If no one starts fights in your neighborhood very often, try making more grouchy/mean sims! Mean sims like to argue, insult, cheat at chess, etc., and are more likely to pick fights. So if you aren't seeing fights happen often enough, maybe it's cuz your sims are nice and don't want to.
4. Make sure your sims have different personalities and interests. Rare tip, but in case you are making sims in a batch for your challenge, I wanted to mention it because some simmers make sims with the same, or very similar, stats--the same aspiration, personality, maybe even interests. But the more sims are alike, the more they will get along. Sims with dissimilar interests are more likely to have negative chats. And in free will situations, that matters a lot if you're trying to make sims enemies.

This is all why in challenge situations where a lot of free will is involved, you see enemies form naturally. Same goes for your townies in the background of your community lots. A lot of sim relationships are really determined by that initial first meet and greet. A rejection of a dirty joke or admire can really turn into a full blown vendetta. But if your sims are always nice, or you cancel any negative interactions, or always make sims pick the right thing to do and say, well, then you won't see fighting much.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 12:34 AM
hi @Phantomknight thanks for your explanation! I am quite new to the sims world, it is true that I played them years ago, but now I am discovering many more things, I did not know that, that sims fall in love without help from anyone, I knew that if they become friends, but about love I have not seen it, I have read something about that mod, and I think it is dangerous, for now I will not use it, thanks for your explanation.
Well, the sims of the challenge, their personalities are random, as the rules dictate, I rolled a dice and some were the same and others were less the same, the house in which a sim gets on badly with 2, I also used everything at random. How do you make a bad sim? , is that I do not understand that, what qualities or does not have to have to be a bad sim? , I would appreciate if you could explain me a little, thank you.
Alchemist
#6 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 5:49 AM
Ok, first, for mean sims, remember that personality points are on a slider. So if sims have a lot of Active points, they're Active, but if they don't have any, they're Lazy. Same goes for Grouchy/Nice. If they have a lot of points, the sim is Nice, if not, they're Grouchy or mean. So if you want more mean sims around, don't give your sims too many Nice points--3 or less points is good. If a sim is in the 4-6 range, you may see some mean behavior, but probably not very often. If they have as many as 7-10, you probably won't ever see them be mean, unless they're cheated on or something, and made enemies, or are furious, with someone. With three or less points sims are quick to Argue instead of Chat and are less likely to accept Appreciate interactions unless they know a sim well. You might also see them prank people more often, and they are notorious for cheating at chess, and throwing the ball too hard when playing catch. And, yes, they do start fights. You can read the wiki for more info on personality: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Personality

Also remember that sims can get upset by many things and relationships can go bad just through failed interactions--you don't always need a mean sim to start a fight. So sometimes sims will talk, but disagree and even up with some negative points. Or maybe, like I said above, someone tries to tell a Dirty Joke or Admire another, and that sim doesn't like it--again, that will lead to negative relationship points. Once sims have a few negative relationship points, they'll start to pick on each other and fight all on their own. It'll probably start with some poking or insults and slowly escalate to fights. Sims also get mad if they catch someone cheating on them and in a regular game, that's pretty easy--sims with a crush or higher will get jealous and upset if they see the person they have a crush on perform a romantic interaction with another sim. Even if that person they have a crush on doesn't like them back. And this is why you might see a lot of fights and drama with ACR.

About ACR, I wouldn't say it's dangerous--at least not in a game breaking way. It's a safe and well-tested mod and I've personally used it for years. I would recommend it for simmers looking to increase autonomous romance--I just like to let others know that it's a big mod. Or in other words, you'll see a lot of changes, and you'll have to check the mods you install (or have previously installed) for conflicts. You should be doing that for all mods you install, but again, I mention it for simmers new to downloading. Also, while I do like ACR, I find it best when you customize its settings to your personal gameplay style. That's one of the mod's strengths--it does let you customize a lot--but at the same time it can be overwhelming for someone new to it, especially if you only want one or two features. So yeah, try increasing your sims' romantic interactions without mods first, but don't be scared to try it. And remember you can ask about it here on MTS, too. There have been plenty of discussions about ACR before, so you can do a search on the TS2 forum here to read more about it if you're curious.

Otherwise, if you don't see your sims falling in love very often, try setting their gender preference. Once sims' gender preferences are set, they are more likely to make romantic interactions. If not set, sims tend not to do romantic interactions. ACR does allow you to set preferences, and that's one of the core features of how it works, but you can also do it through the Sim Blender. If you don't already have that, I recommend this update by William/Whoward69 here; otherwise you can find the original in the Simbology archive. It is also by Twojeffs and, if you look under Twojeffs' mod section, you can find a copy for your latest EP.

With either mod (via ACR or Sim Blender), you can set the level of gender preferences you want to see in the hood. In other words, what percent you want to be straight, bi, or gay. Once you select that, you run the randomizer (don't worry, you can choose if you want sims with preferences already set to keep their preferences). In that process, pretty much all the eligible sims in your hood--playable and townie--will be given a gender preference. So, when you see them out and about around town, the game's chemistry system should kick in, allowing them to find other sims attractive. And, once they meet someone they like, they'll start doing romantic interactions all on their own and forming relationships.

Finally, one last tip is to visit community lots often and make sure you have a bunch of visitors, if your computer can handle it. If you stay on the home lot, you probably won't see sims form too many relationships by themselves, especially if you are the type of player to control your sims often. You'll need to give sims some time to act on Free Will, and one of the best ways to do that is by visiting community lots. When you visit, your other playables and townies will show up on the lot, and while you are busy with your current household, they'll entertain themselves. They'll play games and do the activities you have available on the lot, but they'll also form relationships while they hang out and talk, too. Sometimes that leads to romance, other times it leads to fights. So try visiting community lots often and see how many people show up. If it's only 5 or 6, maybe increase that, if you're computer can handle it. You can do that by adding a line in your userStartup.cheat file; add "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims XX" to your file; replace "XX" with the number you want. Maybe start with 15; I wouldn't do higher than 30, especially if your community lots are small. The number includes the npcs on the lot, by the way, so 15-20 will let you have a few npcs on the lot and you'll still get about 10 sims to show up.

Just doing those two things--making sure more people are around and have Free Will to interact, and then setting sims' gender preferences--should help you see sims by more dynamic and start fights and romances.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:32 AM
Hello @Phantomknight , thank you very much for your explanation and for that interesting article that I will read later about the personality of the sims, yes, yes !!, I know that some are more active and others are lazy, and some are shy, and others are more open , but for me (in Spanish it is "gruñón" ), here that, is not being bad, bad, it is being less social, so to speak, not bad,bad, I did not know that the more no nice, the grumpys the more fight , right ? , thanks you will think that I am a fool.
oh I just read the report from the simwiki, it's very interesting, now I understand some things, for example ... the other day I realized that a sims got bubbles when cleaning, I thought my game was wrong! , seriously, it was crazy, it turns out that if a sims is very clean / neat, when it cleans ... things shine! True, they are very interesting, I also realized some sims do not want to do something when I ordered it ... and now I know why, before I sensed it, especially to the lazy they made them clean and they did not want to.
Humm about that mod, for now I will not use it, but later I will use it in a neighborhood that I downloaded from Phaenoh, I saw it interesting and it will be the first time that I play in a neighborhood that is not default.
Thanks again for your help and make me understand more about the sims 2, and forgive my English, greetings
Alchemist
#8 Old 6th Dec 2021 at 4:23 AM
@Missdabone Don't worry about your English--I understood you well enough! And you're welcome!