Replies: 9472 (Who?), Viewed: 473529 times.
Page 379 of 379
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#9451 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 12:55 PM
Thank you @kestrellyn !

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Top Secret Researcher
#9452 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 10:42 PM
You could sledgehammer homework this entire time???
Instructor
#9453 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 11:45 PM
I was thinking along the lines of "Little Shop of Horrors" for using cowplants as props.
Field Researcher
#9454 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topp
You could sledgehammer homework this entire time???

Never seen that before. Is it a low aspiration desperation move?
#9455 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 7:59 PM
When it's snowy out and a sim kicks over the trash can, the trash is also snowy.
Also I don't know why it took me so long but I just NOW read the full catalog description for the Job Stopinator. And I LOVE it.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Test Subject
#9456 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 2:02 AM
I hardly ever play with pets, so I just now discovered that toddlers can sleep in pet beds. Currently considering replacing all the cribs with these marvels. I like to leave tots to their own devices once they've learned all their life skills (how else will I find out which family members they prefer to stare at all day? ), so being able to put themselves to bed without waiting for an adult to dump their queue is a huge quality-of-life improvement.
Mad Poster
#9457 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 3:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmaline
I hardly ever play with pets, so I just now discovered that toddlers can sleep in pet beds. Currently considering replacing all the cribs with these marvels. I like to leave tots to their own devices once they've learned all their life skills (how else will I find out which family members they prefer to stare at all day? ), so being able to put themselves to bed without waiting for an adult to dump their queue is a huge quality-of-life improvement.

If they sleep in a dog bed they will get dirty (duh). Get one of the many toddler beds; they change into PJs and sleep on top of the covers.

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#9458 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 2:31 PM
I found out that you can gradually adjust the face via a face template through clicking multiple times with the right-mouse button! I only have tried it in Plastic Surgery, so I have to check how it works in CAS.
Field Researcher
#9459 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 9:13 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I just found out I resolved the "crashes when saving a Lot" issue by clearing up cigen.cache, accesory.cache, and the 100+ MB CASthumbnails cache file. I recently downloaded that CAS thumbnails mod, so those CAS thumbnails had to be renewed anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#9460 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 9:40 PM
In hood view, if you click, or right-click on the "Pets" symbol (in the menu bar, up left), the game... barks
Instructor
#9461 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 1:54 AM
Wait. What? the CAS thumbnails file can renew itself if I delete that file? I have a lot of wonky thumbnails showing the wrong sim and I hate CTRL + right clicking on them to fix them.
I just might give it a try
Mad Poster
#9462 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 2:26 AM
Just be aware that it slows down loading of CAS pages like a sumbitch.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9463 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 3:26 AM
Quote:
Wait. What? the CAS thumbnails file can renew itself if I delete that file? I have a lot of wonky thumbnails showing the wrong sim and I hate CTRL + right clicking on them to fix them.

As Peni says, it does slow down the loading if you delete them, but if you have the Compressorizer, you can run them through that, too..and it'll cut down the file size instead of deleting it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Test Subject
#9464 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 11:51 PM
You can place the restorable junk car anywhere you want with moveobjects on, but it will throw errors if you try to complete the project. Presumably this is because it changes into a Real Car when it's finished, and Real Cars need driveways. I assume the problem could be avoided by placing it on a proper driveway when it's time to finish the project. In this situation I'm just sticking it in a dorm building's backyard for skilling purposes, so it's no big deal-- when it's out of work to do I'll just plonk down a new one.
Theorist
#9465 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 12:07 AM
How having the random marriage reject mod in game can shake things up.
I have never had a horrible date, now I know how it is.
Lab Assistant
#9466 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 3:43 PM
I just found out that not only can caged birds die, but that when they do you get an actual dead and smelly bird chilling at the bottom of the cage! Alexander Goth just found that his bird Tiger had shrugged off the mortal coil and I am a little bit scarred.
Top Secret Researcher
#9467 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 4:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble101
I just found out that not only can caged birds die, but that when they do you get an actual dead and smelly bird chilling at the bottom of the cage! Alexander Goth just found that his bird Tiger had shrugged off the mortal coil and I am a little bit scarred.

Hhahahaha! Eww! I hardly ever use the birds so I didn' know that (or more likely, I saw it at some point but forgot)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Theorist
#9468 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 10:55 PM
Hungry sims are not interested in watching fights.
Alchemist
#9469 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 8:36 AM
If you are not a household member you can not put a baby in it's crib. I hate putting babies on the floor.
Mad Poster
#9470 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 9:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby1957
If you are not a household member you can not put a baby in it's crib. I hate putting babies on the floor.

Then why do nannies do so? They're not household members, and they use the cribs.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#9471 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 11:00 PM
Nanny code is different. That's specific to the NPC (and is made available to regular non-household members by the AL "Watch My Kids" interaction and the "Anybody Watch Kids" hack). There are mods to make babies more interactable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#9472 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 12:09 AM
I found out if your sims have custom eyes, the eyes turn reptillian when making out.
Alchemist
#9473 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 5:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Nanny code is different. That's specific to the NPC (and is made available to regular non-household members by the AL "Watch My Kids" interaction and the "Anybody Watch Kids" hack). There are mods to make babies more interactable.
Thanks, Peni. I just downloaded it.
Page 379 of 379