Replies: 11116 (Who?), Viewed: 459696 times.
Page 445 of 445
Mad Poster
#11101 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 12:53 AM
Quote:
Tonight I dreamed that my founders had a dragon living on their lot (though I was semi-aware in the dream, thinking "I know there aren't actually dragons in The Sims 2...


Whatdayamean, there are no dragons in Sims 2?
There most certainly be dragons:

Dazzling Dragons

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Instructor
#11102 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 1:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
Whatdayamean, there are no dragons in Sims 2?
There most certainly be dragons:

Dazzling Dragons


Not in my game, there be'nt. But there SHOULD be. Is any certain expansion or such required for those?

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#11103 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 3:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kligma
Not in my game, there be'nt. But there SHOULD be. Is any certain expansion or such required for those?


I have no idea-although it would probably help if you have at least NL, if not higher. I'm not sure, because it's not mentioned. The dragons aren't NPC's, and so they won't be populating the neighborhood. Rather they're semi-static objects.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Instructor
#11104 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 4:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I have no idea-although it would probably help if you have at least NL, if not higher. I'm not sure, because it's not mentioned. The dragons aren't NPC's, and so they won't be populating the neighborhood. Rather they're semi-static objects.


Hopefully, then. Yeah, I thought it was odd it didn't mention it at all. Guess there's only one way to find out.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#11105 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 4:54 PM
I'm making all the relationships for my new neighborhood and it couldn't be more tedious, I'm still shaking when I have to add memories ... buhh. At least I already have the photos taken. I realized that some sims would look better with more tanned skin, but I already have the photos taken, so I'll have to think about it when I start my next neighborhood
Forum Resident
#11106 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 5:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
I'm making all the relationships for my new neighborhood and it couldn't be more tedious, I'm still shaking when I have to add memories ... buhh. At least I already have the photos taken. I realized that some sims would look better with more tanned skin, but I already have the photos taken, so I'll have to think about it when I start my next neighborhood

I relate to this so much! I've been creating a custom hood and because it'd bother me for sims not to have pre-established pasts and relationships, I've been doing that in SimPE. It's less nerve racking than long and tedious, though. It's why I take long breaks when developing that one So, I began making another hood that has a half dedicated to supernatural sims and another half dedicated to human sims. The point of that hood was to make families and play. Of course, me being me, had to give those sims preset ages, memories and relationships, too...It's just satisfying to see it all slowly come together

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#11107 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 6:28 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 28th Nov 2021 at 6:47 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalFlame360
I relate to this so much! I've been creating a custom hood and because it'd bother me for sims not to have pre-established pasts and relationships, I've been doing that in SimPE. It's less nerve racking than long and tedious, though. It's why I take long breaks when developing that one So, I began making another hood that has a half dedicated to supernatural sims and another half dedicated to human sims. The point of that hood was to make families and play. Of course, me being me, had to give those sims preset ages, memories and relationships, too...It's just satisfying to see it all slowly come together


I do the relationships part with simblender and insimenator, maybe with SimPE would take less time, but I'm lazy to learn it. I recently downloaded a mod to avoid relationship decay and get a bit of that preset effect.
Field Researcher
#11108 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 9:09 PM
Some of the neatest little things are hidden away under decorative or miscellaneous. Not really hidden, but sometimes I don't think to look at decorations. Nice little details that make the house look more "lived in". I like to put the computer clutter on the computer desk, because it reflects me in real life. Never know when you might need another cable, hard drive, etc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11109 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 3:40 PM
Nine years ago today, on 30th November 2012 Gloria Jones and her teenage son Andrew moved into the little house at 19 Chorus Court in Veronaville, with me as a very rookie new player trying to look after them. I don't know how we survived those first few days, but somehow we muddled through, and we're all still here, safe and well. Veronaville today is a bigger, better and brighter place than it was back then. Brighter, because all the lived-in houses there now have electric lighting throughout. (A surprising number of them back then had either no electric lighting, or just one light bulb for the whole house. For instance there's only one electric light fitting in the big house currently being prepared for the arrival of the Romanov family.)

Anyway the good folks of Veronaville feel they've plenty to celebrate. Andrew will be roasting the turkey for another big Thanksgiving meal. Probably not at Chorus Court but at a friend's house. Quite a crowd is expected there, but of course Andrew, Julian, Gloria and Garry will be high on the guest list.

Long live Veronaville!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11110 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:44 PM
Happy Veronaville Thanksgiving Day @AndrewGloria !

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#11111 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 3:40 AM
I just saw on tumblr that Leefish died.
Death sucks. :P
I hope they got hula zombies and a nice tropical drink.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#11112 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 5:12 AM
I'm starting to feel like Ron Weasley in OOTP... "Anyone else we know...?" and then abject horror when someone more privy to news says "Yes." Probably because I saw the lit-wands-tribute gif when I went to Tumblr to look, but...yikes, this is getting close again. (And just to head off anyone who thinks this is a fine time to pitch a fit over an HP reference, I can offer up an unshared Tonks/Lupin lemon to bite into if you prefer.) Leefish made the first fridge-stockable deco food, which set the stage for owned grocery stores becoming interesting! Aside from her own creations, the site offered a platform for creators to showcase similarly innovative work -- I think we all have a favourite or plenty from there, or from derivative mods thereof.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11113 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
I just saw on tumblr that Leefish died.

That's really sad!
She was a supermod on here for a long time.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Field Researcher
#11114 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 5:17 PM
I wish I could click the sadness button like on Facebook, because I really feel sorry for Leefish, I have read his posts and downloaded his mods countless times.
Link Ninja
#11115 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:26 AM
How many years of my life have I waited for sims 2 to load?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11116 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 1:46 PM
I wish I had a 'seasons' button on the real life weather right now. It's snowing and I don't want it to do that. I'd much prefer that it was summer and hot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#11117 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 7:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I wish I had a 'seasons' button on the real life weather right now. It's snowing and I don't want it to do that. I'd much prefer that it was summer and hot.

And I'd use a weather vase to get a little more snow! I need it for a music video! I've waited a year to be able to film it Got the first snow today but it's not going to stay

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Page 445 of 445
Back to top